Moltzen..

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
mc1991

Moltzen..

Post by mc1991 » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:22 pm

I love moltz but he just isn't doing it for me at the moment..unfortunately there's nobody to fill in for him so it looks like were stuck in a bit of a hole..the problem isn't who you drop from the squad it's more who you bring up..I hope for his sake and the tigers sake he finds some good form and confidence soon..if we play like tonight against the top teams they'll bury us..happy we won but can't say I'm satisfied with level of play..were capable of much more..any thoughts?

Posted using RoarFEED

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:27 pm

the scary thing is the departure of mckinnon suggests moltzen is being considered as the long term fullback.

Honestly fullback is close to the most important position in the team. Having a high quality kick return is somthing but Moltzen just cant do. To go with that his safety under the high ball is skeptical too.

But seriously have a look at QUALITY of NRL fullbacks. Hayne, Coote/Gordon , Stewart, Stapleton, Boyd, Barba, Dugan, Gidley, Beale, Bowen, Hohaia, Campbell/Zillman, Slater. And we have Moltzen. all of these guys are lightyears better fullbacks than Moltzen who sadly is competing with Wesser for the worst fullback in the NRL.

Moltzen sadly isnt physical enough. Hes too small, but there are other fullbacks who are smaller Barba, Brett Hodgson, Campbell etc but these guys are physically much tougher.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:30 pm

Can't disagree.

He had an OK game tonight (leaving aside the brain explosion in extra time - maybe its not fair to leave that aside!) but had McKinnon played we would have been so much more potent in attack.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:36 pm

Can we possibly have a Tim Moltzen free day . A day where he doesn't get mentioned once He was Ok today but again but no comparison to Wade Mac

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:Can we possibly have a Tim Moltzen free day . A day where he doesn't get mentioned once He was Ok today but again but no comparison to Wade Mac
Okay you say? The sooner he's dropped to nsw cup to get his confidence back the better. The boy does not attack the football in attack nor defence and make very little metres.

Turn it up he needs get on his game bloody quickly if we gonna do anything in 2011. He is a passanger and no a fullbacks you know what!

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:47 pm

He offers nothing from the fullback position..

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:58 pm

Positionally... he is terrible
Kick-returns are the weakest in the comp and pathetic at best
Support play... non-existent
Defensively as strong as a wet paper bag

What part of his game makes him a suitable Fullback... please someone... explain to me?
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 10:58 pm

mc1991 wrote:I love moltz but he just isn't doing it for me at the moment..unfortunately there's nobody to fill in for him so it looks like were stuck in a bit of a hole..the problem isn't who you drop from the squad it's more who you bring up..I hope for his sake and the tigers sake he finds some good form and confidence soon..if we play like tonight against the top teams they'll bury us..happy we won but can't say I'm satisfied with level of play..were capable of much more..any thoughts?

Posted using RoarFEED
it's not moltzens fault.

he is not a fullback. he offers nothing special in that position that warrants his selection there over someone like mitch brown. brown played there once, contested high balls well and chimmed in the backline. moltz goes missing.

moltzen is however a quality playmaker that has potential to be up there with some of the best in the game given the opportunity. he can:
- kick (long and tactically well)
- pass (short, long, dummy, flick etc well)
- read the play ahead of him and make quick and quality decisions
- take the line on with the ball and threaten the defense
- create opportunities for team mates to score

he should be in the 6 or 7. he's a playmaker. whether that's going to be at the tigers or not, i dont know, however the selection of him at fullback is doing us no favours.

marshall is being thrown up for next year. it means we can then keep moltz marshall and lui next year, i'll take it. i'd hate to lose any of them.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:00 pm

Kaiser wrote:Positionally... he is terrible
Kick-returns are the weakest in the comp and pathetic at best
Support play... non-existent
Defensively as strong as a wet paper bag

What part of his game makes him a suitable Fullback... please someone... explain to me?
He's Benji's mate and Benji likes having him there.

Apart from that, i can't see any other reason for the "experiment" (which will go on for years unfortunately)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:00 pm

tigers05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Can we possibly have a Tim Moltzen free day . A day where he doesn't get mentioned once He was Ok today but again but no comparison to Wade Mac
Okay you say? The sooner he's dropped to nsw cup to get his confidence back the better. The boy does not attack the football in attack nor defence and make very little metres.

Turn it up he needs get on his game bloody quickly if we gonna do anything in 2011. He is a passanger and no a fullbacks you know what!
Well he was better than he had been . Did you read the rest of my comment ?? He is no comparison to Wade Mac . Sort of says it all Tigers05

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:01 pm

if mac was there tonight we would of won comfortably.because we made alot of half breaks and moltzen wasnt backing up.
Number 1 souffs hater

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:33 am

Mckinnon is terrible and doesn't deserve his spot. Moltzen is a better player now and if he stays there will start to kill it.

In saying that Moltzen has to go to the halves because he is better there and we need someone helping Benji out.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:41 am

biggest tigers fan wrote:if mac was there tonight we would of won comfortably.because we made alot of half breaks and moltzen wasnt backing up.
Garbage.

I guess with mckinnon on the field, all the dropped ball in the forwards would disappear, we would have had direction in the opposition 20 and there would have been no missed tackles.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:42 am

I,m not a fan of this guy but reality is Sheens has to set the guy in one poisition and leave him there .Leave Mckinnon out for a month and run with Moltzen the whole team needs some stability this is what's killing us ,he didn't play to badly last night .

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:07 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
biggest tigers fan wrote:if mac was there tonight we would of won comfortably.because we made alot of half breaks and moltzen wasnt backing up.
Garbage.

I guess with mckinnon on the field, all the dropped ball in the forwards would disappear, we would have had direction in the opposition 20 and there would have been no missed tackles.
Spot on Gary, our problems were more than just Moltzen.

Moltzen was backing up on a couple of occasions and actually the inside ball found him at one point during the game. I am still adamant Mitch needs to be FB.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:17 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Spot on Gary, our problems were more than just Moltzen.

Moltzen was backing up on a couple of occasions and actually the inside ball found him at one point during the game. I am still adamant Mitch needs to be FB.
I actually saw no real problems with Moltzen's game. It was solid, but not spectacular and you could see him gaining confidence. The more he plays at fullback, the better he will become.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:30 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Spot on Gary, our problems were more than just Moltzen.

I actually saw no real problems with Moltzen's game. It was solid, but not spectacular and you could see him gaining confidence. The more he plays at fullback, the better he will become.
Nor I, he fell off a few tackles... Even went in so half arsed in one tackle he nearly ended up tackling Fifita!

That said, he made a couple of tackles that were critical, even a one-on-one try saver in the early stages. He wasn't our worst last night, he wasn't spectacular either though.

My biggest complaint is that he wasn't sniffing around the ruck or following the ball carrier in support enough.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:43 am

The only player he support runs off is Benji.

Heighno, Dwyer, Galloway and Fifita can all be there ready to offload and he is parked out to the open side inside Benjis shoulder.

Much better tonight than in the past but a guy who jogs to the defensive line on kick returns has no place at fullback. Look at the difference in set starts they got off of Wesinal Banana last night.