ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Moh

Re: Utai's Defense

Post by Moh » Mon 30 May, 2011 2:50 pm

He most definitely has brah.

You are dreaming if you think Utai can produce the same finishes as 90% of other wingers in the NRL can. Would Utai have scored Gasnier's try? He doesn't have the pace required to dash for the corner before being taken out by the fullback or the sliding defense.

And yah, like you said, the reason why he hasn't bombed more is because he hasn't had the chance.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 30 May, 2011 2:52 pm

Maybe it's me, but I thought his try yesterday was a pretty good example of how he is as a finisher...

Moh

Post by Moh » Mon 30 May, 2011 3:12 pm

That was a good try, but plenty of other wingers would have finished that much simpler than he did.

I don't hate Utai, I don't have an agenda. If he wasn't injured I would not mind sticking with him to see a more of him - I would not drop him based on one game. Just telling it how it is - that IS his weakness, everyone knows it. It hasn't cost us on too many occasions just yet which is why I don't mind him being selected again.

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Mon 30 May, 2011 3:49 pm

Every player has weaknesses i just Want you to tell me who would stop him 10 metres out. Check out the 04 grand final and who else would have scored that try.

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 30 May, 2011 5:11 pm

greg inglis would stop him :D

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 30 May, 2011 5:44 pm

I reckon utai has been sensational bringing the ball out of our 20, could not ask for more. I unfortunately think that he is a little slow and a bit one dimensional in attack, that said, there a few players that offer you everything! he has been very good at what he does and will be missed in some areas the next few weeks

Moh

Post by Moh » Mon 30 May, 2011 6:32 pm

Tiger99 wrote:Every player has weaknesses i just Want you to tell me who would stop him 10 metres out. Check out the 04 grand final and who else would have scored that try.
Talk to me when you're in 2011 champion.

Yes every player has weaknesses, a wingers weaknesses should not be pace and finishing.