Page 1 of 1

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 5:36 pm
by citizen cub
It's not Blair's fault Gibbs has been released by WT and anyway WT are yet to sign Blair, for all we know WT could be after another quality foward.

FTR, I never remember Gibbs singling out a player and I don't think (in such an important game) he'll be doing so this time. He'll be going about his business professionally as he does week after week and has been year after year.

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 5:45 pm
by barra
Gibbs Vs Blair indeed...

Game averages this season calculated from nrl stats;

Gibbs 1.88m/104kg: 47 minutes played, 9.6 hit ups, 80.5m, 20 tackles, 1 missed tackle, .5 errors.
Blair 1.88m/108kg; 74 minutes played, 11.4 hit ups, 77.4m, 26 tackles, 2.4 missed tackles, .7 errors.

Interestingly Gibbs missing only about 5% of tackles while Blair misses nearly 10%.
Blair has about 1.5 offloads and Gibbs .25.

Good match-up and I think Bryce has plenty of pride to play for. Lookin forward to watching these two!

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 5:49 pm
by Paris Cobbs
willow wrote:Controlled aggression is what the Tigers need this week. If the side has good line speed in defence and can cut down on the time Cronk and Widdop have with the ball, then they're a good chance. If they sit back on their heels Melbourne will give it to them. As for Gibbs, as long as he defends well around the ruck and carts the ball up hard, I'll be happy.
Agreed, plus I want to see the side-step again! Does Blair have a side-step? I don't think so.

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 12:18 am
by tigers05
no contest and no event, lets got on with the game

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 2:17 am
by redemption
Paris Cobbs wrote:
willow wrote:Controlled aggression is what the Tigers need this week. If the side has good line speed in defence and can cut down on the time Cronk and Widdop have with the ball, then they're a good chance. If they sit back on their heels Melbourne will give it to them. As for Gibbs, as long as he defends well around the ruck and carts the ball up hard, I'll be happy.
Agreed, plus I want to see the side-step again! Does Blair have a side-step? I don't think so.
Blair has a big side-step mate - his biggest asset in attack is his footwork at the line to create space before the collision!!!

Do some of you people actually watch other teams play????

Having said that - I'd prefer to see Gibbo & Fifita stay!!!

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 2:24 am
by redemption
innsaneink wrote:"I just want the win"
"Play in the spirit of the game"
"May the best man win"

puke
But you want to see an individual take their personal frustrations out on the field to the detriment of the team?????

Fair dinkum ink ..... dumb stuff!!!!

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:30 am
by hybrid_tiger
Gibbs will have a point to prove, and may look for Blair when defending, but don't think we'll see much.

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:39 am
by Tiger Watto
Lol... I don't think Blair will be too worried. Seriously???

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:39 am
by happy tiger
hybrid_tiger wrote:Gibbs will have a point to prove, and may look for Blair when defending, but don't think we'll see much.
I think they will both have a point to prove . Especially if Blair has already signed . Might be a bit of niggle . Blair will try and endear himself to his new club and its fans

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:43 am
by crouching_tiger
Paris Cobbs wrote:
willow wrote:Controlled aggression is what the Tigers need this week. If the side has good line speed in defence and can cut down on the time Cronk and Widdop have with the ball, then they're a good chance. If they sit back on their heels Melbourne will give it to them. As for Gibbs, as long as he defends well around the ruck and carts the ball up hard, I'll be happy.
Agreed, plus I want to see the side-step again! Does Blair have a side-step? I don't think so.
Does Blair have a dummy that could fool a fullback?? Does Blair know when to give away smart penalties to save the team when they're scrambling??

Gibbs is a GRUB!! But he's OUR grub!!

Smash'em Gibbo!!

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 10:50 am
by cunno
Gibbsy is playing for us, give it to them Gibbsy :sign:

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:05 am
by innsaneink
redemption wrote:
innsaneink wrote:"I just want the win"
"Play in the spirit of the game"
"May the best man win"

puke
But you want to see an individual take their personal frustrations out on the field to the detriment of the team?????

Fair dinkum ink ..... dumb stuff!!!!
Looks like my post was edited, THEN deleted....make up your minds mods!
Soft indeed. ')

Red, your comprehension is again under question.....dunno how you come to the conclusion
you do by what I wrote.
To summarise I'd just love to see a good old fashioned one on one contest between to two not unlike Laurie & Moi Moi

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:56 am
by farahfan
citizen cub wrote:It's not Blair's fault Gibbs has been released by WT and anyway WT are yet to sign Blair, for all we know WT could be after another quality foward.

FTR, I never remember Gibbs singling out a player and I don't think (in such an important game) he'll be doing so this time. He'll be going about his business professionally as he does week after week and has been year after year.
o'meley, and we all know what happened there

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 2:03 pm
by tiger05
farahfan I never read you posts because I can never get past your avatars.

Keep up the good work.

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 5:17 pm
by Tigerdave
tiger05 wrote:farahfan I never read you posts because I can never get past your avatars.

Keep up the good work.
what he said

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 5:20 pm
by tig_prmz
Sheens= master of gameplans.
stick to it, then Tigs win.

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 6:43 pm
by Aladinsane
Gibbs will play great for the rest of the season if he stays injury free....and will break his try break before the seasons end

Re: Gibbs vs Blair

Posted: Sat 18 Jun, 2011 8:47 pm
by cunno
Tigerdave wrote:
tiger05 wrote:farahfan I never read you posts because I can never get past your avatars.

Keep up the good work.
what he said
Me three, they always look like they have good personalities.