Team harmony in question?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm Saturday 21 May
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
fergiefurr

Re: Team harmony in question?

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 22 May, 2011 12:32 pm

Fittler and Gould eluded to knowing something was wrong in tigertown on the roast but wouldn't say what it is

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 22 May, 2011 3:09 pm

LCA wrote:After sitting through last weeks debacle against Souths and now the worst win I have ever witnessed by our team, there is something obviously wrong at the momet. Players looked grumpy, sooking and disinterested out there tonight and I fear there has been a major falling out within the team or club or both. There can be no other reason to explain these last 2 games. Some of those blokes are not putting in and, so far as I could see, it has nothing to do with injury. The "brotherly love" seems to have disappeared. Why did Liam Fulton lead the team out? Why did Bryce Gibbs race straight off the park at the end of the game. Post match interviews of Fulton and Farah were flat and downcast. There is more than a whiff of unhappiness surrounding this squad at the moment and, unless it is sorted out within the next 48hrs, Saints will score 80+ points on us next week.
You may well be right LCA. The fact that Sheens said that "this team needs to grow up and wake up" in his post match rant could mean that something's up behind the scenes.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

taco tiger

Post by taco tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 4:21 pm

Did anybody hear Fittler say on the Sunday Roast.."they look like they've got something on their minds.." and Gould added .. "I know what it is you're talking about"..

It got me thinking that their is some weirdness going on behind the scenes.. hopefully nothing serious,..

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 22 May, 2011 4:46 pm

What really irks me is how unprofessional some of our players are off the field.

Its disappointing that our captain is constantly on Twitter having immature conversations with other players Gibbs etc, Beau Ryan out-doing himself on the Footy show with Heigho in tow, and Flanagan joining in on the parade.

I mean, its fine to have interests and enjoy stuff away from footy, but this is mid season, they have said they were also committed to go one step further this year, but to me they aren't showing that commitment, rather, the distractions seem more important.

You don't see teams like St George or the Storm who have players doing such things, they are all completely focused and professional

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 22 May, 2011 4:59 pm

Would it be that they think Blair is coming and getting big big bucks and some of the old 05 guys are being moved on ,they are very close these guys to make room for Blair . if thats the case theres a bit of jealousy i hope not because the team comes first

taco tiger

Post by taco tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 5:04 pm

that sounds more than plausible... especially if he is on substantial coin..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 5:08 pm

But they are pros and that should not be affecting their performances Actions speak louder than words . And last nights action said a lot of things . None of which were good

Tommy Tiger

Post by Tommy Tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 5:12 pm

Whatever the issues is must be resolved asap !!! This is a joke !!!

Posted using RoarFEED

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 22 May, 2011 5:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:But they are pros and that should not be affecting their performances Actions speak louder than words . And last nights action said a lot of things . None of which were good
I was there last night and I go to at least 20 games a year and have done for 7 years or more. I saw things pre-game, during the game and post-game that I have never seen before. I can't put it down to anything other than the content of my original post. I hope I am wrong and I will be glad to be proved wrong by a more Tigers-like TEAM effort next week and over the remainder of the year.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 22 May, 2011 5:26 pm

here's one from left field.
could it be that some players are annoyed that Gareth was allowed to go home to england, instead of having to turn up training?
maybe its time to sit down and sort it out with coach and management, over a bbq.
let people speak their mind, and get on with working together to give wests-tigers possible chance of winning the comp.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 22 May, 2011 6:37 pm

Could be any of the reasons mentioned above or something completely different, but whatever it is Sheens is right, they need to grow up and start behaving like adults, instead of petulant schoolboys.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 22 May, 2011 8:02 pm

As everyone would have heard Sheens was very annoyed last night during the post match interview and made a comment about team selection for next week based on the poor performance last night, not sure he has much room to move.

Swanny

Post by Swanny » Sun 22 May, 2011 8:07 pm

I think they are just playing like crap i don't know why, but i don't think any of the players have any problems. Marshall has a big impact on our team and he was as happy as ever when Blake crossed for that first try. They played harder this week but they couldn't complete a set, I don't think there is any more to it than a playing slump.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 22 May, 2011 8:16 pm

Interesting at the members day today, all of the players were very friendly and obliging. I thought Sheens wasn't there as I didn't see him until towards the end of the function when he appeared for a few seconds then went into the back of the grandstand. He might be taking the last two weeks to heart and didn't want to be part of the day. I only suggest this because the last members day I went to at Concord he was up there with all the players and prominent and did a good job I thought. IF I am right I say, come on Tim give it to 'em lead from the front and set the example of a positive approach to turn this around.

balmainbenny

Post by balmainbenny » Sun 22 May, 2011 8:35 pm

Two word solution..................CAMP KIAMA

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:10 pm

The Buck stops with the coach to put structure and discipline into their game.

The coach is responsible for the teams performance. No one else. He is at fault. He must fix this problem. Its his job.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:30 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:The Buck stops with the coach to put structure and discipline into their game.

The coach is responsible for the teams performance. No one else. He is at fault. He must fix this problem. Its his job.
Bug if they can't get themselves up this week without any help they have some big issues and I will agree with you Sheens should have no issues for not getting them up this week . Playing the premiers and the team that knocked us out of the semis we should show up ready for war .

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:43 pm

We need AGGRESSION !!!! We need to hit hard !!!
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.