Shirnack penalty

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
happy tiger

Shirnack penalty

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 12:49 am

Did anyone have an issue with the penalty on Shirnack for walking off the mark . Heard it in the call on ABC Grandstand and watched it tonight when got home from work . Very tough call and matched turned on that call 4-0 to 16-0 in 3 minutes . Decided to count how many players walked off the mark during game and 11 occasions it happened 5-5 for each team . Warren Ryan blew up galore at the time about it on the radio .Look at the origin spectacle game was able to flow and 3 penalties . I am so sick of the woeful referees in our game . :brick: :wtf :rant :bash

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Mon 30 May, 2011 12:53 am

wouldnt have an issue with the call if the refs were consistent with it

what about the number of times farah caught the markers in the twilight zone and the refs just ignore it

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:03 am

I agree cost us big time and was the turning point in the match, though they did score 5 tries to 3. But he didnt deserve to be penalised though i thought, pretty tough call really.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:04 am

The inconsistency is that if the marker stands up exactly where he makes the tackle, he sticks his knees or hands into the ruck to slow the PTB. Dragons did it all game and got penalised a bunch of times.

If the attacker steps across or around the marker doing this, he gets pinged. Yet, if the marker takes a step back and the attacker then steps off the mark, nothing happens. That was the only diff between Shirnack and the half dozen or more occurrences throughout the game.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 31 May, 2011 2:54 pm

Penalty was fair enough. Stepping aside puts markers offside. Would expect that to be called a penalty most times.