Beau Ryan

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Rambo2714

Re: Beau Ryan

Post by Rambo2714 » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 11:28 pm

Wrong night to post Thread like this , he had a good wingers game .

Re: the try in his corner I thought he showed class in not panicking and playing at it earlier , the fact they scored is irrelevant it was a fluke and beau done nothing wrong .

He defended well , and made good ground out of dummy half .

Posted using RoarFEED
Wests for life !

Golden

Post by Golden » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:00 am

I find him 100% more safe then Utai all he was good for was running over players. Beau can catch bombs finish off trys and knows how to defend. I prefer a slow safer player. yes I know he has some stupid errors in his game at times but Id father him the Utai

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:20 am

Wait....Did you say you'd "father" him!!!! :lol:

Golden

Post by Golden » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:22 am

lmao yes was suppose to be rather that has to be the most funniest typo ever

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:39 am

Beau has been playing well. He deserves his spot.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:58 am

If he plays like that for the rest of the year (excluding the in-goal calamity which would have gone out 9/10 times,) I'll be happy for him to be there. Took a kick or two under pressure and came up with a couple of fantastic intercepts.

I will agree with Hybrid though, he is often an ordinary footballer, and I don't expect him to carry his second half form for the rest of the year.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:43 am

He was 1 of the better tigers out there last night. He did everything possible to let that ball go out of bounds, just 1 of those freakish tries that happened to be againts us.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:53 am

CocaCola wrote:He was 1 of the better tigers out there last night. He did everything possible to let that ball go out of bounds, just 1 of those freakish tries that happened to be againts us.
x 2 Apart from the mistake in the corner (which was freaky) he was pretty good . He runs the ball up hard and was good under the high ball . Maybe Beau is the answer at fullback ??? His yardage when he has played fullback in past has been good and will hang around the ruck and give good support .

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 9:41 am

happy tiger wrote:
CocaCola wrote:He was 1 of the better tigers out there last night. He did everything possible to let that ball go out of bounds, just 1 of those freakish tries that happened to be againts us.
x 2 Apart from the mistake in the corner (which was freaky) he was pretty good . He runs the ball up hard and was good under the high ball . Maybe Beau is the answer at fullback ??? His yardage when he has played fullback in past has been good and will hang around the ruck and give good support .
Ryan actually played quite well at fullback for his first three or four games there, until he decided to stop running hard on kick returns. (Obviously was instructed to do so).

Would prefer him there over Moltzen, but he has at least one big mistake in him and it will cost us points.

I want Brown at fullback.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:13 pm

Easy in hindsight to say he should have batted the ball out of play but it was a freakish try and as someone said in a earlier post where was the desparation from other players to get over and help him....there wasnt any.I thought ryan played one ofhis better games last night so its funny how people see differently.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:04 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Vicious wrote:Bad call Hybrid. Beau has copped a lot of criticism and much of it deserved, but that ball looked as if it was going dead for all money and was a freak try. Ayshford and Moltzen are just as much to blame for it as what Beau is, they were both plodding along and showing no urgency, a lesson to be learned for both of them more so than Beau.
Apart from that Beau went very well tonight on the back of a solid game last week, you have to give credit where credit is due.
Vicious, you don't let the ball bounce in the in goal, regardless of if it was going dead or not. Bat it over the dead ball line, simple as that.

Ryan has one big clanger in his per match and this will never change.

Again, I said he had a good second half but these big errors are inexcusable and he has made a career of them.
what a load of rubbish, players are encouraged to shadow the ball, just as Beau did, i reckon on the coaches report it wont even be a cross against his name, it will go down as sh1t happens.
I reckon he is solid enough, i thought he played well last night.

He is actually pretty good out of dummy half getting yards with those little jinking runs.

I thought last year, with the exception of the souths game and the kick against saints in the final, he was quite good.

He won us a game with a couple super plays against canberra at leichhardt, for one.

I reckon his footy show gig, plus his finals kick has made him a target for criticism.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:07 pm

Vicious wrote:Bad call Hybrid. Beau has copped a lot of criticism and much of it deserved, but that ball looked as if it was going dead for all money and was a freak try. Ayshford and Moltzen are just as much to blame for it as what Beau is, they were both plodding along and showing no urgency, a lesson to be learned for both of them more so than Beau.
Apart from that Beau went very well tonight on the back of a solid game last week, you have to give credit where credit is due.

I agree. If he knocked that ball dead everyone would be screaming at him saying he didnt need to. He had his best game of the year.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:28 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Vicious, you don't let the ball bounce in the in goal, regardless of if it was going dead or not. Bat it over the dead ball line, simple as that.

Ryan has one big clanger in his per match and this will never change.

Again, I said he had a good second half but these big errors are inexcusable and he has made a career of them.
No. wrong here.
As otthers have said theres a massive difference in defending another set on our line and regaining possesion....its not "as simple as that"
This try was a freakish try....but as soon as it happened I knew he'd be crucified here for it.
Most trys are results of an error somewhere...

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 9:01 pm

The only possible complaint for Beau's effort last night was the attempted intercept in the first period of extra time that saw Gidley knock the ball on as a result, the rest of the night was pretty solid.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 9:07 pm

gotta say i thought sleau was ok last night. i really cant blame him for the try, it was a 1/100 play and im willing to bet any wing/fullback would have done the same thing. it wasnt like nathan gardners on friday which was an out and out shocker.

if anyone is to blamed for the try it is ayshford. he showed absolutely no urgency to get to the ball and left mcmanus with an easy try when he should have been there aswell.

sleet52

Post by sleet52 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 9:14 pm

Is it jut me or is Beau the most unlucky player in the NRL? He lets a ball run in the in goal last night and its remarkable batted back in, last year V souths he batts a ball back in from a 40/20 and it leads to a try. Take away the bits of bad luck he is a good player, very strong and most importantly he loves the club!

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 10:08 pm

Beau Ryan is a symptom of a side that is not playing for each other, his actions aren't any worse than what Farah, Lui and Marshall have been doing since round one. Ryan and his team mates need to get back to simple sets for the first 15 or 20 minutes of a game and build up from there.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 7:45 am

Most people disagree...i still think he makes way too many costly errors for a first grader.