Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
bigdamo

Re: Lui

Post by bigdamo » Sat 21 May, 2011 10:19 pm

he looked like a park footy player just awful although he had some mates

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 21 May, 2011 10:43 pm

So Tiger05, in your opinion does your messiah Moltzen go to half next week or is he still our future in the #1?

Posted using RoarFEED
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 21 May, 2011 10:48 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:So Tiger05, in your opinion does your messiah Moltzen go to half next week or is he still our future in the #1?

Posted using RoarFEED
This isn't about Moltzen its about Lui. His performance tonight was woeful.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 May, 2011 10:53 pm

Defensively horrible at times tonight Attack was not great either but I don't think at times it would be easy being the 7 in this side . Last week Farah looked like at times he was playing for Origin and this week they did not gel . He still has it but our go forward needs to improve . Suppose that will happen when we don't have 17 turnovers in a game

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 21 May, 2011 10:54 pm

He was not up to standard tonight.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 May, 2011 11:13 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:So Tiger05, in your opinion does your messiah Moltzen go to half next week or is he still our future in the #1?

Posted using RoarFEED
I do have one question CB If Lui is still playing as bad as he has last 2 weeks in a months time 'what then ???

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sat 21 May, 2011 11:23 pm

Have a bad game, worst player ever, Miller new halfback etc.

Geez, I'm sure Joey Johns or Wally Lewis had some shockers in their day too. It happens.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 21 May, 2011 11:41 pm

Ididnt like his defence to-night as he was grabbing @ them & it makes you look bad. but he wasnt the only ordinary player out there to-night.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 21 May, 2011 11:47 pm

tiger05 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
tiger05 wrote:Has there ever been a worse performance by a tigers half ? I am not sure if Johnny "murder the overlap" Morris ever put in a shocker like that.

Will he do it again ? Is he really the best half option for our club ?
Haha youve been sweating for a bad one from him

Easier to look at who was OK from our team out there tonite, they were in the minority
No - I've been impressed with him up to tonight. I think that was the worst performance by a Tigers halfback I have ever seen.
1 try assist, 1 grubber kick resulting in a line drop out, 20 tackles and he missed 2 tackles, one of which the Panthers scored from. Not a great game by any means but far from the dribble you are trying to make it out to be. I've seen plenty of performances worse than that from previous Tigers halfbacks.

Kul

Post by Kul » Sat 21 May, 2011 11:51 pm

Haha this thread is a classic. Lui has a poor (not bad) and the usual suspects react by trying to drag moltz into it as cover!

Lol

Could see this coming from a mile away!

Posted using RoarFEED
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sat 21 May, 2011 11:53 pm

Kul wrote:Haha this thread is a classic. Lui has a poor (not bad) and the usual suspects react by trying to drag moltz into it as cover!

Lol

Could see this coming from a mile away!

Posted using RoarFEED
But you are in the moltz 7 fan club kul :lol:
Number 1 souffs hater

Post by 851 » Sun 22 May, 2011 12:04 am

Lui was shocking,his handling his defence is ordinary,I said 2 weeks back,Miller is our future,anyone who watched the TC today,or any week for that matter would know this.
He is aggressive in defence,his options in attack are usually spot on,he should be given the 7 jumper,Lui is playing on last years cred,his defence is worse than Sandow's,his option taking and hands are poor,and his fitness looks below NRL level.
Go hard or go home

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 22 May, 2011 12:29 am

Kul, I'm merely pre-empting the typical knee jerk reactions to a bad performance. I'll concede he didn't set the world on fire but he wasn't woeful as some have us believe.

Generally the Moltzen brigade come out in force when Lui puts in an ordinary performance.

Posted using RoarFEED
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Sun 22 May, 2011 12:40 am

That touch finder that gained about ten metres was a shocker.

crystalpink74

Post by crystalpink74 » Sun 22 May, 2011 2:18 am

Good on you Willow. Was at the game & watching it again now, Yes i agree that Lui didn't have a good game BUT DAMN let's face it there is definetly something up with our boys in general. I'm so over the whole LUI v's MOLTZEN crap, get over it!!!! They're both in our team & both ONLY 21, give em a break. They BOTH have ALOT to learn & lets leave it at that. Sorry guys for going on but 1 player alone doesn't win or lose a game.(Except for Ennis, Origin 3, 2010, hehehe).

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 22 May, 2011 2:50 am

TigersFan4Life wrote:That touch finder that gained about ten metres was a shocker.
Benji put in a similar kick. Lets really disrupt the halves that got us within a penalty of the g/f and sack them both. farah half and moltz 5/8???

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 22 May, 2011 7:40 am

tiger05 wrote:Has there ever been a worse performance by a tigers half ? I am not sure if Johnny "murder the overlap" Morris ever put in a shocker like that.

I think you may need to go back and watch some John Morris at half games....

The bulk of the side was out of sorts last night, bit rough to target just 1 guy.

Who is the best option for half?

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 22 May, 2011 8:05 am

Tigerdave wrote:

I think you may need to go back and watch some John Morris at half games....

The bulk of the side was out of sorts last night, bit rough to target just 1 guy.

Who is the best option for half?
I couldn't stand Morris at 7 but Lui last night took it to a new level. There was a point where I was saying just don't give him the ball. They did and sure enough he dropped it.

I still think he is the best option at half. Moltzen could be an option but we haven't seen him there in ages so I don't want to go down that path. Miller looks a gun but I think he needs a lot more time before being given another chance.

I suppose I'd stick with Lui but if that continues you'd have to think that Moltzen or Miller would need to come into the team.

I started the thread in frustration with his performance not looking for another option.