Extremely weird

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
citizen cub

Extremely weird

Post by citizen cub » Sun 15 May, 2011 3:20 pm

Last night showed how inconsistent we can be at times. Practically the same team that demolished Canberra in their own backyard a fortnight earlier, turns up against (IMO) a much weaker Souths outfit and get beaten soundly.

I can't work it out, I try as best as possible not to dissect losses because it s*** me too much talking about it, but something that is simply beyond me.

Oh well, I'm already looking foward to next week's clash with Penrith, a critical game which could determine our legitimacy in 2011. Just remember what happened after we played Souths at ANZ last year? We come at the next week and beat Penrith at Cambo! Hopefully a repeat this time.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:34 pm

maybe the odds have something to do with it ..........

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:37 pm

got me beat

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:45 pm

Good post. There is no reason it's footy the way it goes. It's a shame others don't have this attitude rather than the knee jerk reactionary rubbish that gets posted on here.

Next week is another game and the team have the opportunity to get back in the winners circle.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:18 pm

Yeah good post, it seems to me the top teams can play 8-9 games at a top level, then they often have a poor game or the opposition is too hungry.

The middle of the road teams like the Tigers seem to play a great game, average game, poor game, great game, average game, poor game.

Are we expecting too much from this group of players?

Is it attitude (a hangover from 05)?

Is it coaching?

Is it injuries?

A combination?

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:33 pm

We couldn't get into the game - it had a lot to do with penalties that gave Souths good field position without having to breach our defence. Their last try was a cheesy, anything could happen affair from a bomb.

We went 0-27 in the first half, but they went 2-18 in the second. With some luck - McKinnon's near try, Utai's try that was wrongly disallowed and Sandow's short drop out - we still might have won.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.