Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
hybrid_tiger

Re: Lui has to be sacked cant tackle

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 9:39 am

smeghead wrote:He wasn't great tonight.

I wouldn't get rid of him just yet.

Instead I would try actually putting Ellis back on the right side where he should never have been moved from. Luis reads and effort can be terrible but Dwyer left him utterly posted on our line for their try in the second half.

Why did we actually move Ellis? He and Lui had a great combination going and it was one of our most effective attacking weapons and balanced our attack on the right side with the quality our left was putting out.

But hey I might be willing to give Mltzen a go just so we can have a fullback that supports the ball carrier
Spot on, why Ellis was moved away from Lui I have no idea. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 10:47 am

Lui is a crap defender always has been, even in the 20s they would find him out and im sure Sheens was aware of this before he promoted him to first grade.
The question is what is a halfback in the team for?
Is he there to make all his tackles and provide diddly squat with the ball? Oh yeah of course we tried that with Johnny Morris failed miserably.
Anyone remember Scott Prince? Couldn't tackle to save his life, loved patting opposition players on the back as they strolled past him to score. Still didn't stop him from being the best Halfback to ever play for the Wests Tigers due to what he brought to the team when we had the ball.
Anyone that says Lui cannot Pass, kick or is willing to take on the opposition line is full of it. His general play kicking has been better than both Benji and Farah this year. This forum would have gone into meltdown if it was Lui who had kicked it out on the full last night at the end of regular time or if he had been the one who couldnt find touch from the penalty against St George.
His passing game allows Benji to stand wider and receive the ball in better attacking situations and provides a good link between Farah and Benji. Does he make mistakes? Yep sure does but name me a play maker that doesn't. Hell Benji makes almost the most out of any player but so what, that's what happens when your a ballplayer and trying to create opportunities.
Luis weakness is his defence, it will improve but will never be great. Having him next to Dwyer last night was a massive mistake. The easiest way to help as has already been mentioned is to have him defending on the left side outside Ellis. Then once Lawrence returns he will be defending between two of our best. It worked last year for us and will work again.
For all those wanting to chuck Miller in, please let the kid mature and improve in the 20s. Rushing him into the top team now wont improve us. Remember he did start a game this year at 7, we lost to the Titans who are dead last. Patience is required.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 11:54 am

Yes has to go moltzen in my opinion should have been there before he got injured most were raving about how good he ws going with benji.

Lui cant tackle and hes either deceptively quick or his as slow as he looks.One good game is not good enough we cant caryy 2 players that make so many mistakes benji is forgiven only because of what he can do in other facets of his game.

Lui is starting to remind me of paul davis who played for balmain and not just the look they were both good with the ball thats about it.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 11:56 am

Never to young mate id give him a go for sure and lets face it teams seem to be promoting players straight from u20s.Id love to see how many do get pushed up into first grade from 20s compare to nsw cup

Post by 851 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:11 pm

I have been saying it since pre season,Miller will be better than both Moltzen and Lui,maybe already better,he has aggression in defence,something neither of the other 2 have,time to let him loose.
Go hard or go home

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:25 pm

Its Miller time!

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:50 pm

Glennb wrote:Its Miller time!
He is "in the mood"... :D :D ;)

paulgeorge

Post by paulgeorge » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:17 pm

I agree with dumping Lui, but seriously who! have we got to replace him......zippo, the cupbard is bare....that's what happens when we over pay players who don't put in every week and only make an appearence for 15 minutes a game. I seriously should think we should change our strip to black with a silver fern on it.

thylacine

Post by thylacine » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:18 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:

Don't think many on here would get that reference :lol:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:20 pm

thylacine wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:

Don't think many on here would get that reference :lol:
Glenn Miller, terrific musician. Affirmed my love for big band and swing.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

drummertim

Post by drummertim » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:46 pm

don't understand why the coaching staff don't listen to fans we all want moltzen at halfback and lui sacked and they refuse to listen to us, might as well not waste our breath!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:51 pm

drummertim wrote:don't understand why the coaching staff don't listen to fans we all want moltzen at halfback and lui sacked and they refuse to listen to us, might as well not waste our breath!
Not everyone.... and not many on here would have the experience that Camp Concord has in regards to team selection.

Sounds like a smart move not to listen to the Fans on here!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

willow

Post by willow » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:20 pm

drummertim wrote:don't understand why the coaching staff don't listen to fans we all want moltzen at halfback and lui sacked and they refuse to listen to us, might as well not waste our breath!
That's where you're wrong. We don't all want Moltzen at halfback and nor do we want Lui sacked. Might as well not waste your breath with nonsense comments like that.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:24 pm

Stick with Lui for the next few weeks and if by the time Lawrence gets back things are not great make changes then .Thw whole team needs to take resposibility for our attacking issues and if we stick a more relaible defender with Lui (Ellis or Fulton) that will help with his confidence .

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:The reason teams focus on Lui in attack is because of the bloke beside him also Dwyer . They both can miss a few tackles and it gives you two targets in the line side by side . Fulton should be moved next to Lui and I think you will find that teams will not target Lui so often .

hmm after 30 minutes when he comes on the field.St george would have been up 30 nil by that time.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:28 pm

Well it can be Ellis then Still think I prefer Fulton starting with Dwyer off bench anyway . Both Dwyer and Fulton are being used in the wrong way anyway

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:46 pm

Dreamers wrote:He is the worst half back in this competition ,he cant TACKLE ,when are they finally going to drop him ,he offers nothing for us ,he just walks around doing nothing ,SACK HIM ,
sack him?
can we sack you?

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:48 pm

Pokies ,Are you related to Lui ,you must be watching a different game then the rest of us ,Lui is hopeless face the facts