Benji Captain!!

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
Tiger99

Re: Benji Captain!!

Post by Tiger99 » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:14 am

Honestly our problem as a club is we play and watch this game with attack in mind only. The reason farah makes so many tackles is because the opposition always run at him. Pettybourne had an absolute field day running at him. Have you ever seen him really hit somebody hard or come off the line and put on a shot. His line speed is terrible.

As I said all he did in the second half was score that try and the amount of times he goes away from benji is ridiculous.


User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:35 am

Sorry but this thread is rubbish.

The entire team had a PATHETIC first half, yet Farah at least made up for his poor first half with a very good second half. Benji on the other hand: well aside from his goalkicking, he looked disinterested in all aspects of the game. He was poor last night, very poor.

Farah played like a leader should in the second half, Marshall stayed in his shell. Not good enough from a player with his ability.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3331
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:37 am

Tiger99 wrote:Honestly our problem as a club is we play and watch this game with attack in mind only. The reason farah makes so many tackles is because the opposition always run at him. Pettybourne had an absolute field day running at him. Have you ever seen him really hit somebody hard or come off the line and put on a shot. His line speed is terrible.

As I said all he did in the second half was score that try and the amount of times he goes away from benji is ridiculous.
The only reason he makes so many tackled is they run at him?
Why do you think they do that? Think it might be to tire him out so he can't do the great things only he can do?
Last night he made 40 tackles scored a try and touched the ball in the others - including passing to Marshall for his try.
You would think he would get a little more help around the rucks in defence.
Do we want the best defensive hooker in the NRL or the most dangerous attacking hooker?
As for going away from Benji - have you heard of a halfback?
Most teams have a half who calls for the ball and dictates play - we rely on Farah to do something himself or "holler for a Marshall"
If he hadn't been on the field we would have been beaten by a hundred.
He is the only option for captain - no one else comes close.

adamtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon 26 Oct, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Ryde

Post by adamtiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:41 am

He's built for origin through him in there


Posted using RoarFEED

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 38977
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:47 am

No Thanks


t2010igers
Member
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun 10 Apr, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by t2010igers » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:49 am

WOW THAT IS SLL I CAN SAY, NEVER READ SO MUCH RUBBISH IN MY LIFE!!! How bout we look At the forwards that didn't aim up in the 1st half!!!! Where was Fifita, Fulton, even Galloway was well below par in the 1st half. Marshall and Farah are great attacking players but when your forwards fail to lay a platform and don't dominate the play the ball area u r not going to win many games in the NRL.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32192
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:52 am

I'd have Heighno as captain before Benji. Heighno wears his heart on his sleeve every week and generally looks to be the most passionate bloke out there.

t2010igers
Member
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun 10 Apr, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by t2010igers » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:52 am

Ohhh and one player I left out Mr Dwyer!!! Horrible performance barely sighted in the first half!!!!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 38977
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:54 am

willow wrote:I'd have Heighno as captain before Benji. Heighno wears his heart on his sleeve every week and generally looks to be the most passionate bloke out there.
x 2 Willow with the players we have available at the moment . But think that Ellis would be my pick if all are available .

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32192
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:55 am

Tiger99 wrote:Honestly our problem as a club is we play and watch this game with attack in mind only. The reason farah makes so many tackles is because the opposition always run at him. Pettybourne had an absolute field day running at him. Have you ever seen him really hit somebody hard or come off the line and put on a shot. His line speed is terrible.

As I said all he did in the second half was score that try and the amount of times he goes away from benji is ridiculous.
Since you decided to brag about how close to the team you are, why don't you front up at Concord tomorrow and tell Farah how poor a captain he is and tell Sheens to make Benji captain?

If this is such an issue as you claim, not much point telling us about it, tell the squad instead.

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:58 am

Marshall looked disinterested??? Twice souths made breaks straight up the middle from farah being lazy and benji twice recovered to help McKinnon in saving a try on top on that the trysaver in wesser reminded me of the one on Darren smith in 05 in the Elimination Final.

When benji is on the footy show or in any interview he always talks about the how good others are going yet Farah is always talking himself up!

There is no negotiating with the coach and I'm at Concord everyday buddy. I will vent my frustration with the fans who obviously don't agree.

t2010igers
Member
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun 10 Apr, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by t2010igers » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:59 am

WELL SAID WILLOW!!!!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27764
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:03 am

Heighington should be captain
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4661
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:12 am

I've never liked farah as captain. If he was a cricketer he'd open the batting and bowl himself from both ends. I thought Payten should have taken over from Hodgson but that time has gone by. We dont seeem to have many natural leaders, Ellis would be great but may only be a short term solution.

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:17 am

Farah getting the captancy was one of the things that stopped him going to the Gold Coast want it?

We probably don't have the option to take it off him if we wanted to.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4661
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:20 am

It was probably promised to him but I doubt it would be in his contract.

angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:21 pm

farah definitely doesn't hit hard Tiger99 and opposition players target him also to get a quick play the ball and get momentum. you're absolutely right and this is why he isn't selected for SOO...

the rest is rubbish. he may not be the best defensive hooker in the game but he is the best in attack which is why we play the brand of football we play. and you don't changed captains at the drop of a hat. plus i do think that the forwards should help him more in defense given that he is playing with back, hip, and groin problems - if that was alan tongue they'd call him inspirational!

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:27 pm

Tiger99 wrote:Marshall looked disinterested??? Twice souths made breaks straight up the middle from farah being lazy and benji twice recovered to help McKinnon in saving a try on top on that the trysaver in wesser reminded me of the one on Darren smith in 05 in the Elimination Final.

When benji is on the footy show or in any interview he always talks about the how good others are going yet Farah is always talking himself up!

There is no negotiating with the coach and I'm at Concord everyday buddy. I will vent my frustration with the fans who obviously don't agree.
I don't get the argument against Benji last night or his off the field issues. I can see the argument against Farah being captain because he hogs it at terrible times but last night was not his fault.

Post Reply