ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
underdog

Re: Our forwards

Post by underdog » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:27 pm

get out and play yourself Tiger.

If someone came to your work who had no idea about what you did and had the hide to yell abuse at you, you wouldn't stand for it. (and if you did, you are a pussy)

Why should they be expected to cop your crap?

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:28 pm

helmesy wrote:There seems to me to be an attitude problem, I don't know if its ego, over-coaching, under-coaching, poor strategy, poor player selection or what but there is just no consistency in the way we play.
This

There is something wrong in the way this club prepares for games.

I can understand players having off-games every now and then, but for the whole team to play as they did leads me to think there's an underlying problem.

Are the dragons any more talented than our side?

I'd say player for player we'd be fairly even.

What are they doing during the week that the tigers are not?
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:46 pm

underdog wrote:get out and play yourself Tiger.

If someone came to your work who had no idea about what you did and had the hide to yell abuse at you, you wouldn't stand for it. (and if you did, you are a pussy)

Why should they be expected to cop your crap?
Why does it bother you so much that i'm calling them pussies? Are they relatives of yours? your mates? Are you happy watching your team get walked over by reserve graders? they played like skirts and need to be told by their supporters.
No one pays money to watch me do my job and cheer for me while i earn s*** loads of money doing something i'm supposed to be good at and love, no one buys my work uniform and wears it proudly around the streets with my autograph on it and hangs posters of me in their kids room.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 16 May, 2011 7:58 am

They did play like pussies this week, fair call. Exception being Fifita, who I thought had a real go with limited minutes.

Our players are coached to surrender and try and get quick play the balls. Worked five years ago, but not anymore and we still persist with it.

angeman

Post by angeman » Mon 16 May, 2011 2:35 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:They did play like pussies this week, fair call. Exception being Fifita, who I thought had a real go with limited minutes.

Our players are coached to surrender and try and get quick play the balls. Worked five years ago, but not anymore and we still persist with it.
i also believe they are coached this way. run to the line then drop. when was the last time we just bursted through the line? it doesnt get us a quick play the ball either because the opposition just lays all over us. don't we know this doesn't work any more?!?!?

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Mon 16 May, 2011 2:36 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:They did play like pussies this week, fair call. Exception being Fifita, who I thought had a real go with limited minutes.

Not to mention consistantly running back into the markers 2-3 a set. One reason why we make less metres.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 16 May, 2011 6:00 pm

we did have Ellis, Gibbs and Payten out..... Young kids, and we have a heap of them in the team, take time before they are consistent performers. You only have to be a few percent off and you get shown up in the NRL, and it takes time before blokes are accustomed to being up every week.

We let them offload to much in the first half and got punished.

The way they responded in teh second half was encouraging.

Thought Fifita was good in attack, he'll learn from that short drop out.

I also thought BMM was encouraging in only his 3rd NRL game, Woods was good in attack, a tad off in defence.

BTW pussies get found out way before NRL....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 May, 2011 6:05 pm

Goose wrote:we did have Ellis, Gibbs and Payten out..... Young kids, and we have a heap of them in the team, take time before they are consistent performers. You only have to be a few percent off and you get shown up in the NRL, and it takes time before blokes are accustomed to being up every week.

We let them offload to much in the first half and got punished.

The way they responded in teh second half was encouraging.

Thought Fifita was good in attack, he'll learn from that short drop out.

I also thought BMM was encouraging in only his 3rd NRL game, Woods was good in attack, a tad off in defence.

BTW pussies get found out way before NRL....
Wasn't Fifita fault Moose . In any set up I have played in Hooker should be standing on the 10 metre line staring at the black dot on the cross bar for a drop kick . You want someone there with good hands and sharp reflexes Not a prop