Do we have a leader on the field?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
Centaur

Do we have a leader on the field?

Post by Centaur » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:30 pm

Not so much in directing play - but talking and firing each other up? When we are firing and winning everyone gets involved - but when the chips are down no one wants to stand up and rip in. Say what you like about the coach but our inconsistent performances start and finish on the field and the lack of passion shown by our 'leaders' when we are struggling.

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:07 am

we would if we had a forward along the lines of adam blair .somebody who would take the ball up with venum.
o but some think a player like that is not good enough for our team of superstars .....

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:18 am

Ellis fills this role when he is fit...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:27 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Ellis fills this role when he is fit...

You're right Watto he does. Who's going to fill this role while he's injured tho?
There's blokes out there being given plenty of chances to put their hand up. It's just not happening.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:41 am

The answer is NO

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:43 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Ellis fills this role when he is fit...
Yeah I have always preferred following a skipper that is "Do as I do "Same reason I would of made Ben Galea captain once Prince had left in 06 Words don't inspire players ,actions do combined with words .

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:45 am

This is when the likes of Gibbs Ellis and payten are missed defensively all three and in attack you see Ellis do it more

Posted using RoarFEED

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:10 pm

yep ellis does this. blair is even more of a forward leader. can't wait to have him on board...

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Mon 16 May, 2011 7:03 pm

I've noticed this since Farah became captain!! He's not prepared to fire up and rip in when we are playing terrible. Weather it's because he dosnt want to put the rest of the players off side or his not that type of leader I don't know, but from a fans perspective, I wanna see him fire up behind the goal posts when we turn up like Saturday night!!

Posted using RoarFEED

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Mon 16 May, 2011 7:14 pm

Exactly. It was blatantly obvious after 2 or 3 minutes that they needed a rocket. After the first (or 2nd, or 3rd...) souffs try someone needed to get them together behind the posts and rip in.
Noone did.
Fifita at least tried to rev them up by actions late in the game but it was pretty much all over by then. At least he tried.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 16 May, 2011 11:19 pm

Centaur wrote:Not so much in directing play - but talking and firing each other up? When we are firing and winning everyone gets involved - but when the chips are down no one wants to stand up and rip in. Say what you like about the coach but our inconsistent performances start and finish on the field and the lack of passion shown by our 'leaders' when we are struggling.
heighington does sometimes

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 17 May, 2011 1:17 am

alien wrote:
Centaur wrote:Not so much in directing play - but talking and firing each other up? When we are firing and winning everyone gets involved - but when the chips are down no one wants to stand up and rip in. Say what you like about the coach but our inconsistent performances start and finish on the field and the lack of passion shown by our 'leaders' when we are struggling.
Sometimes aye. Maybe that explains why we only turn up sometimes...

alien

Post by alien » Tue 17 May, 2011 11:31 pm

Centaur wrote:
alien wrote:
Sometimes aye. Maybe that explains why we only turn up sometimes...

i know. they should all be doing it