Worrying signs

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Alf Duguid

Worrying signs

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:04 pm

I was sitting watching the game tonight in the Duguid mansion, sipping on my Twinings, and little things that I saw happening during the game still worry me:

Our line speed against an average Knights pack. We made Dan Tolar look like Matt Scott.
Our overall lack of intensity
Benji having a dummy spit when his little kick wasn't chased
Forwards not willing to do the hard stuff in our own twenty

Me still thinks all is not well in Kansas

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:06 pm

I have been thinking this for a few weeks and the feeling is getting stronger.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:10 pm

The lack of intensity is clearly evident. Some of them look like they don't want to be there.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:30 am

I liked Benji getting angry. It showed passion.

Yes the team is playing terrible footy and that is what is wrong. Sheens needs to step in and make some tough decisions.

Firstly Fulton and Lui have to go. Secondly Farah might have to lose the captaincy. This has to be followed by Gibbs moving to the starting backrow along with Ellis and Heighno.

It is the NRL and we need to try and win the comp. We need a big pack of forwards with mongrel, discipline and who hold onto the ball (Woods should be on notice). We need a captain and dummy half who doesn't hog it. We need halves who offer plenty with the ball in hand and can defend reasonably well.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:32 am

While I was watching Aerobics Oz Style this morning, it dawned on me what team work and mateship is all about.

The Fulton & Gibbs side show is certainly impacting on our mateship, band of brothers, blleding black & gold, etc. It seems to be the core issue and until it is resolved things will lurch from worse to worse

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:42 am

tiger05 wrote:I liked Benji getting angry. It showed passion.

Yes the team is playing terrible footy and that is what is wrong. Sheens needs to step in and make some tough decisions.

Firstly Fulton and Lui have to go. Secondly Farah might have to lose the captaincy. This has to be followed by Gibbs moving to the starting backrow along with Ellis and Heighno.

It is the NRL and we need to try and win the comp. We need a big pack of forwards with mongrel, discipline and who hold onto the ball (Woods should be on notice). We need a captain and dummy half who doesn't hog it. We need halves who offer plenty with the ball in hand and can defend reasonably well.
Fulton? The guy who scored a try last night, broke 3 tackles, broke the line & made 39 tackles without missing any? Are you high?
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:48 am

I think Fulton should play beside Lui in defence not Dwyer he is far better defensively . Issues I think are the fact we have a different side almost every week and we can't build any continuity in our play week in week out . It must be very frustrating for everyone involved including fans . Other issue is holding onto the ball our forwards turn too much ball over . Woods and Dwyer need to be explained ball control in particular .

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:50 am

Gibbs is not capable of big minutes in the back row right now. When he came off one of his knees was swollen right up and he took straight up the tunnel gefore the conversion attempt obviously to get it drained and get more needles at half time.

The interchange policy is attrocious as well. Galloway, Woods and Heighno were all off the field for the 20 minutes before half time and the 10 - 15 minutes after it. Far too long to have your metre eaters all off at once

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 9:44 am

smeghead wrote: The interchange policy is attrocious as well. Galloway, Woods and Heighno were all off the field for the 20 minutes before half time and the 10 - 15 minutes after it. Far too long to have your metre eaters all off at once
Our interchange policy has always been questionable. Some things never change.