Lui

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm Saturday 21 May
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
willow

Re: Lui

Post by willow » Sun 22 May, 2011 4:39 pm

This crap has gone on long enough. The nit picking and pot shots at one another ends now or there will be more than one person going on mod preview. Agree to disagree and move on or debate the issue like civil adults. This childish garbage is not what this forum is about.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 22 May, 2011 6:01 pm

willow wrote:This crap has gone on long enough. The nit picking and pot shots at one another ends now or there will be more than one person going on mod preview. Agree to disagree and move on or debate the issue like civil adults. This childish garbage is not what this forum is about.
x2
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Post by 851 » Sun 22 May, 2011 6:19 pm

Lui has had more than a couple of shockers in his 6 odd games this year,it is time to give him a wake up call and drop him for Miller,Lui has had a free ride for too long.
Go hard or go home

Nix

Post by Nix » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:54 pm

851 wrote:Lui has had more than a couple of shockers in his 6 odd games this year,it is time to give him a wake up call and drop him for Miller,Lui has had a free ride for too long.
Ditto.

And more than a few last year also.

Nix

Post by Nix » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:59 pm

tiger05 wrote:I couldn't stand Morris at 7 but Lui last night took it to a new level. There was a point where I was saying just don't give him the ball. They did and sure enough he dropped it.
Not so much saying don't give him the ball as an absolute fear of him getting the ball as time and time again he'd stuff it up.

He seems to think he's the next Benji but when it comes down to it he's nowhere near that caliber.

Nix

Post by Nix » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:08 pm

willow wrote:This crap has gone on long enough. The nit picking and pot shots at one another ends now or there will be more than one person going on mod preview. Agree to disagree and move on or debate the issue like civil adults. This childish garbage is not what this forum is about.
I agree with what you are saying but the last line surprises me as that seems to be what most threads I've ever read seem to descend into. Opinionated viewpoints and slurs about people's mental state / perception of the game / whether someone was watching the same game etc etc.

Sounds like a bunch of whingeing old men who never made it anywhere in their own football career but now feel they are the be all and end all of coaching gurus.

P.S Apologies if I broke forum rules by posting 3 times in a row, I was being too lazy to cut and paste to quote 3 separate posts.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 10:34 pm

Nix wrote:
I agree with what you are saying but the last line surprises me as that seems to be what most threads I've ever read seem to descend into. Opinionated viewpoints and slurs about people's mental state / perception of the game / whether someone was watching the same game etc etc.

Sounds like a bunch of whingeing old men who never made it anywhere in their own football career but now feel they are the be all and end all of coaching gurus.

P.S Apologies if I broke forum rules by posting 3 times in a row, I was being too lazy to cut and paste to quote 3 separate posts.
Slightly confused Nix , aren't you doing exactly what you have accused others of doing by saying that some on here "a bunch of old men who never made it anywhere in their own football career but now feel they are the be all and end all of all coaching gurus" . I'm betting that if each coach in the NRL was able to coach the Tigers that they would have different opinions on
1 How the team played
2 Who was selected
3 Who should be signed for the future
4 Where the players and team could improve
No Different from what happens on the forum . Some do take it too far but lets hope that is their passion for the teamtaking over

Nix

Post by Nix » Sun 22 May, 2011 11:11 pm

That's why I said I was surprised, I thought the forum was for the sole purpose of bagging players and other forum members That's why I joined.

Seriously though, yes I guess I'm guilty of what I'm accusing others of, but it was more about making the point than banging on about the same old stuff over and over and over and....

Otherwise we'll start to sound like Des Hasler and the bloody Manly Fan's about the whole Brett Stewart thing or the fact that Storm ripped them off in the 2008 grand final. :deadhorse:

Manly Club and Supporters - It's 2011, GET OVER IT, LIVE IN THE NOW.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:52 pm

I think Lui had a stinker on the weekend and was also very bad against the rabbits, conversly he was outstanding against the raiders.

As I have been saying all year, there are alot of forumers who have been singing Lui's praises (mainly to justify the choice between him and MOltzen) but Lui is a long way from the finished product and needs to work that way.

Our 5th tackle options have been atrocious for the last 2 games, Lui and Benji have to sort this or we'll get lapped by the top teams.

people gave it to our forwards last week, and i agree they were below par, I still believe our biggest problem was finishing off our sets, when we finish our sets poorly it is very easy for a forward pack to roll through you, which happend against souths and to a lesser extent on the weekend.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:57 pm

king sirro wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:I agree with you stryker but unlike some ning nongs on here i wont say people have no idea if they dont agree with us.

Thas basically just what u said, u just found another way to say it
Wake up sirro.....Im saying i agreed with stryker im not saying anyones right or wrong or has no idea.

If i meant it i would say it fullstop.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 May, 2011 2:06 pm

Goose wrote:I think Lui had a stinker on the weekend and was also very bad against the rabbits, conversly he was outstanding against the raiders.

As I have been saying all year, there are alot of forumers who have been singing Lui's praises (mainly to justify the choice between him and MOltzen) but Lui is a long way from the finished product and needs to work that way.

Our 5th tackle options have been atrocious for the last 2 games, Lui and Benji have to sort this or we'll get lapped by the top teams.

people gave it to our forwards last week, and i agree they were below par, I still believe our biggest problem was finishing off our sets, when we finish our sets poorly it is very easy for a forward pack to roll through you, which happend against souths and to a lesser extent on the weekend.
Nailed it Goose Kicking game is crucial to your whole game Look at the raiders games it was spot on and we belted them . Look what teams have the best kickers in NRL . Soward , Lockyer , Cronk and Smith , Thurston No coincidence I reckon to where they are on the table . Your defence relies upon a good kicking game to keep the opposition out of good field position and If you are attacking from your own 15 metre line every set especially against the guns sides you won't win . Saints semi last year Why did we never get field position in the 2nd half . Because we were kicked off the park by Saints .

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 23 May, 2011 2:25 pm

Kicking has always been a problem for us over the past 4 years... Lui, Farah & Marshall all have a good kicking game, and it should be put to better use if we want to be competitive.

For those ripping Lui and praising Marshall, here are some interesting stats from the game:

Lui - 3 Errors; 1 Ineffective Tackle; 2 Missed Tackles; 21 Tackles; 1 Try Assists.
Marshall - 2 Errors; 1 Ineffective Tackle; 5 Missed Tackles; 10 Tackles; 0 Try Assists.

Add to that the silly options Marshall takes that dont get recorded as errors, the team needs to settle down and allow Lui to control the ruck with Farah. And if the timing is right, then provide Marshall with clean ball to do his dancing or simply put in a solid kick to control some good field possession...

The Tigers will win games if we play controlled smart football!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 23 May, 2011 5:17 pm

tiger4ever wrote:
king sirro wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:I agree with you stryker but unlike some ning nongs on here i wont say people have no idea if they dont agree with us.

Thas basically just what u said, u just found another way to say it
Wake up sirro.....Im saying i agreed with stryker im not saying anyones right or wrong or has no idea.

If i meant it i would say it fullstop.

Im awake, thats why i noticed u said u wont say anyone who doesnt agree with u has no idea, but at the same time, called those people "ning nongs" which in effect, is saying they have no idea....get it? Just another way to say it mate.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 23 May, 2011 5:23 pm

No mate i meant ning nongs for saying people have no idea which is something i never say.... that what i meant.

I give my opinion but never ever say anyone hasnt got a clue or im right or wrong and you can look at any post i have ever put on here.I disagree and put my reason why but have never put people down or insulted them unless they throw one in my direction.

Sirro does that clear it up my old mate. ;)

you know who

Post by you know who » Wed 25 May, 2011 3:14 pm

Lui didnt play well at all, he dropped the ball and missed tackles as well. But Miller isnt ready yet for the rigurs of first grade either hes just out of school. He is a good player though. We have enough young players in our side that dont play consistant enough as it is. We have Fifita, Lui, Woods, Dwyer and Ben Murdoch Masila, none of them have played more than a full season in the top grade and it usually takes more than 50 games to perform consistantly in the top grade, what are your thoughts on this??? i bet we have some of the best up and coming young players int he competition.

neilo05

Post by neilo05 » Wed 25 May, 2011 7:08 pm

Timmy Moltzen is our half back. I like Lui's game but there is no doubt that Benji and Moltzen work the best. Would hate to be Sheens each week as we don't want to loose either player and both are half forget Moltzen as fullback or centre.

Posted using RoarFEED