SOS - half back needed

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Tiger_heart

SOS - half back needed

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:11 pm

At the risk of getting half the forum jumping on me, I can't see who our 1/2 is, if Lui then he went missing in action... yes, not the only one, and yes we can talk about playing behind beaten forwards, but for mine, he has probably played 1-2 decent games this year, consistency is not his go...

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:12 pm

i thought Lui did well...

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:13 pm

oh dear another halfback thread........at this stage lui>moltzen>miller imo
Number 1 souffs hater

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:17 pm

never seen lui play so bad today - benefit of the doubt in my case
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:24 pm

I like Lui but I have to agree he is not playing to his potential

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:36 pm

Lui was good today, I thought. Defence was solid. I wish he was a little sharper off the mark as I think he could bust the line a bit more. But, overall, I think he is going ok, (last week aside...lol).

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:39 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:oh dear another halfback thread........at this stage lui>moltzen>miller imo
I don't think so - at this stage Moltzen > Lui * 100. Miller shouldn't be considered until he is given some more time.

I still think for the team the best option is Moltzen at fullback but Lui needs to step up soon.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:41 pm

Sheens needs to get fair dinkum and bench Lui and make him the team utility. Needs to stop trying to squeeze too many defensive liabilities into one squad just because he likes to play favourites...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:43 pm

Last couple of games been very quiet. His attacking flair is missing.

Post by 851 » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:44 pm

I think,and have since pre season,Miller is the better option
Go hard or go home

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:53 pm

Both Marshall and Lui need to take on the line on and run the ball to the advantage line more, they run sideways far to much. Example of that today in the final stages Marshall has the ball ten out from the St George line, he has the defence in two minds and decides to pass to Dwyer whom wasn't expecting it and drops the ball. With Marshall's pace who should have had a go and took the defence on. He and lui don't do it enough. I am tired of watching players of their talent running sideways, backwards, in triangles every which way except forward.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:00 pm

Forget his work with the ball, his defense is killing us week in and week out. A shirt grabber, its not like he has a bad technique that needs work.

Today Utai,Moltzen and Lui costs us plenty with their lack of ability in defense and Brown and Aysford were not much better

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:02 pm

i think too much responsibility is being placed on lui

really his main focus should be on being a good link man between farah and benji, then when less pressure is put on him by the opposition he can pick his runs and give some quality short balls to a dwyer or ellis

instead he is being used as more of a main playmaker of sorts. sometimes less can be more

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:07 pm

LCA wrote:Lui was good today, I thought. Defence was solid. I wish he was a little sharper off the mark as I think he could bust the line a bit more. But, overall, I think he is going ok, (last week aside...lol).

Boy! What game were you watching? He was terrible and has been much of this year. Bite the bullet Sheens and bring in Miller. His kicking game alone is worth his inclusion. His defence can't be any worse than Lui's.

Moltzen has to go as well. No ticker at all, no speed, no defence. Scored a try from a kick and that was about it.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:09 pm

Needs to take the line on more and toughen up.
Has the skills. Needs to produce the goods.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:12 pm

gazroc wrote:Both Marshall and Lui need to take on the line on and run the ball to the advantage line more, they run sideways far to much. Example of that today in the final stages Marshall has the ball ten out from the St George line, he has the defence in two minds and decides to pass to Dwyer whom wasn't expecting it and drops the ball. With Marshall's pace who should have had a go and took the defence on. He and lui don't do it enough. I am tired of watching players of their talent running sideways, backwards, in triangles every which way except forward.
yeah but dont have the guys quick enough to run the holes ...we smashed their right hand side a few times and then it broke down cause the outside men were too far back ......

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:13 pm

You gotta love the arm grabs by Lui in all honesty has a good attacking game but in the NRL your 1/2 has to be able to defend sorry mate bye ....

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:47 pm

You cld count the number of "good"games Lui has had since his introduction to 1st grade on one hand to be honest,& even with those his defence has been a liability.He adds very little value at the moment,offering nothing more than a predictable pass to a support player.
Throw in Ryan(never will be a 1st grader),Moltzen(never will be a 1st grade outside back),Utai(defensive frailities exploited yet again)),Ayshford & Brown(both looking slow against class oppostion),& we did well to get within coeee of Dragons.These guys rarely beat a man one on one,but are constantly missing tackles themselves.
Weve been struggling for years to nurture a forward pack with some size,& were making progress,& now we need some outside backs with size & pace to support Benji,Lawrence & Tuquiri.