We could have won, easily!

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
forstertiger

Re: We could have won, easily!

Post by forstertiger » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:30 pm

Well first 2 tries were on the back of dubious penalties ESP. The shirnack one. That said I think the dragons did relax for 10 mins in the second half.

As usual if we played our first 15 mins like our last 15 they could sing the team song.

Posted using RoarFEED

forstertiger

Post by forstertiger » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:32 pm

I also agree that heigno played a huge game today

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:35 pm

Yep.

Farah went back to coming up with the wrong option too many times. Against a team like St George he cannot do that.

Anyone knocking Moltzen has no idea. He had a good game and showed why he needs to be in our squad and could make it at fullback. There is another thread on our lack of speed. Moltzen gives that to us. He needs to be in the run on team at either fullback or 7 from now on.

Post by 851 » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:41 pm

We can get the Dragons at full strength,we should have hope.
Go hard or go home

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:45 pm

851 wrote:We can get the Dragons at full strength,we should have hope.
yeah I think so too, hopefully we will actually have a full strength side in 10 weeks

matty tiepie

Post by matty tiepie » Mon 30 May, 2011 8:57 am

I agree you throw Ellis Galloway Lawrence Lote and payten in the team and it looks a hell of alot stronger. i know you cant blame innuries for a loss but geez there some great players sitting on the sidelines for the tigers!!!!

alex

Post by alex » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:14 am

We were too predictable. It was either one off stuff, run it back in around the ruck, or spread it two wide with Benji to run sideways and cut it back in to Dwyer. Get close to the line, put through a grubber. One point specifically that annoyed me was when we had those 3-4 sets within the Dragons 10, and then Farah decides to try and grubber it through when he's 1m away from the line ... if you're that close, RUN IT!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:36 am

alex wrote:One point specifically that annoyed me was when we had those 3-4 sets within the Dragons 10, and then Farah decides to try and grubber it through when he's 1m away from the line ... if you're that close, RUN IT!
Farah also tried to score on the 5th from dummy half. He can be a major hog and it is killing us. Last week he went away from that but this week it was back to the same old stuff.

His overall game is good but at the moment he does not have the ability to play rep football or lead us to a premiership. A great player who is consistently taking poor options at critical times.

If he plays like last week and passes it when we are in the opposition 20 and we have a good chance of scoring. I have no idea why he keeps doing the hog plays but it is killing us.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:48 am

tiger05 wrote:
alex wrote:One point specifically that annoyed me was when we had those 3-4 sets within the Dragons 10, and then Farah decides to try and grubber it through when he's 1m away from the line ... if you're that close, RUN IT!
Farah also tried to score on the 5th from dummy half. He can be a major hog and it is killing us. Last week he went away from that but this week it was back to the same old stuff.

His overall game is good but at the moment he does not have the ability to play rep football or lead us to a premiership. A great player who is consistently taking poor options at critical times.

If he plays like last week and passes it when we are in the opposition 20 and we have a good chance of scoring. I have no idea why he keeps doing the hog plays but it is killing us.
Thats what I'm trying to point out No one seems to have confidence in anyone else outside them Its like Farah doesn't trust Lui with his options . Lui doesn't trust men outside him . and the outside men don't have a clue what is going on It is killing us . When we finally get desperate we let it flow and things seem to happen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:51 am

tiger05 wrote:Yep.

Farah went back to coming up with the wrong option too many times. Against a team like St George he cannot do that.

Anyone knocking Moltzen has no idea. He had a good game and showed why he needs to be in our squad and could make it at fullback. There is another thread on our lack of speed. Moltzen gives that to us. He needs to be in the run on team at either fullback or 7 from now on.
That was his best game at fullback so far Tiger05 but it was no where near the standard MacKinnon sets every week If only we could do an operation where we could give Moltzens speed and hamstrings to MacKinnon = Billy Slater

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:53 am

tiger05 wrote:

Have to agree with this, Farah was poor yesterday.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:13 am

forstertiger wrote:I also agree that heigno played a huge game today

Posted using RoarFEED
I thought so. It's probably this first time in a while where he had impact with the pill in hand also. He normally gets dominated by opposition defence.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Rummo

Post by Rummo » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:25 am

Hi all

First time caller long time listener.

For mine there were two turning points in todays match.

The first before the game even started when McKinnon was ruled out - positional play at the back was vital against Soward's kicking game.

The second was the penalty for not playing the ball on the mark when the Tigers were on about halfway 3-4 tackles down. It was an instant turn around and a amassive kick in the guts for the tigers and allowed the Dragons to scoot in for two back to back tries. From then on the Dragons had control of the game.

It'll do us no end of good to have Ellis & Tuqiri back next week. Unfortunate Utai is out because it means Ryan still gets a guernsey.

With McKinnon gone we need to start breeding Brown into the fullback position for next year on a full time basis. Moltz isnt the answer, his game is perfect for #14, obviously at the moment though with the injury toll that can't happen.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:28 am

happy tiger wrote:

That was his best game at fullback so far Tiger05 but it was no where near the standard MacKinnon sets every week If only we could do an operation where we could give Moltzens speed and hamstrings to MacKinnon = Billy Slater
I agree with that to an extent. McKinnon is the perfect fullback but he lacks pace and jumping ability. He'd make a great reserve grader or maybe in the ESL.

We need a better option and the best that I can see at the moment is Moltzen. Yes he needs to improve but he has the ability to be a weapon and we need more of them in our backline.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:35 am

tiger05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I agree with that to an extent. McKinnon is the perfect fullback but he lacks pace and jumping ability. He'd make a great reserve grader or maybe in the ESL.

We need a better option and the best that I can see at the moment is Moltzen. Yes he needs to improve but he has the ability to be a weapon and we need more of them in our backline.
The only thing Moltzen has on McKinnon at the moment is speed. McKinnon has better support play, is safer under the high ball and more importantly puts his body on the line. McKinnon makes consistently more metres at fullback than Moltzen also. Moltzen showed some signs in attack yesterday, but defensively he is woeful back there. The first thing he needs to do is attack the football instead of letting it bounce and hoping a winger will do the work for him.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:43 am

I just saw the highlights and if Moltzen had put his body on the line (not just his arms making a shove and head tilted back) at Gasnier's try in the corner, Gaz wouldn't have scored. That's the difference.

I'm afraid it's the amateurish defense and maturity that let's us down. We could have won easily but our continual weak mental game always crawls back.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:45 am

:D I think we may have turned the corner with this game against the Dragons. For the most part we played with plenty of confidence, however errors did creep in towards the end. For me we don't have a lot of speedsters in our team, so when Lote and Chris L return that will fix that problem a little, and hopefully we can fix the FULLBACK issue soon, even though McKinnon is a excellent f/b, he doesn't have much speed, I still don't think Moltzen is the answer, but I would like to see him in the team somewhere, GOOD WORK TIGERS :sign:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:57 am

willow wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

The only thing Moltzen has on McKinnon at the moment is speed. McKinnon has better support play, is safer under the high ball and more importantly puts his body on the line. McKinnon makes consistently more metres at fullback than Moltzen also. Moltzen showed some signs in attack yesterday, but defensively he is woeful back there. The first thing he needs to do is attack the football instead of letting it bounce and hoping a winger will do the work for him.
Speed and hamstrings Willow