Gasnier try

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Suzie-Q

Re: Gasnier try

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:50 pm

Spartan117 wrote:If only he played like that last Wednesday whilst in blue.

He ripped it today - All class.
Maybe if our defenders had chopped him down like the maroons did, he would have played like he did in SOO ...

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:59 pm

steve-o wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
steve-o wrote:that try reminded me of the game where gasnier rang rings around elford :brick:
Yeah me too ...same corner too....04 I think....one of the most embarrasing efforts ive seen
i was thinking 05 but it was certainly sometime around then. elford was so far out of his depth that day.
Blake Ferguson scored the same sort of try earlier this year at Cambo. Same corner.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:22 pm

This was just a pathetic try.

A team like the Dragons simply don't let in rubbish like that. There players would not be allowed to get away with it.

Honestly the effort of our fullback for the day in that play was disgraceful for a first grader. He should be shown that and embarrassed about it. However since the same sort of thing has happened 3 or 4 times I wonder if he is held to account for these sort of half efforts??

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:53 pm

steve-o wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
steve-o wrote:that try reminded me of the game where gasnier rang rings around elford :brick:
Yeah me too ...same corner too....04 I think....one of the most embarrasing efforts ive seen
i was thinking 05 but it was certainly sometime around then. elford was so far out of his depth that day.
He destroyed us both times, 50-0 in 04 and 40-32 in 05, I think even in 06 they beat us 40-16 or something like that.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:07 pm

Eddie wrote:This was just a pathetic try.

A team like the Dragons simply don't let in rubbish like that. There players would not be allowed to get away with it.

Honestly the effort of our fullback for the day in that play was disgraceful for a first grader. He should be shown that and embarrassed about it. However since the same sort of thing has happened 3 or 4 times I wonder if he is held to account for these sort of half efforts??
He'll be held accountable alright...by getting the spot full time for 2012.

No accountability at this club and never has been, players get picked regardless of performance and it's always been that way.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:10 pm

Jazza wrote:
steve-o wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
He destroyed us both times, 50-0 in 04 and 40-32 in 05, I think even in 06 they beat us 40-16 or something like that.
haha there u go, terrible stuff. apparently gaz has spiders all over him whenever he plays us
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:18 pm

quote="Jazza"]
steve-o wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
He destroyed us both times, 50-0 in 04 and 40-32 in 05, I think even in 06 they beat us 40-16 or something like that.[/quote]
haha there u go, terrible stuff. apparently gaz has spiders all over him whenever he plays us[/quote]
Funny you mention about spiders Ricky Stuart mentioned that in 09 when Watmough played against Tigers that he had spiders all over him . Is their something in the Tigers Bios saying their fears are of spiders ???

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:32 pm

na i dont think the spider reference is specifically for the tigers i think its just a figure of speech in league when an attacking player is ripping up the defence. a couple of yrs ago when i was playing, if we ever let in any soft tries one of the trainers would always run on and say "what r u boys doin? its like hes got spiders on him. tackles him for gods sake!" so thats where i got it from
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:47 pm

steve-o wrote:na i dont think the spider reference is specifically for the tigers i think its just a figure of speech in league when an attacking player is ripping up the defence. a couple of yrs ago when i was playing, if we ever let in any soft tries one of the trainers would always run on and say "what r u boys doin? its like hes got spiders on him. tackles him for gods sake!" so thats where i got it from
Sorry Steve O was being sarcastic