Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
biggest tigers fan

Re: Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 15 May, 2011 4:50 pm

Sorry but we were bad enough for me to change the channel.
Number 1 souffs hater

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:08 pm

tiger4ever wrote:bennett shouldnt get the credit then cause brown had them playing consistent footy every week as well.

Who do you drop then hybrid.

I feel like im repeating myself but dragons play as a team with every single player playing a role where we have players playing for themelves.
No fault of the coach change the record its broken

You said last year if we make the semis every year you would be happy what happened to that.

Agree with that wholeheartedly, Tiger, but that is exactly why it is the coach's fault - it's his job to coach them to play as a team!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:44 pm

are you serious what ground were you at one of the worst halfs in a couple of decades for this club with the mighty fonz at the wheel sleepwalkin again :crazy

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:54 pm

Yossarian wrote:
angeman wrote:
smeghead wrote:A continuation of a proud tradition of mentally weak Tim Sheens prepared Tigers sides
sad but true. but shhhh don't criticize sheens because he reads the forum and will make some comment about you being a 'so-called supporter'. year-on-year he can't fix our defensive structure. it is definitely a problem and one reason why i was hoping he'd move to penrith...
Yep it's Tim Sheens' fault... His fault we let a drop out go over the sideline, his fault we let Souths regather another dropout, his fault people missed basic tackles... I'm guessing the fact the 2nd half was 18-2 our way had nothing to do with Sheens in your opinion?

I'm not saying that a coach shouldn't wear some of the blame but a team with players of our ability shouldn't be down 0-27 to a team like Souths. A lot of our blokes looked like they didn't want to be there - Phil Gould said the same thing in the Herald this morning and he's right.

We were extremely poor for 40 minutes last night, good for the 2nd half. We're still in the Top 8 and we have Gibbs, Ellis, Lawrence, Tuqiri out. The sky is NOT falling down yet.
ummm... we are not talking about the odd error here and there. the coach is responsible for defensive structure isn't he? doesn't he also motivate the team? probably in charge of player selection? his staff manage the interchange? if a team doesn't perform doesn't the coach ultimately live or die, e.g. elliott?

i credit sheens when it is due. great that he turned them around for the second half but we still lost a game we should have been in a position to win. ultimately i want the team to win as often as possible but our defense too often just looks ordinary!

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:57 pm

Tigerdave wrote:I wonder what the Storm fans reactions are to losing to Canberra in Melbourne or Bronco's supporters seeing their team get flogged by Penrith, same or worse than us?

no one likes losing but they might be a little bit more comfortable given they've won a few more...

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Sun 15 May, 2011 7:09 pm

Boon Boon ,where you drinking or smoking some funny stuff thru the game ,They the tigers where DISGRACEFUL,they showed no heart ,and no effort ,Moltzen to small runs side ways cant tackle ,Lui switches off after 10 minutes ,Heighton always runs back towards the play and has no skills,Brown looks like he doesnt want to be there,Ashford again to impove his tackling ,Benji the worst tackler in the league ,the tigers have the worst kicking game in the comp ,and you say it wasnt that bad ,HELLO WAKE UP

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 7:24 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:Inconsistency we all know that and normally thats a attitude thing and that comes from within.FFS

No i dont expect you to say anything im just pointing out a fact that when we win its the players when we lose it the coach and normally the favourite thing is interchange and game plans and motivating players its like a broken record.

It one loss not the end of the world and no need to panic every team except saints has had their bad weeks.
So what every single one of the player has crap attitude?

Again, you can blame individuals for inconsistency,
but what happens when the whole team is inconsistent?
Should we sack the whole team?

Also, you can say the team is inconsistent and they need to know that all games are equal and not to underestimate you opinion blah blah blah..
but this has been Tigers' problem since inception.

Sheens has coached the same team for years
and the fact that they still make the same dumb mistakes over and over again
either shows that they are not first grade material (whole team)
or the coach doesn't learn from his mistakes.

AGAIN: NO POINT OF EXPERIENCE IF YOU DONT LEARN FROM IT.

I Didnt say every player had a crap attitude last night and i dont think they all play inconsistent just our key players when they play well we win and they generally struggle to have 2 blinders in a row for quite a while.

Well its the same players as well.

We run 3rd last year and running 8th now and very much in the hunt.

LethalGurlie

Post by LethalGurlie » Sun 15 May, 2011 7:28 pm

How's it go... Forwards win the game and the backs decide by how much ... we need the forwards firing as well as the backs ready to take advantage of every little break that comes their way...it has to be a team effort and maybe at the moment a few of the tigers haven't got that killer attitude...

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:40 pm

LethalGurlie wrote:How's it go... Forwards win the game and the backs decide by how much ... we need the forwards firing as well as the backs ready to take advantage of every little break that comes their way...it has to be a team effort and maybe at the moment a few of the tigers haven't got that killer attitude...
You know what, last week when we scored our 3rd try I thought & said to the wife. "I hope we put them to the sword" it’s not often we go on with it as we should, but we did. I thought it could be the turning point in our season. Obviously not though.. By the way LethalGurlie, I see your new to the forum & after a loss to South's. I also joined after a massive loss to South's nearly a year to the day...
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

LethalGurlie

Post by LethalGurlie » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:49 pm

Well cuzzo here's hoping we can both bring some good luck to the tigers this year and go right to the finals :)

We need to put more teams to the sword and hopefully we will start with the Panthers on Saturday night!!

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:02 pm

LethalGurlie wrote:Well cuzzo here's hoping we can both bring some good luck to the tigers this year and go right to the finals :)
Can either of you play in the forwards? :roll

Can't wait for Ellis to return (He's not going to solve these problems but hopefully the others can take a page out his book).
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

LethalGurlie

Post by LethalGurlie » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:06 pm

lol play in the forwards nah i might break one of my nails :) but i hear cuzzo can!!

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Mon 16 May, 2011 6:35 am

I would have better than what I saw Sat night. That's for sure.

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Mon 16 May, 2011 7:33 am

Well I wouldn't have fallen off as many tackles as most I saw Sat night.. That's for sure.

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Mon 16 May, 2011 7:50 am

Big call but if sandow didn't do his regather from the drop out we would have gone on and won it. Souths were on the ropes. That shows how crap souths are ATM and how silly we played in the first half

Posted using RoarFEED

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 16 May, 2011 8:37 am

there are no excuses for that first half, it was just terrible.

at least the second half was an improvement, and hopefully we can improve again from there. I was worried we were going to let Souths go on with it like the first time we played them last year. I don't think I would have survived.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 16 May, 2011 8:53 am

smeghead wrote:Moltzen would be the first one I would drop.

I like the kid alot but Ryan showed what we actually need if we are to carry a back on the bench with his scoots and Moltzen isn't a centres anal cavity
Classic. We get ripped apart up the middle and the first thing is to drop an outside back. Moltzen was actually one of our better players. It was his most confident performance since returning from injury. He will only get better.

Ryan is a debacle and should retire to focus on tv.

In any case, I am not worried about the result, I am more interested in the reaction. The same result occurred last season at the SCG and the reaction was positive. Let's see if it happens again.