Average!

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
The Shiraz Tiger

Re: Average!

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 7:23 am

Going back to the Panthers game, I think we are starting to get more positives out of each game. Panthers: the old cliche of "winning ugly" certainly applies but lets take into account that was against a Panthers side that is improving each week, at Penrith. Dragons: I thought that was a great game. More structure patience was evident with only a splatter of silliness. Remeber that game could have gone either way for a long time and we dominated for periods of the game. Knights: They are a good team and played well. Marshall was more selective in his passing and kicking game than he has been all year. Farrah stopped trying to find a penalty every time he ran from dummy half and paced himself beautifully throughout the game. Our kicking game was far better than it has been all year. Repeat sets, kicking to far corners and on occasions between wingers and fullback, a lot more patience starting to be displayed. Gibbs tackled and hit it up with controlled aggression, Galloway was a rock. Heighington is becoming more and more difficult for opposition to control. Moltzen, whilst not setting the world on fire, had his best game this season and Ayshford has awoken from his slumber and was outstanding with a combination of skill, control, and speed. Stupid penalties and dropped ball were about the lowest I have seen them for a long time. Things are looking up. Wins against Warriors and then Storm at a packed Leichhardt - top 5 beckoning ????

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 8:32 am

If we play like Monday Night the warriors will win and win easy

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 8:39 am

The one thing in our favour over the next few weeks a lot of top 6 sides play each other and will be affected by orgin also . If we can somehow put a few back to back we could slide up to top 5

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 8:43 am

happy tiger wrote:The one thing in our favour over the next few weeks a lot of top 6 sides play each other and will be affected by orgin also . If we can somehow put a few back to back we could slide up to top 5
It dont matter st george had six players backing up and we didnt get the 2 points. There needs to be a change of attitude first before we can count on other teams misfortune

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 8:58 am

TIGER wrote:Marshall is crud
I agree, he is as bad as Joey, Wally Lewis and Sterlo. Along with other over rated bums Fittler, Lockyer and Billy Slater

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 8:59 am

tigers05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:The one thing in our favour over the next few weeks a lot of top 6 sides play each other and will be affected by orgin also . If we can somehow put a few back to back we could slide up to top 5
It dont matter st george had six players backing up and we didnt get the 2 points. There needs to be a change of attitude first before we can count on other teams misfortune
Wasn't talking about us EG Broncos play Raiders without origin stars Manly v Cowboys this weekend Next week Saints play Manly , Cowboys v Warriors See what I mean . I understand what your saying and thats the point I was trying to make , if we can put a few back to back .....

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 9:25 am

I thought Marshall made some good breaks and generally looked dangerous in attack, he didn't have a bad game IMO