SOS - half back needed

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Chunk

Re: SOS - half back needed

Post by Chunk » Mon 30 May, 2011 1:36 pm

Original poster, why don't you pull one out of your ar*e.

If you haven't noticed, good halfbacks are very rare and he has shown he can develop onto a good one.

It takes time, not sure if you know but half back is the hardest postion to play, especially when your so young and inexperienced.

Solutions?????

Moh

Post by Moh » Mon 30 May, 2011 1:59 pm

cktiger wrote:
Moh wrote:LOLOLOLOL dropping Marshall.

LOOOOOOOOOL no idea.

:brick:

Lui has been solid at halfback and is definitely our best option at the moment. He's had 2 or 3 bad games due to the whole team having shockers. Thread closed.

Edit: Two good games out of ten? That will do me.
You can't seriously be happy with two good games out of ten Moh?
He played well against the Dragons in the final LAST YEAR and only good game since was against a very poor Canberra team.
His defence costs us points every game and he continues to drop the ball or make a mistake at the worst possible time.
Marshall gets away with making blunders because he can turn it around and win us games - but you can't carry a half and five eighth both making silly errors.
And although the stats may say Marshall misses tackles he also comes up with trysavers - and they're the ones that count.
At the moment Lui is trying to be a poor mans version of Marshall - and not succeeding
No, no. I meant that I was done with the argument if he, or anyone else, thinks he's had two good games out of the last ten. That is absolute rubbish.

I don't see the Lui/Marshall similarities TBH. I honestly don't know what the fuss is about, he hasn't been at his best, yes, but he hasn't been horrible either. With the exception of some horrible defensive efforts - but it's not like there are any better halves at the club. He's still a young talent and he has shown SO much promise and all you lot can do is bag him. Lui is our only option; and a good one at that.

Chuck knows what he's talking about.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 30 May, 2011 2:00 pm

Chunk wrote:Original poster, why don't you pull one out of your ar*e.

If you haven't noticed, good halfbacks are very rare and he has shown he can develop onto a good one.

It takes time, not sure if you know but half back is the hardest postion to play, especially when your so young and inexperienced.

Solutions?????

DROP HIM!!!!

He is a 5/8 not a half. Miller ( who is a half back ) into the side asap.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 30 May, 2011 4:39 pm

I still like Moltz at half, we are 8 from 9 with him playing half, and we have looked our most organised with him standing there.

I think miller has a future, but is a little away yet.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 30 May, 2011 4:48 pm

Lui was fine yesterday for the most part. I maintain that he has the best boot in the club, and the sooner Sheens tells Marshall to limit his kicking the better. Lui takes on the line and looks dangerous, which is more that can be said for Moltzen in 2011.

Defence - major issue. But you know what, defence is a major issue for half our side so I am barely going to call for Lui's head based on this.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 30 May, 2011 5:03 pm

Centaur wrote:Lui was fine yesterday for the most part. I maintain that he has the best boot in the club, and the sooner Sheens tells Marshall to limit his kicking the better. Lui takes on the line and looks dangerous, which is more that can be said for Moltzen in 2011.

Defence - major issue. But you know what, defence is a major issue for half our side so I am barely going to call for Lui's head based on this.
my issue with Lui at half is his 5th tackle options, not only his, but most games he has played there we have looked a rabble. I think he has talent but think he makes too many poor decisions at this stage. I think the biggest issues is Benji and Lui together are a bit too upredictable.

His defence is a worry, but not incurable.

His left to right pass is a little suspect as well.

But they are fixable

I think that he is a natural runnning footballer, that could become a very good player, particuarly with a steady halves partner, it is more the combination than him as an individual that concerns me.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Tue 31 May, 2011 11:54 am

Chunk wrote:Original poster, why don't you pull one out of your ar*e.

Uhm...nice way to start a reply...

Really? And Moltzen didn't last year?

Gee, whatever happened to if you are good enough you are old enough...

Solutions?????
Give someone else a go - even Moltzen - or the younger half mentioned by other posters...Look overseas, if need be...but I am not in charge of planning at the WT for what has been a chronic issue for years..

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 31 May, 2011 3:02 pm

Will look different when he has an option of Ellis on the left side. Currently we do not have enough attacking threats and our playermakers are drawing the most attention. Watch him when he gets a few more games under his belt and when he gets a few more options.