We could have won, easily!

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
gazroc

Re: We could have won, easily!

Post by gazroc » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:22 am

Does anybody remember how Mitch Brown at fullback at the back end of last year? If I remember right he blitz it. Put Brown at fullback, keep moltzen in the centres until lawrence is right to come back, bring in Miller to half and drop lui to the bench to cover Farah, Miller and Marshall. Farah has a groin problem similar to a hernia condition, it has affected his kicking game and decision making. When Lawrence comes back I would move moltzen to the bench and rotate him with Farah and move lui to park football for a while.

alien

Post by alien » Tue 31 May, 2011 1:28 am

tiger05 wrote: I agree with that to an extent. McKinnon is the perfect fullback but he lacks pace and jumping ability. He'd make a great reserve grader or maybe in the ESL.

We need a better option and the best that I can see at the moment is Moltzen. Yes he needs to improve but he has the ability to be a weapon and we need more of them in our backline.
no offense mate but you are seriously deluded.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 31 May, 2011 8:09 am

alien wrote:
tiger05 wrote: I agree with that to an extent. McKinnon is the perfect fullback but he lacks pace and jumping ability. He'd make a great reserve grader or maybe in the ESL.

We need a better option and the best that I can see at the moment is Moltzen. Yes he needs to improve but he has the ability to be a weapon and we need more of them in our backline.
It seems to be more than me now.

I predict in a pretty short time there will be more and more on the Moltz for 1 bandwagon. It sounds like Sheensy, Benji and the Moltz man himself are on it and I can't help noticing more and more posters are also getting on board.

that_guy

Post by that_guy » Tue 31 May, 2011 8:34 am

alien wrote:

You do realise that Moltzen WILL stay fullback next year, and he WILL improve. I just hope that when he does, all you blokes can realise how unfair you were initially. But then again the cynical nature of half the blokes on this forum would probably just start bagging another bloke who don't deserve it.

Tiger05, you are one of the few who will be able to say that you were on board from the start

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:11 am

alien wrote:

He is nothing but a troll, best ignored.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:16 am

that_guy wrote:Tiger05, you are one of the few who will be able to say that you were on board from the start
Thats right but I'm in a select company. Who would you rather be with - a bunch of pathetic losers who hate Moltzen because he is better looking than them and mates with Benji or be in the smart crew - Sheensy, Benji, Moltz and the gang (including yourself).

Good times are coming. Good times.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:20 am

tiger05 wrote:
alien wrote:

It seems to be more than me now.

I predict in a pretty short time there will be more and more on the Moltz for 1 bandwagon. It sounds like Sheensy, Benji and the Moltz man himself are on it and I can't help noticing more and more posters are also getting on board.
If we were to sign Darius Boyd , Lance Hohaia , Dale Copley would you still want Moltzen at fullback ??

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:23 am

that_guy wrote:
alien wrote:

You do realise that Moltzen WILL stay fullback next year, and he WILL improve. I just hope that when he does, all you blokes can realise how unfair you were initially. But then again the cynical nature of half the blokes on this forum would probably just start bagging another bloke who don't deserve it.

Tiger05, you are one of the few who will be able to say that you were on board from the start
That's a fair enough point TG, but riddle me this: why the hell are they persevering with him there currently when 1.> we have a far better prospect in the role in Brown and 2.> he clearly doesn't have the defensive skill set to be a fullback in the top flight grade.

I don't want to speak for everyone here, but I would like to think that no one hates Moltzen. We want the team to do well and we want him to do well. He is clearly struggling in the role when he plays there. If he improves his game overnight and plays like Boyd or Slater for the rest of the year I will be ecstatic. He has shown the same promise in attack when he plays at FB, but his work off the ball is woeful.

But he has shown absolutely no development in the role and he has had a number of games there. Whether thats because Sheens has him training as a stopgap in the back line every week I don't know. But what I do know is that with our first choice fullback off next year to chase retirement money, Sheens needs to sort out the fullback succession plan and make sure they have time to develop. I expect there will not be one, and Moltzen will get absolutely no support and will be thrown to the wolves next year and I fear his confidence may never recover.

What irks me is that people on here want to shoot their mouths off about Lui not being ripe after twenty something FG games at halfback yet they want to offer those concessions to Moltzen.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:48 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
that_guy wrote:
alien wrote:

That's a fair enough point TG, but riddle me this: why the hell are they persevering with him there currently when 1.> we have a far better prospect in the role in Brown and 2.> he clearly doesn't have the defensive skill set to be a fullback in the top flight grade.

I don't want to speak for everyone here, but I would like to think that no one hates Moltzen. We want the team to do well and we want him to do well. He is clearly struggling in the role when he plays there. If he improves his game overnight and plays like Boyd or Slater for the rest of the year I will be ecstatic. He has shown the same promise in attack when he plays at FB, but his work off the ball is woeful.

But he has shown absolutely no development in the role and he has had a number of games there. Whether thats because Sheens has him training as a stopgap in the back line every week I don't know. But what I do know is that with our first choice fullback off next year to chase retirement money, Sheens needs to sort out the fullback succession plan and make sure they have time to develop. I expect there will not be one, and Moltzen will get absolutely no support and will be thrown to the wolves next year and I fear his confidence may never recover.

What irks me is that people on here want to shoot their mouths off about Lui not being ripe after twenty something FG games at halfback yet they want to offer those concessions to Moltzen.
To be fair Cultured -Moltzen has had a lot less games at fullback than Lui has had at half.
I am one who doesn't like Lui at half - but I base it on his performances and don't say get rid of him because he's a coward , physically weak , only there because of Marshall etc
Some of the posters on here (and I'm not including you in this group) want to remember they are (supposedly) Tigers supporters.
You can bet if they met him face to face and had the chance to call him spineless we would soon see who the REAL cowards were.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:53 am

that_guy wrote:
alien wrote:

Guys what I would like you to do for me is do a list of tasks that the fullback does every game and then list them in order of importance . What I think you guys don't understand is attack comes after most the things the Moltzen is not good at ,at fullback .
I think you guys look at Boyd , Slater , Hayne , Dugan etc and think because they are fast that what makes a good fullback . But these guys are good at the basics .Positional , reading the game ,high balls ,defensive , ball running . Speed is about 6th or 7th on the list . .
Really getting annoyed at being told I hate Moltzen . I have as much compassion for the guy as anyone on this forum as I am the very end of almost 8 months of crap with an ACL reco myself . I hope he makes it at fullback myself as we apart from Brown we haven't got much in the cupboard at fullback . With some skills at fullback I think you are born to it as most things you do at fullback have to be instinctive . As I like to say time will tell ....

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 31 May, 2011 10:19 am

cktiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
that_guy wrote:

To be fair Cultured -Moltzen has had a lot less games at fullback than Lui has had at half.
I am one who doesn't like Lui at half - but I base it on his performances and don't say get rid of him because he's a coward , physically weak , only there because of Marshall etc
Some of the posters on here (and I'm not including you in this group) want to remember they are (supposedly) Tigers supporters.
You can bet if they met him face to face and had the chance to call him spineless we would soon see who the REAL cowards were.
I agree with you CK. I don't mind anyone who criticises a player, but as long as it is logical and fair. Anyone who resorts to calling any player a cat or a coward are generally the ones who cannot critique them properly and are probably just towing popular opinion or have an agenda.

And you're right about the games at fullback, he's had about maybe a dozen games there? I was just expressing the lack of logic in those who call for Lui's head but will back Moltzen to the hilt because for mine they're two peas in a pod at the moment.

My bottom line: If Moltzen is to be the future FB for WT, he needs the support of the coaching staff and should be given every opportunity to develop every facet of the game in that position. If it means sending Murdoch-Masila and Fifita at him every week at training so be it. If Sheens was smart, he'd be having Wade Mac work very closely with him prior to his departure.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Tue 31 May, 2011 10:53 am

Encouraging performance by the entire team, but not enough to get any real confidence for the reat of the season. I think Moltzen to full back is a pretty good move. He plays well there. Regarding on the line defence, it shouldn't be up to a full back to be the only one trying to stop a forward charging at the line from close range. I thought one blemish on his game howver was the Gasnier try, he merely reached out with outstretched arms in an attempt to push him over the line. If he drove his shoulder in, he would have sent him out easily. More committment needed from a lot of players. I thought the kicking game was better yet on ocassions the chase was slow. I also thought Marshall was much more effective in his probing runs and pass selection and Farrah showed signs of steadying the ship when needed. More improvement needed but a step in the right direction I think. Lote and Ryan (not a saviour but he won't want a taste of the bench again)back on the wings, Moltzen to fullback with Ellis and Galloway in the pack. A much more stable looking side, with Lawrence back in the next 3-4 weeks I reckon.