Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
Danos

Re: Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

Post by Danos » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:05 am

First half was about as bad as it gets. Credit to them, they played better in the second half, but you can't win by turning up for just 40 out of 80 minutes.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:10 am

I can't honestly believe this thread.

Gee we have some deluded fans. That was the worst half of football I have seen in years from any side.

As for who we should drop - Sheens never drops anyone so it's pointless discussing it. The same players get picked week in week out and no matter how poor they play hey know they will be picked next week.

The players and coach need to equally share the blame. Last time I checked it is the coaches job to prepare the team ready to play. This kind of performance is not a one off.

Wayne Bennett gets all the credit for the Dragons winning mentality, they always turn up to play and he gets all the credit for it. Why should Sheens not cop any criticism for us not turning up.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:14 am

bennett shouldnt get the credit then cause brown had them playing consistent footy every week as well.

Who do you drop then hybrid.

I feel like im repeating myself but dragons play as a team with every single player playing a role where we have players playing for themelves.

No fault of the coach change the record its broken

You said last year if we make the semis every year you would be happy what happened to that.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:17 am

Moltzen would be the first one I would drop.

I like the kid alot but Ryan showed what we actually need if we are to carry a back on the bench with his scoots and Moltzen isn't a centres anal cavity

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:19 am

Did he? Is that why they choked whenever it came to the crunch? Brown copped it for that, and Bennett gets credit for the opposite.

It's not about who I would drop (though Moltzen would be the first) it's about how the bench is used. Beau Ryan should not be on the bench and should not play hooker, second row or any other ridiculous position. Dwyer should not play 80 minutes. Heighington should not play 80 minutes. Fulton should not play 80 minutes. Galloway should play longer minutes. Shirnack should play longer minutes. Fifita should play longer minutes

All about balance, we have none. Sheens sticks to the same old tired formula, over and over again.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:22 am

Hes not a half hes not a fullback not a centre what the hell is he.

Hybrid to coach he knows everything.

We come 3rd last year did you know that

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:25 am

Just finished watching game (worked last night) and that 1st half was not good from us . But to give Souths credit with that playing roster they were almost perfect in the first half . Time to go into camp again . Anyone who does not think that Gibbs isn't important to this team just watch this game and compare to games he has played . Our speed of the defensive line was bad and why we slide on out try line just astounds me .

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:25 am

We won't make the finals playing like that.

And if we don't make the finals I'll bet you'll still be here defending Sheens.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:28 am

tiger4ever wrote:Hes not a half hes not a fullback not a centre what the hell is he.

He's a halfback or five-eighth and he is stuck behind much better players in both of those positions.

Again, a discussion board. Your arguments are childish and ridiculous, I'm not the coach so I can't criticise the coach, Sheens is right in whatever he does and everyone should just accept it without criticism.

Last year was last year, we are discussing this year, did you know that?

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:32 am

I agree with most that first half was probably the worst i have seen in years but it is a bit hard to pin this loss on Sheens.
The reason we lost is cause they killed us up the middle.& our forwards got owned by a bunch of B graders
At half time they got a reving up & responded well in the 2nd half.But if we dont find consistency soon we might be in trouble in afew weeks time

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:38 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Did he? Is that why they choked whenever it came to the crunch? Brown copped it for that, and Bennett gets credit for the opposite.

It's not about who I would drop (though Moltzen would be the first) it's about how the bench is used. Beau Ryan should not be on the bench and should not play hooker, second row or any other ridiculous position. Dwyer should not play 80 minutes. Heighington should not play 80 minutes. Fulton should not play 80 minutes. Galloway should play longer minutes. Shirnack should play longer minutes. Fifita should play longer minutes

All about balance, we have none. Sheens sticks to the same old tired formula, over and over again.
Yeah agree Hybrid with some of those players Dwyer can't consistantly play 80 minutes , Fulton at the moment should not be 80 minutes and when we are at full strength he won't be getting 80 minutes . Agree with all bar Rhino I think he is an 80 minute player , but if we are looking long term at Rhino career maybe you are right .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:50 am

We missed Ellis , Payten ,Gibbs big time last night .And half the forum wants to get rid of 2 of them .

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:50 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:Hes not a half hes not a fullback not a centre what the hell is he.

He's a halfback or five-eighth and he is stuck behind much better players in both of those positions.

Again, a discussion board. Your arguments are childish and ridiculous, I'm not the coach so I can't criticise the coach, Sheens is right in whatever he does and everyone should just accept it without criticism.

Last year was last year, we are discussing this year, did you know that?

Me childish and you come out and have a whinge after every loss.haha

No you always say before last year we havent made the semis for 4 years blablabla and now we have you choose to ignore it.We are in the 8 are we not.

Continue your whinging though which is what you always seem to do.

What you say after last weeks game?

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:17 am

And we are the team that most judges think can worry the Dragons this year! Ha
They will take us to skool.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:23 am

I wonder what the Storm fans reactions are to losing to Canberra in Melbourne or Bronco's supporters seeing their team get flogged by Penrith, same or worse than us?

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:24 am

You could see we were gone 5 minutes into the game.

No talk,no interest and no effort.

Pathetic.

I can take losing normally but not when the players don't show up.

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:38 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Did he? Is that why they choked whenever it came to the crunch? Brown copped it for that, and Bennett gets credit for the opposite.

Totally agree x 2
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 11:56 am

smeghead wrote:Moltzen would be the first one I would drop.

I like the kid alot but Ryan showed what we actually need if we are to carry a back on the bench with his scoots and Moltzen isn't a centres anal cavity
Everybody wants to drop Moltzen - can anyone watch the replay and tell me one good thing Lui did?
He's the half - he's supposed to be the go to man.
In other threads people are bagging Farah for being selfish , Marshall for being disinterested and the forwards for being pussies.
We need a quality half and it's about time all you Lui lovers woke up to the fact he's never going to be the one to lead us out of trouble .
Look at the stats - opposition teams aim their big men at the guy who can hurt them in attack to wear him out,
That guy was Farah - forced to make 40 tackles.
I'm not saying Moltzen is the greatest half in the world but we are being robbed of a chance to find out.
Seems like no matter how bad we go Lui is a protected species - I bet Orford wishes it was the same for halfbacks in Canberra