Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Re: Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 15 May, 2011 12:08 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Hes not a half hes not a fullback not a centre what the hell is he.

Hybrid to coach he knows everything.

We come 3rd last year did you know that
hybrid is spot on.....moltz at 7 or left right out ....
COMPLACENCY is our problem......


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30080
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sun 15 May, 2011 12:13 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Did he? Is that why they choked whenever it came to the crunch? Brown copped it for that, and Bennett gets credit for the opposite.

It's not about who I would drop (though Moltzen would be the first) it's about how the bench is used. Beau Ryan should not be on the bench and should not play hooker, second row or any other ridiculous position. Dwyer should not play 80 minutes. Heighington should not play 80 minutes. Fulton should not play 80 minutes. Galloway should play longer minutes. Shirnack should play longer minutes. Fifita should play longer minutes

All about balance, we have none. Sheens sticks to the same old tired formula, over and over again.
Agree with what you're saying but last night Heighno played 64 minutes and Fulton 66. Agree that Schirnack should play more minutes, Galloway played 54 minutes last night and I wouldn't be playing him much longer than that, 60 tops IMO.

murr99

Post by murr99 » Sun 15 May, 2011 12:21 pm

[quote="boonboon"]I kn ow the first half scoreboard looked bad but we wernt that bad last night in reality - they made a couple of busts in the first half and a couple of random things went against us including a number of penalties and they got some momentum - we wernt great but we fought back - and with a bit of luck we probably would have won in the end. We often play badly against Souths its just how it is as a Tiger supporter

As for the individuals - Dwyer perhaps had a poor game but other then that no one was individually horrible just some badly timed penalties and a few freak things not going our way- for example the 2 drop outs we forced but didnt get back, Wesser having his a great game for the first time all year etc[/quote

WOW we wernt that bad.... :lol: :lol: gee i would hate to see us when we are really bad :?:

User avatar
Kickme
Member
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by Kickme » Sun 15 May, 2011 12:29 pm

Good to see that all the critics on this forum are all coaches. :roll:

User avatar
helmesy
Member
Member
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Sydney

Post by helmesy » Sun 15 May, 2011 12:32 pm

I can't honestly believe this thread.

Gee we have some deluded fans. That was the worst half of football I have seen in years from any side.

As for who we should drop - Sheens never drops anyone so it's pointless discussing it. The same players get picked week in week out and no matter how poor they play hey know they will be picked next week.

The players and coach need to equally share the blame. Last time I checked it is the coaches job to prepare the team ready to play. This kind of performance is not a one off.

Wayne Bennett gets all the credit for the Dragons winning mentality, they always turn up to play and he gets all the credit for it. Why should Sheens not cop any criticism for us not turning up.
Great post! Agree 1000%


angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:40 pm

smeghead wrote:A continuation of a proud tradition of mentally weak Tim Sheens prepared Tigers sides
sad but true. but shhhh don't criticize sheens because he reads the forum and will make some comment about you being a 'so-called supporter'. year-on-year he can't fix our defensive structure. it is definitely a problem and one reason why i was hoping he'd move to penrith...

angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:42 pm

helmesy wrote:
I can't honestly believe this thread.

Gee we have some deluded fans. That was the worst half of football I have seen in years from any side.

As for who we should drop - Sheens never drops anyone so it's pointless discussing it. The same players get picked week in week out and no matter how poor they play hey know they will be picked next week.

The players and coach need to equally share the blame. Last time I checked it is the coaches job to prepare the team ready to play. This kind of performance is not a one off.

Wayne Bennett gets all the credit for the Dragons winning mentality, they always turn up to play and he gets all the credit for it. Why should Sheens not cop any criticism for us not turning up.
Great post! Agree 1000%
exactly! it happens all to often...

angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:45 pm

...and i'm sick of hearing injuries as the excuse. look how other teams cope!

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9105
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:56 pm

angeman wrote:
smeghead wrote:A continuation of a proud tradition of mentally weak Tim Sheens prepared Tigers sides
sad but true. but shhhh don't criticize sheens because he reads the forum and will make some comment about you being a 'so-called supporter'. year-on-year he can't fix our defensive structure. it is definitely a problem and one reason why i was hoping he'd move to penrith...
Yep it's Tim Sheens' fault... His fault we let a drop out go over the sideline, his fault we let Souths regather another dropout, his fault people missed basic tackles... I'm guessing the fact the 2nd half was 18-2 our way had nothing to do with Sheens in your opinion?

I'm not saying that a coach shouldn't wear some of the blame but a team with players of our ability shouldn't be down 0-27 to a team like Souths. A lot of our blokes looked like they didn't want to be there - Phil Gould said the same thing in the Herald this morning and he's right.

We were extremely poor for 40 minutes last night, good for the 2nd half. We're still in the Top 8 and we have Gibbs, Ellis, Lawrence, Tuqiri out. The sky is NOT falling down yet.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 May, 2011 2:13 pm

If it was individual's fault then I wouldn't blame Sheens.
The fact that the whole team rocked up with that kind of an attitude and the same basic mistakes shows that they weren't prepared properly.
THAT IS SHEEN'S FAULT AND THAT IS WHY WE LOST.

I agree it's not his fault we let the dropout go over the sideline,
but give any coach in the NRL a team consisting of
Dwyer, Fifita, Benji, Farah, Gal, Brown and Mckinnon,
they will rip you apart.

ITS SHEENS' FAULT WE LET THOSE TRIES IN.
not 100% his fault
BUT ITS 80% HIS AND 20% THE PLAYERS'.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
Kickme
Member
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by Kickme » Sun 15 May, 2011 2:44 pm

boonboon wrote:I kn ow the first half scoreboard looked bad but we wernt that bad last night in reality - they made a couple of busts in the first half and a couple of random things went against us including a number of penalties and they got some momentum - we wernt great but we fought back - and with a bit of luck we probably would have won in the end. We often play badly against Souths its just how it is as a Tiger supporter

As for the individuals - Dwyer perhaps had a poor game but other then that no one was individually horrible just some badly timed penalties and a few freak things not going our way- for example the 2 drop outs we forced but didnt get back, Wesser having his a great game for the first time all year etc
Like all your post totally bias, I can name a few other players who had poor game including the captain. To be fair on the team, they all played poor and no-one player was a stand out.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9105
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 15 May, 2011 2:52 pm

tig_prmz wrote:If it was individual's fault then I wouldn't blame Sheens.
The fact that the whole team rocked up with that kind of an attitude and the same basic mistakes shows that they weren't prepared properly.
THAT IS SHEEN'S FAULT AND THAT IS WHY WE LOST.

I agree it's not his fault we let the dropout go over the sideline,
but give any coach in the NRL a team consisting of
Dwyer, Fifita, Benji, Farah, Gal, Brown and Mckinnon,
they will rip you apart.

ITS SHEENS' FAULT WE LET THOSE TRIES IN.
not 100% his fault
BUT ITS 80% HIS AND 20% THE PLAYERS'.
20% the players? Please - they are professional footballers on good coin. They shouldn't need the coach to have them in the right frame of mind to make tackles and hang on to the ball. The coach's job is to develop a game plan - macro level things - not having to worry about players wanting to play a decent game. He's a coach not a motivational speaker.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 May, 2011 3:07 pm

the percentages were just an indication, the point is the majority of the fault is Sheens'.

The whole frikin team had a poor attitude.
WHY??
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 3:24 pm

20% the players? Please - they are professional footballers on good coin. They shouldn't need the coach to have them in the right frame of mind to make tackles and hang on to the ball. The coach's job is to develop a game plan - macro level things - not having to worry about players wanting to play a decent game. He's a coach not a motivational speaker.[/quote]


Lol That is so funny but im wondering when we played canberra and won so easily was that 80 sheens or is that only work when we lose.lol

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 May, 2011 3:27 pm

tiger4ever wrote:20% the players? Please - they are professional footballers on good coin. They shouldn't need the coach to have them in the right frame of mind to make tackles and hang on to the ball. The coach's job is to develop a game plan - macro level things - not having to worry about players wanting to play a decent game. He's a coach not a motivational speaker.

Lol That is so funny but im wondering when we played canberra and won so easily was that 80 sheens or is that only work when we lose.lol[/quote]

Why don't you get the frikin point??? It's the INCONSISTENCY FFS!.

Ok Do you want me to say it? Here:

Hey Tim, nice work with the win against Canberra. Do you want a medal for making Beau play 10 minutes and Schirnack 15?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 3:37 pm

Inconsistency we all know that and normally thats a attitude thing and that comes from within.FFS

No i dont expect you to say anything im just pointing out a fact that when we win its the players when we lose it the coach and normally the favourite thing is interchange and game plans and motivating players its like a broken record.

It one loss not the end of the world and no need to panic every team except saints has had their bad weeks.

User avatar
Sataris
Member
Member
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm
Contact:

Post by Sataris » Sun 15 May, 2011 4:03 pm

Worst half of football in quite a while and if we're honest about disecting this team's performance then we need to take a look at how the team operates during the week rather than what happens on gameday.

I think these 4 areas pretty much sum up the process.

Training.
Match Preperation.
Match.
Recovery.

In one (probably more) areas this team is doing something that is causing this inconsistency.

I can only judge what happens during the game, but I'd be interested in hearing other opinions.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 May, 2011 4:39 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Inconsistency we all know that and normally thats a attitude thing and that comes from within.FFS

No i dont expect you to say anything im just pointing out a fact that when we win its the players when we lose it the coach and normally the favourite thing is interchange and game plans and motivating players its like a broken record.

It one loss not the end of the world and no need to panic every team except saints has had their bad weeks.
So what every single one of the player has crap attitude?

Again, you can blame individuals for inconsistency,
but what happens when the whole team is inconsistent?
Should we sack the whole team?

Also, you can say the team is inconsistent and they need to know that all games are equal and not to underestimate you opinion blah blah blah..
but this has been Tigers' problem since inception.

Sheens has coached the same team for years
and the fact that they still make the same dumb mistakes over and over again
either shows that they are not first grade material (whole team)
or the coach doesn't learn from his mistakes.

AGAIN: NO POINT OF EXPERIENCE IF YOU DONT LEARN FROM IT.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Post Reply
cron