The Graveyard...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Gary Bakerloo

Re: The Graveyard...

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Yeah gary well as if by your comments you wernt comparing it to c-town.....I know what your like with c-town.
A little fact is that it is always quiet. You yell polite advice to the players and you get half the hill turn around and look at you like you have two heads. Great crowd last night, but the ground has a picnic atmosphere, not an intimidating atmosphere.

And no im not a usual suspect at all i have never tried to make a comparison or say ones better hen the other i cherish every home game we get.
It is a comparison to all NRL grounds that I have attended (predominantly in the Sydney area). Leichhardt is a lovely ground, but it is quiet and not very intimidating.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 6:54 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:Yeah gary well as if by your comments you wernt comparing it to c-town.....I know what your like with c-town.
A little fact is that it is always quiet. You yell polite advice to the players and you get half the hill turn around and look at you like you have two heads. Great crowd last night, but the ground has a picnic atmosphere, not an intimidating atmosphere.

And no im not a usual suspect at all i have never tried to make a comparison or say ones better hen the other i cherish every home game we get.
It is a comparison to all NRL grounds that I have attended (predominantly in the Sydney area). Leichhardt is a lovely ground, but it is quiet and not very intimidating.

Ok well i been there a thousand times since 74 i say your wrong.But for arguemenst sake what ground is so called imtimadating.....enlighten me

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:04 pm

Belmore in the old days was quite scary

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:24 pm

tiger4ever wrote: Ok well i been there a thousand times since 74 i say your wrong.But for arguemenst sake what ground is so called imtimadating.....enlighten me
That is your opinion, but based on my experience at pretty much all grounds in Sydney I disagree.

Doesn't mean I hate the joint, I just think it has a picnic atmosphere which is part of its charm.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:30 pm

picnic....lol

Im not saying you hate the place at all but you would like if we didnt play there im sure.

Ok once again what ground is imtimadating.

Anyway it must be loud enough its gets us home doesnt it.It normally sways refs decisions in our favour.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:55 pm

tiger4ever wrote:picnic....lol

Im not saying you hate the place at all but you would like if we didnt play there im sure.

Ok once again what ground is imtimadating.

Anyway it must be loud enough its gets us hme doesnt it.It normally sways refs decisions in our favour.
Yes picnic. You know, sitting on a rug. That is watching football at leichhardt.

I really don't want to dignify your next comment with a response, but anyway, I would love to see the ground redeveloped such that we play 6 games at both venues and pull crowds of 20,000+ in relative comfort.

I have found para, penrith, sfs, kogarah and brookvale more intimidating.

It may be true the crowd helps with refs, but opposition teams like playing at leichhardt. I really don't like that.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:59 pm

oppositions dont like playing at leichhardt at all coz they know the penalty count will go heavily against them as it did last night
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:04 pm

Steveo they love playing at leichhardt and getting beaten......yes im sure they do.

I never bring a rug so thats what i been missing.Thanks bakerloo

All the grounds you mentioned except sfs have just as much hill maybe you havent been to them enough.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:09 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Steveo they love playing at leichhardt and getting beaten......yes im sure they do.

All the grounds you mentioned except sfs have just as much hill maybe you havent been to them enough.
are u agreeing with me? i cant realy tell lol
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:18 pm

steve-o wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:Steveo they love playing at leichhardt and getting beaten......yes im sure they do.

are u agreeing with me? i cant realy tell lol

Sure am mate... ;)

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:23 pm

haha good stuff. im a bit slow tonight
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:49 pm

tiger4ever wrote: I never bring a rug so thats what i been missing.Thanks bakerloo.
Not a problem. It had been a pleasure.

Tigerpride

Post by Tigerpride » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:55 pm

Ive noticed this at almost every home game this year, minus the souths game at the footy stadium (Look how good we played in that game). Fire up everyone! I have one eye set on the bulldogs game at CSS. This game could kick start the passion.

Posted using RoarFEED

alien

Post by alien » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 12:50 am

helmesy wrote:It was too cold to be noisey!
:lol: