uates tackle

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

uates tackle

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:30 pm

you watch the people who run this game play down the spear tackle so uate can play origin ... its at least a two week suspension for mine .....


User avatar
Suzie-Q
Member
Member
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Central Western NSW

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 9:32 pm

I reckon that is on the cards, TT.

User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Centaur » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:27 pm

I want him to get off. He is a class player and NSW need him.

hadds75
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by hadds75 » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:29 pm

Id have to find other instances to compare it to.

However if it was BRYCE GIBBS (or many other players in the nrl, not just tigers), hed have 6 weeks - I have NO doubts

User avatar
biggest tigers fan
Member
Member
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 1:18 am

Post by biggest tigers fan » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:29 pm

looked bad,the hands between the legs will be the killer
Number 1 souffs hater


Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:36 pm

Remember Hayne from last year, rules for some and rules for others.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:00 am

nothing in it let him play. honestly if i did that on the weekend in park footy the other team would get a penalty and thatd be the end of it. so y would they rub out one of the most exciting players for one of the most exciting specticles?
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5001
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:32 am

Hands wrong place/lifted/drove down all 3 case closed he will get one week if let off this will set a precident that the NRL won't want.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:51 am

Snake wrote:Hands wrong place/lifted/drove down all 3 case closed he will get one week if let off this will set a precident that the NRL won't want.
I agree - it was bad enough for a suspension under the current rules. Lets see if the judiciary has the balls to make the right decision.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 10:55 am

Grade one. Free to play with the plea.

Apparantly Simona having the wherewithall to use his arm to stop all the downward drive going only through his spine is the reason it wasn't that bad.

The Origin rule strikes again
Image

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17532
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 11:10 am

smeghead wrote:Grade one. Free to play with the plea.

Apparantly Simona having the wherewithall to use his arm to stop all the downward drive going only through his spine is the reason it wasn't that bad.

The Origin rule strikes again
Bloody ridiculous, if that was roles reversed and say Ryan on Sau, we'd see Ryan gone for 8 weeks. It would be a blessing in disguise, but that's not the point I'm trying to illustrate.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40179
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 11:29 am

In his defence he has not fronted jury before and we get off with a gulity plea even if it is grade 1. And thats coming from a Qlder

User avatar
IronTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by IronTiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:02 pm

So because Simona had the presence of mind to protect himslef Uate gets off?

The judiciary are a joke. Simona could potenially miss a week or two with a bruised shoulder while Uate gets to play Origin. What if in protecting himself he breaks his wrist as he is driven into the floor does tha charge change or can weonly punish players if they actually harm someone.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 1:43 pm

Fijian flyer cleared to play in Origin II
June 7, 2011 - 11:39AM

Newcastle’s Akuila Uate will be free to play for NSW in State of Origin II with an early guilty plea after being charged with a grade one dangerous throw on Wests Tigers player Tim Simona.

Uate was put on report in the Knights’ 17-16 loss to Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Monday night after lifting centre Simona between the legs and dumping him on his back late in the second half.

There had been fears the Fijian-born flyer could be hit with a high grade charge, which would have almost certainly ruled him out of the second Origin match at ANZ Stadium next week.
Advertisement: Story continues below

But NRL match review committee chairman Greg McCallum said a grade one charge was appropriate, giving Uate until midday on Wednesday to accept an early guilty plea and clear him to play for the Blues.

‘‘Although player Uate lifted player Simona into a dangerous position, Simona was able to get his arm to the ground and in some manner protect himself,’’ McCallum said in a statement.

‘‘It is his shoulder that makes most contact with the ground and there is only minor contact with the back of his head.’’

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:00 pm

While questionable being a Grade 1 Charge, I'm glad Uate is free to play Origin...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17532
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:04 pm

willow wrote:Fijian flyer cleared to play in Origin II
June 7, 2011 - 11:39AM

Newcastle’s Akuila Uate will be free to play for NSW in State of Origin II with an early guilty plea after being charged with a grade one dangerous throw on Wests Tigers player Tim Simona.

Uate was put on report in the Knights’ 17-16 loss to Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Monday night after lifting centre Simona between the legs and dumping him on his back late in the second half.

There had been fears the Fijian-born flyer could be hit with a high grade charge, which would have almost certainly ruled him out of the second Origin match at ANZ Stadium next week.
Advertisement: Story continues below

But NRL match review committee chairman Greg McCallum said a grade one charge was appropriate, giving Uate until midday on Wednesday to accept an early guilty plea and clear him to play for the Blues.

‘‘Although player Uate lifted player Simona into a dangerous position, Simona was able to get his arm to the ground and in some manner protect himself,’’ McCallum said in a statement.

‘‘It is his shoulder that makes most contact with the ground and there is only minor contact with the back of his head.’’
Reads as: "Bozo & Sticky said we're fast running out of outside backs and expressed their concern that they may have to pick a Wests player to fill the breach. They said that this was contrary to Origin selection policy despite them being completely hypocritical bending and breaking every convenant they set for themselves this series thus far... Simona didn't break his neck, therefore Uate is cleared to play."
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40179
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:11 pm

Hear that Fitzy was on stand by for Uate . Cruel blow for Fitzy

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:17 pm

tiger tigers wrote:you watch the people who run this game play down the spear tackle so uate can play origin ... its at least a two week suspension for mine .....
spear tackles should get sin bins
they should also mean minimum of 4 weeks on the sideline
its going to take someone unable to walk again for them to start knuckling down on this...

i hear all this crap about player welfare blah blah blah... yet the referees focus in the off season is on not standing behind the line on a kick off or packing the scrum properly...

go figure...

Post Reply