Team harmony in question?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm Saturday 21 May
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Mrs T

Re: Team harmony in question?

Post by Mrs T » Sun 22 May, 2011 9:47 pm

cunno wrote:Interesting at the members day today, all of the players were very friendly and obliging. I thought Sheens wasn't there as I didn't see him until towards the end of the function when he appeared for a few seconds then went into the back of the grandstand. He might be taking the last two weeks to heart and didn't want to be part of the day. I only suggest this because the last members day I went to at Concord he was up there with all the players and prominent and did a good job I thought. IF I am right I say, come on Tim give it to 'em lead from the front and set the example of a positive approach to turn this around.
Hi Cunno, Sheens was just outside the tunnel posing for photos with fans for about an hour.

Did you do the dressing room tour?

alien

Post by alien » Mon 23 May, 2011 2:18 am

Balmain Bug wrote:The Buck stops with the coach to put structure and discipline into their game.

The coach is responsible for the teams performance. No one else. He is at fault. He must fix this problem. Its his job.
the players are responsible too

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 23 May, 2011 6:52 am

Mrs T wrote:
cunno wrote:Interesting at the members day today, all of the players were very friendly and obliging. I thought Sheens wasn't there as I didn't see him until towards the end of the function when he appeared for a few seconds then went into the back of the grandstand. He might be taking the last two weeks to heart and didn't want to be part of the day. I only suggest this because the last members day I went to at Concord he was up there with all the players and prominent and did a good job I thought. IF I am right I say, come on Tim give it to 'em lead from the front and set the example of a positive approach to turn this around.
Hi Cunno, Sheens was just outside the tunnel posing for photos with fans for about an hour.

Did you do the dressing room tour?
I arrived about 11.20am so I may have missed him then otherwise the only time I saw him was when i lined up to do the dressing room tour, it was the last tour and that's when he stuck his head out of a door at the back of the stand for a few seconds. Otherwise he could have been having shots taken while I was lined up waiting for autographs (which took most of the day).

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 23 May, 2011 7:32 am

alien wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:The Buck stops with the coach to put structure and discipline into their game.

The coach is responsible for the teams performance. No one else. He is at fault. He must fix this problem. Its his job.
I agree with bug. It's the coaches issue if it's the whole squad. He even tried to bring Danny geale in this week and it didn't reverse the issue.

If it's a handful of players, then it's the players issues.... But if it's the whole squad. It's the coach.

It's a shame that 4 of our most professional players who would suck it up are on the sideline. I'm even thinking Beau should be back in the team to add some heart.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 23 May, 2011 7:48 am

Benji's reply to the question as to why he threw the pass that was nearly intercepted on our goal line with 20 secs suggest there is an issue in the camp...He showed no remorse for what was a blindly stupid pass....He did this knowing that Sheens and everyone else would bag or question the pass..he was openly defiant to any suggestion it was a stupid thing to do in a way defensive..smells suspiciously sus...

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 23 May, 2011 10:38 am

I agree we need to go on camp again as when they do that they perform really well, but i guess hes trying to hold that card up his sleeve until later i guess. Last year when we went into camp we performed really well for many games after that.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Mon 23 May, 2011 12:14 pm

alexaki wrote:Benji's reply to the question as to why he threw the pass that was nearly intercepted on our goal line with 20 secs suggest there is an issue in the camp...He showed no remorse for what was a blindly stupid pass....He did this knowing that Sheens and everyone else would bag or question the pass..he was openly defiant to any suggestion it was a stupid thing to do in a way defensive..smells suspiciously sus...
Any player with the calibre of Marshall that would instinctively throw a pass like that would defend his own action. He threw it because he genuinely saw an opportunity with space out wide, of course he won't say it was a stupid thing to do.

I think we're looking into it just abit much, though I think there are issues. It just looks like it more because Marshall sometimes is emotionless and looks peeved, but I think it's his way of showing his composure and agression

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 23 May, 2011 12:24 pm

ragedmachine wrote:
alexaki wrote:Benji's reply to the question as to why he threw the pass that was nearly intercepted on our goal line with 20 secs suggest there is an issue in the camp...He showed no remorse for what was a blindly stupid pass....He did this knowing that Sheens and everyone else would bag or question the pass..he was openly defiant to any suggestion it was a stupid thing to do in a way defensive..smells suspiciously sus...
Any player with the calibre of Marshall that would instinctively throw a pass like that would defend his own action. He threw it because he genuinely saw an opportunity with space out wide, of course he won't say it was a stupid thing to do.

I think we're looking into it just abit much, though I think there are issues. It just looks like it more because Marshall sometimes is emotionless and looks peeved, but I think it's his way of showing his composure and agression
I think he knew it was stupid and got his back up - any player of his calibre or experience would NOT throw the pass,
The game was won with a few seconds to go - even junior footballers know to run the clock down and not try anything fancy when the game is that close to ending.
It's in his nature - sometimes he is amazingly good - sometimes amazingly dreadful,

Post by 851 » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:05 pm

The tele say's Benji is peeved that his mate Moltzen is being offered around other clubs,that is the problem.
Go hard or go home

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:12 pm

I am far more concerned that we sem to start our warm up 5 - 10 minutes before other teams make an appearance and finish about 5 minutes after they are done. Seems like a very long warm up every week

DavidDuncan

Post by DavidDuncan » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:16 pm

cktiger wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:

I think he knew it was stupid and got his back up - any player of his calibre or experience would NOT throw the pass,
The game was won with a few seconds to go - even junior footballers know to run the clock down and not try anything fancy when the game is that close to ending.
It's in his nature - sometimes he is amazingly good - sometimes amazingly dreadful,
Marshall just doesn't seem to have an awareness of the game. By that I mean, the score, time left on clock, tackle count.

Farah was very unhappy at the end of the game (threw the ball away in disgust after the final tackle) and seemed to question Marshall about what he was trying to do. Marshall just seemed to shrug it off with a "well we won didn't we" kind of look.

I was almost in the market for a new TV after I saw him throw that pass on Saturday night.
Remember the past. Live in the now. Plan for the future.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:20 pm

smeghead wrote:I am far more concerned that we sem to start our warm up 5 - 10 minutes before other teams make an appearance and finish about 5 minutes after they are done. Seems like a very long warm up every week

I remember one time last year we did that against the roosters in what seemed like a very hot summers day and we got smashed.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:36 pm

DavidDuncan wrote:
cktiger wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:

Marshall just doesn't seem to have an awareness of the game. By that I mean, the score, time left on clock, tackle count.

Farah was very unhappy at the end of the game (threw the ball away in disgust after the final tackle) and seemed to question Marshall about what he was trying to do. Marshall just seemed to shrug it off with a "well we won didn't we" kind of look.

I was almost in the market for a new TV after I saw him throw that pass on Saturday night.
He was questioned after the game by channel 9 and he said "if the pass hits Ayshford we win by eight "

DavidDuncan

Post by DavidDuncan » Mon 23 May, 2011 1:48 pm

Great

And if it was intercepted we lose by 4.

I turned TV off pretty much straight after the full time siren, I was that unhappy with the win.
Remember the past. Live in the now. Plan for the future.

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Mon 23 May, 2011 2:29 pm

Bug your obsession with Sheens and that everything from how we play to just about anything re the club is his fault is becoming a joke. Mate did he do you wrong in another life or something. it is getting boring. Ed of rant :roll:

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 23 May, 2011 8:35 pm

Benji is under pressure as well at the moment, it wouldn't be easy having a Court matter hanging over your head regardless of who was in the right and who was in the wrong, it is something that would be in the back of his mind all the time I am guessing and I suspect he will be all the better once it is over and done with.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 23 May, 2011 8:39 pm

smeghead wrote:I am far more concerned that we sem to start our warm up 5 - 10 minutes before other teams make an appearance and finish about 5 minutes after they are done. Seems like a very long warm up every week

This has been going on for years....Always wondered why
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

alien

Post by alien » Mon 23 May, 2011 10:14 pm

hammertime wrote:
alien wrote:

I agree with bug. It's the coaches issue if it's the whole squad. He even tried to bring Danny geale in this week and it didn't reverse the issue.

If it's a handful of players, then it's the players issues.... But if it's the whole squad. It's the coach.

It's a shame that 4 of our most professional players who would suck it up are on the sideline. I'm even thinking Beau should be back in the team to add some heart.
is it really the whole squad though :?: :?: :?: