Do we have a leader on the field?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
Post Reply
User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Do we have a leader on the field?

Post by Centaur » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:30 pm

Not so much in directing play - but talking and firing each other up? When we are firing and winning everyone gets involved - but when the chips are down no one wants to stand up and rip in. Say what you like about the coach but our inconsistent performances start and finish on the field and the lack of passion shown by our 'leaders' when we are struggling.


Posted using RoarFEED


tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:07 am

we would if we had a forward along the lines of adam blair .somebody who would take the ball up with venum.
o but some think a player like that is not good enough for our team of superstars .....

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:18 am

Ellis fills this role when he is fit...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Deano1
Member
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 5:35 pm
Location: after school detention

Post by Deano1 » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:27 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Ellis fills this role when he is fit...

You're right Watto he does. Who's going to fill this role while he's injured tho?
There's blokes out there being given plenty of chances to put their hand up. It's just not happening.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3492
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:41 am

The answer is NO


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40865
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:43 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Ellis fills this role when he is fit...
Yeah I have always preferred following a skipper that is "Do as I do "Same reason I would of made Ben Galea captain once Prince had left in 06 Words don't inspire players ,actions do combined with words .

adamtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon 26 Oct, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Ryde

Post by adamtiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:45 am

This is when the likes of Gibbs Ellis and payten are missed defensively all three and in attack you see Ellis do it more


Posted using RoarFEED

angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:10 pm

yep ellis does this. blair is even more of a forward leader. can't wait to have him on board...

TigerDave81
Member
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon 07 Mar, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by TigerDave81 » Mon 16 May, 2011 7:03 pm

I've noticed this since Farah became captain!! He's not prepared to fire up and rip in when we are playing terrible. Weather it's because he dosnt want to put the rest of the players off side or his not that type of leader I don't know, but from a fans perspective, I wanna see him fire up behind the goal posts when we turn up like Saturday night!!


Posted using RoarFEED

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Mon 16 May, 2011 7:14 pm

Exactly. It was blatantly obvious after 2 or 3 minutes that they needed a rocket. After the first (or 2nd, or 3rd...) souffs try someone needed to get them together behind the posts and rip in.
Noone did.
Fifita at least tried to rev them up by actions late in the game but it was pretty much all over by then. At least he tried.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Mon 16 May, 2011 11:19 pm

Centaur wrote:Not so much in directing play - but talking and firing each other up? When we are firing and winning everyone gets involved - but when the chips are down no one wants to stand up and rip in. Say what you like about the coach but our inconsistent performances start and finish on the field and the lack of passion shown by our 'leaders' when we are struggling.
heighington does sometimes

User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Centaur » Tue 17 May, 2011 1:17 am

alien wrote:
Centaur wrote:Not so much in directing play - but talking and firing each other up? When we are firing and winning everyone gets involved - but when the chips are down no one wants to stand up and rip in. Say what you like about the coach but our inconsistent performances start and finish on the field and the lack of passion shown by our 'leaders' when we are struggling.
heighington does sometimes
Sometimes aye. Maybe that explains why we only turn up sometimes...

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Tue 17 May, 2011 11:31 pm

Centaur wrote:
alien wrote:
Centaur wrote:Not so much in directing play - but talking and firing each other up? When we are firing and winning everyone gets involved - but when the chips are down no one wants to stand up and rip in. Say what you like about the coach but our inconsistent performances start and finish on the field and the lack of passion shown by our 'leaders' when we are struggling.
heighington does sometimes
Sometimes aye. Maybe that explains why we only turn up sometimes...

i know. they should all be doing it

Post Reply