Lui

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm Saturday 21 May
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Tiger Watto

Re: Lui

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 22 May, 2011 8:10 am

Anyone pointing the finger at Lui has no idea... Have a closer look at your "6" boys and girls!!!

If Tim Sheens has any balls, we will line up in the halves next week with 7. Lui 6. Moltzen... Sadly, it wont happen and sadly we will be the same team week in, week out.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 8:15 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Anyone pointing the finger at Lui has no idea... Have a closer look at your "6" boys and girls!!!

If Tim Sheens has any balls, we will line up in the halves next week with 7. Lui 6. Moltzen... Sadly, it wont happen and sadly we will be the same team week in, week out.
I think that Benji ,Lui and Farah have littl faith in the outside backs(apart from Ayshford) and that is half the problem

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:02 am

Bit of an overreaction, but it only proves that he's simply not a halfback. He's the furthest player from a halfback we've got. He's a good 5/8th, but not at all a halfback.

He's young and talented, but he's not going to reach any heights here at halfback. Moving to a team where he could play 5/8th outside of a genuine halfback would help him a lot more. A team like the Panthers, who struggle for creativity.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:10 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Anyone pointing the finger at Lui has no idea... Have a closer look at your "6" boys and girls!!!

You are kidding!

Moltzen should be nowhere near first grade. Let only in the halves....
Benji has 2 poor games, despite be leaps and bounds ahead of any player prior and he should be dropped?

I used to be long critical of Marshall, but this year he has been outstanding imo. (Last night though was very poor).
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:28 am

Its been going on for 18months... a message MUST be sent to Marshall first and foremost. If that means Timmy Choo Shoes Moltzen being a stop gap, so be it...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:42 am

I think the team needs to go to one of the boys places, have a BBQ and about 1000 beers. Have a laugh together, then turn up the next morning feeling terrible and hungover, and have Folkes smash them in a fitness session. Get the plying group to work together, no ego's, no show pony's, just and old fasioned drink and fitness session where they all need to pull each other through, throw their guts up
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:44 am

king sirro wrote:I think the team needs to go to one of the boys places, have a BBQ and about 1000 beers. Have a laugh together, then turn up the next morning feeling terrible and hungover, and have Folkes smash them in a fitness session. Get the plying group to work together, no ego's, no show pony's, just and old fasioned drink and fitness session where they all need to pull each other through, throw their guts up
That's fine KS as long as they aren't allowed to go out on the town afterwards .....

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:46 am

Fairdinkum, some people talk some crap

It takes years to become a top class first grade half back.

He is A work in progress and has shown more than enough to suggest he has the goods.

Some people have no idea!!

What is the better option, Moltzen....I don't think so.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:49 am

king sirro wrote:I think the team needs to go to one of the boys places, have a BBQ and about 1000 beers. Have a laugh together, then turn up the next morning feeling terrible and hungover, and have Folkes smash them in a fitness session. Get the plying group to work together, no ego's, no show pony's, just and old fasioned drink and fitness session where they all need to pull each other through, throw their guts up
This is the smartest thing I have read on here for a while... Well said Sirro

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:57 am

Watto, Watto, Watto.....if Marshall was injured and didnt play a game this year so far, we would be behind the Raiders on the ladder.

He hasnt been brilliant for a few weeks but has still pulled off plays that lean towards match winning.

As for Lui, tough game for the kid but he deserves another chance.

I think a lot of our backline play dies on the left because instead of having a hard running center that hits the gaps running off Benji or Lui, more often then not Hieghno seems to be the one who recieves the ball, stops and pivots and gets tackled. We really, really miss Lawrence.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:29 am

I agree with you stryker but unlike some ning nongs on here i wont say people have no idea if they dont agree with us.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:33 am

tiger4ever wrote:I agree with you stryker but unlike some ning nongs on here i wont say people have no idea if they dont agree with us.

Thas basically just what u said, u just found another way to say it
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow

Post by willow » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:44 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Its been going on for 18months... a message MUST be sent to Marshall first and foremost. If that means Timmy Choo Shoes Moltzen being a stop gap, so be it...
Marshall isn't the problem Watto. He is the best 5/8 at the Tigers and arguably the best in the world. He's still showing inconsistency in his game, but as he showed last night, he can poorly for 60 minutes but still help get the Tigers over the line.

I'm not sure what issues are running through the Tigers camp at the moment but when they are sorted out, Marshall will be the spearhead to take the Tigers to the next level.

Moltzen at the moment isn't in good form, not at fullback, not in the centres, not anywhere where Sheens is playing him and he's not playing well enough to displace Lui. Lui is 21 years old and 30 games into his first grade career, it is simply unrealistic for people to expect him to play well every week, especially considering the ordinary go forward being provided by the Tigers forwards at the moment.

Again, take a look at the Raiders game several week ago, the forwards went forward really well and Farah, Marshall and Lui all had very strong games because they had room to move and time with the ball in hand. Now take a look at the last couple of weeks where the go forward has suffered and the team is playing far too laterally...It's not rocket science although quite a few on here seem oblivious to the fact that halves don't shine unless the forwards all aim up and get the job done.

Again, take a look at how many teams can win a game of football by making 17 errors and finish with a completion rate of 61%.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:44 am

tiger4ever wrote:I agree with you stryker but unlike some ning nongs on here i wont say people have no idea if they dont agree with us.
you have no idea!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:44 am

tiger05 wrote:
stryker wrote:
Snake wrote:When Miller is our 1/2 we will look like a real contender Lui is average at best and is a 5/8 another converted postion by the Great man doesn't work coach you have the player use him!
Miller isnt at the level were he can run a first grade side. Lui is far superior.
Please - you can't have watched that game. He was terrible. Miller is young and I have no idea where he is at but he would have been 1000 times better than Lui. Half of the posters on this forum would have been as well.
I did watch the game mate and I dont want to drop my present halfback for one poor performance.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:46 am

willow wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Its been going on for 18months... a message MUST be sent to Marshall first and foremost. If that means Timmy Choo Shoes Moltzen being a stop gap, so be it...
Marshall isn't the problem Watto. He is the best 5/8 at the Tigers and arguably the best in the world. He's still showing inconsistency in his game, but as he showed last night, he can poorly for 60 minutes but still help get the Tigers over the line.

I'm not sure what issues are running through the Tigers camp at the moment but when they are sorted out, Marshall will be the spearhead to take the Tigers to the next level.

Moltzen at the moment isn't in good form, not at fullback, not in the centres, not anywhere where Sheens is playing him and he's not playing well enough to displace Lui. Lui is 21 years old and 30 games into his first grade career, it is simply unrealistic for people to expect him to play well every week, especially considering the ordinary go forward being provided by the Tigers forwards at the moment.

Again, take a look at the Raiders game several week ago, the forwards went forward really well and Farah, Marshall and Lui all had very strong games because they had room to move and time with the ball in hand. Now take a look at the last couple of weeks where the go forward has suffered and the team is playing far too laterally...It's not rocket science although quite a few on here seem oblivious to the fact that halves don't shine unless the forwards all aim up and get the job done.

Again, take a look at how many teams can win a game of football by making 17 errors and finish with a completion rate of 61%.
Yeah he got a good point Watto Lewis could be the same at times as well (meaning only playing 4 10-15 minutes each game)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:47 am

Facts champion not pot shots at all and sundry

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:56 am

willow wrote:I'm not sure what issues are running through the Tigers camp at the moment but when they are sorted out, Marshall will be the spearhead to take the Tigers to the next level.
I'm 100% behind this statement... In no way would I get rid of Marshall, I just feel he needs a big wake-up call and told straight to

1. Stay out of off field matters
2. Stop over playing his hand through selfish football.

Marshall will win us a premiership, if the 'Team' can get him there!