My challenge to WT against Newcastle

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
User avatar
crouching_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:25 pm

My challenge to WT against Newcastle

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 05 Jun, 2011 10:20 pm

1. Not kicking out on the full when looking for touch.

2. Actually finding touch when taking a penalty.

3. Running straight and hard onto the ball.

4. Not to throw a backline pass into the 6th row of seats in the grandstand.

5. Put up a decent bomb when you fail to break the opposition's tryline.

6. Not get tackled with the ball on the 6th.

Let's see if the boys can do this for just one week...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"


User avatar
Sataris
Member
Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm
Contact:

Post by Sataris » Sun 05 Jun, 2011 11:42 pm

3 , 4, 5 and 6 will be tricky!
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11066
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 7:04 am

I would like them to stop kicking on the 3rd or 4th tackle all the time, especially if we're behind on the scoreboard....

User avatar
MightyMaggy
Member
Member
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: Bligh Park

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 7:07 am

Try completing sets of six by playing patient, sensible football, especially if we are in front in the last twenty minutes!

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33118
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 7:32 am

2,3,5 and 6 will all be tough I reckon. Damn that's sad!


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41215
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 7:52 am

Depending on who is playing fullback tonight you could double that list I reckon
7 Catch bombs on the full
8 Run the ball back at 100%
9 Not offload to the wingers every chance I get
10 Put my body on the line
11 Aim to have my support play as good as the usual fullback
12 Aim to be good positionallly all day

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:28 am

happy tiger wrote:Depending on who is playing fullback tonight you could double that list I reckon
7 Catch bombs on the full
8 Run the ball back at 100%
9 Not offload to the wingers every chance I get
10 Put my body on the line
11 Aim to have my support play as good as the usual fullback
12 Aim to be good positionallly all day
Would LOVE to come on here after the game tonight and eat a nice serving of humble pie, but I doubt any of the above will happen if Moltzen plays fullback tonight.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41215
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:33 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Depending on who is playing fullback tonight you could double that list I reckon
7 Catch bombs on the full
8 Run the ball back at 100%
9 Not offload to the wingers every chance I get
10 Put my body on the line
11 Aim to have my support play as good as the usual fullback
12 Aim to be good positionallly all day
Would LOVE to come on here after the game tonight and eat a nice serving of humble pie, but I doubt any of the above will happen if Moltzen plays fullback tonight.
Yeah x 2 Hybrid I will swallow a big chunk of humble pie with you Does anyone have a miracle cure for dodgy hamstrings just in case ?? PLEASE

User avatar
crouching_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:32 am

happy tiger wrote:Depending on who is playing fullback tonight you could double that list I reckon
7 Catch bombs on the full
8 Run the ball back at 100%
9 Not offload to the wingers every chance I get
10 Put my body on the line
11 Aim to have my support play as good as the usual fullback
12 Aim to be good positionallly all day
Ouch HT!! A direct hit at Moltzen!! :(

Difference between my list and yours is, mine is an ask for the entire team to not play silly footy and scrap dumb schoolboy errors out of a professional outfit.
I also REALLY hope to eat humble pie on this thread after tonight's match!!
C'mon Tigers.....prove me wrong and LIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! :sign:
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

BeanStew55
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon 22 Feb, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by BeanStew55 » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:35 am

1. Improve our kicking game
2. Marshall to be first reciever
3. Improve our kicking game
4. Target the tired forwards
5. Not get tackled with the ball on the 6th.
6. Running straight and hard onto the ball.
7. Put up a decent bomb when you fail to break the opposition's tryline.

The Shiraz Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon 25 Apr, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:42 am

Patience, we don't have to score every time we have the ball in the opp half. Commit to tackles, no arm grabbing. No penalties when we have the opp pinned in their own 30m. Forwards run straight and hard.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41215
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:43 am

tiger05 wrote:Hybrid and Happy you've had the last couple of weeks to come on here and eat humble pie and yet you haven't. Are you saying you need to be proven wrong 3 weeks in a row before you'll acknowledge it.
Even you have admitted you prefer Mackinnon at fullback at this point in time . I am agreeing with you . Moltzen had his best game so far last week . But he will have to improve at least 200-300% to even be mentioned in the same sentence as MacKinnon Tiger 05

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:04 am

I only have one.......turn up ready to play!!

We can beat anyone when we want to , problem though is that this year we never really want to....

User avatar
Icon
Member
Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Icon » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:16 am

Attitude - that's it.

User avatar
biggest tigers fan
Member
Member
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 1:18 am

Post by biggest tigers fan » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:33 am

i reckon the bookies love it when moltzen plays fb.The other team firms into short favourites
Number 1 souffs hater

User avatar
Brisbane Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 757
Joined: Wed 07 Apr, 2010 9:35 am
Location: brisbane

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:38 am

Big sauce! if he lifts, runs straight and hard and flattens people in defence the whole team will lift, we need mongrel, if the forwards can actually win the yardage game for once Benji and farah could have a field day and really boost there confidence.

User avatar
crouching_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 10:20 am

crouching_tiger wrote:1. Not kicking out on the full when looking for touch.

2. Actually finding touch when taking a penalty.

3. Running straight and hard onto the ball.

4. Not to throw a backline pass into the 6th row of seats in the grandstand.

5. Put up a decent bomb when you fail to break the opposition's tryline.

6. Not get tackled with the ball on the 6th.

Let's see if the boys can do this for just one week...
Well done to the team!! Great all round effort.
Seems like the boys tried really hard to eradicate the "coachkillers" last night.

1. Farah was very unlucky to kick out on the full with the much needed attempted 40/20.

2. Every penalty touch finder actually found touch.

3. Galloway, Woods, Heighington, Fifita all dug deep when the match was on the line and ran hard. Unfortunately a couple of them had a case of the dropsies. But can be forgiven.

4. Cut out passes were timed much better with a bit of vision and found their mark on most occasions.

5. Still not enough aerial assaults for my liking. But could improve in this area. Some of the deft grubbers put through really did not give our outside backs any real chance.

6. Think the team was only trapped once with the ball on the 6th last night(?). Well done.

I am more than happy with the areas which were improved upon, and didn't curse and swear like i do at most matches when the stupid unforced schoolboy errors occur. Congratulations to the boys and a well deserved victory.
I will now eat a slice of Tom Humble and smile for the rest of the week.
Now i can only hope you can continue to fine tune your gameplan to find consistency in these areas.

Happy to declare:

WT - 1
CT - 0
:D
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 10:35 am

crouching_tiger wrote:
crouching_tiger wrote:1. Not kicking out on the full when looking for touch.

2. Actually finding touch when taking a penalty.

3. Running straight and hard onto the ball.

4. Not to throw a backline pass into the 6th row of seats in the grandstand.

5. Put up a decent bomb when you fail to break the opposition's tryline.

6. Not get tackled with the ball on the 6th.

Let's see if the boys can do this for just one week...
Well done to the team!! Great all round effort.

Seems like the boys tried really hard to eradicate the "coachkillers" last night.

1. Farah was very unlucky to kick out on the full with the much needed attempted 40/20.

2. Every penalty touch finder actually found touch.

3. Galloway, Woods, Heighington, Fifita all dug deep when the match was on the line and ran hard. Unfortunately a couple of them had a case of the dropsies. But can be forgiven.

4. Cut out passes were timed much better with a bit of vision and found their mark on most occasions.

5. Still not enough aerial assaults for my liking. But could improve in this area. Some of the deft grubbers put through really did not give our outside backs any real chance.

6. Think the team was only trapped once with the ball on the 6th last night(?). Well done.

I am more than happy with the areas which were improved upon, and didn't curse and swear like i do at most matches when the stupid unforced schoolboy errors occur. Congratulations to the boys and a well deserved victory.
I will now eat a slice of Tom Humble and smile for the rest of the week.
Now i can only hope you can continue to fine tune your gameplan to find consistency in these areas.

Happy to declare:

WT - 1
CT - 0
:D
Your easily pleased i thought they were awful and didn't deserve the win, almost as bad as Penrith game.

Post Reply