Two things I thought of/noticed

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm Saturday 21 May
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
underdog

Re: Two things I thought of/noticed

Post by underdog » Sun 22 May, 2011 2:43 pm

Boyd did it with about 35 seconds on the clock. It felt like an eternity sitting there with a dragons supporter going off his nut right in my ear...

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 22 May, 2011 5:34 pm

underdog wrote:Boyd did it with about 35 seconds on the clock. It felt like an eternity sitting there with a dragons supporter going off his nut right in my ear...
Didn't think it was that long, either way my point stands, Boyd was doing it to defuse the situation, not to run the clock down. In the 20th minute, if in the same situation, Boyd probably runs that ball dead, but nobody 20 minutes in, picks the ball up and runs backwards 20m to force a dropout. It would've been a bad look and a cowardly play.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 May, 2011 6:06 pm

The thing is if we just hit it up safely for 5 and then belt it downfield till fulltime then this thread isnt here, its only due to a ridiculous overhead pass in front of our stick that was close to intercepted.

There plenty of experience out there, but theres no old heads settling things down when they need to be, guys like Ben galea and O'Neill were good in this regard

Maybe the youthful risky exuberence of our rookies is rubbing off on the older guys, when it should be the other way around