Moltzen starting half

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
tiger05

Re: Moltzen starting half

Post by tiger05 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm a Moltzen fan but he was starting to lose me out there today. The dumb kick and the dumb penalty were bad. In saying that he was a lot better than Lui has been.

Moltzen can be a gun but he needs to take the line on and focus on playing smart not dumb footy.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:11 pm

Well,he aint a one thats for sure,& he aint a four...& Lui certainly added more spark at 7 when he came on.
Moltzen will get another chance next week in Benjis absence,& Lui will be in his favorite postion at 6.
Will be interesting to see how they both perform

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:24 pm

If Bengi is out maybe Miller on the bench if the halves are not going any good Moltzen can cover center giving Miller a go we need something to cover Bengi loss i just dont think these two cut it sorry

slacko

Post by slacko » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:28 pm

I prefer him as a fullback, with simona playing well enough to keep his centre spot for the mean time I was Hoping it was mckinnons time over.

Posted using RoarFEED
eternal optimist.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:30 pm

I prefer Moltzen playing with Balmain because thats where its at .

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:35 pm

moltzen needs time in state cup to get his speed and timing back.He's to good of a player to be in the wilderness to long and he's too much of a confidence player to keep playing like a busted
Number 1 souffs hater

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:51 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:moltzen needs time in state cup to get his speed and timing back.He's to good of a player to be in the wilderness to long and he's too much of a confidence player to keep playing like a busted
Too late for that IMO.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:52 pm

i havent read this thread yet - but this guy is still recovering. he needs more time. i'm talking 2012. In the meantime.....
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:26 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:i havent read this thread yet - but this guy is still recovering. he needs more time. i'm talking 2012. In the meantime.....
That's the thing, there were a couple of times today when the Tigers had the Storm backpeddling, one particular time in the second half where Moltzen had the ball at 5/8 and there was a bit of a gap that had opened up, but he passed instead...I reckon the Moltzen of 2009 would have thrown a neat dummy, straightened his line and gone through to possibly score. Who knows what position he is training in during the week, but he's not looking settled in any one position he plays in at the moment and that is a problem.

Lui looks to have more options with the ball in hand, but his defence was again poor today, despite being relegated to the bench because his defence is so weak at the moment.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:41 pm

willow wrote:one particular time in the second half where Moltzen had the ball at 5/8 and there was a bit of a gap that had opened up, but he passed instead...I reckon the Moltzen of 2009 would have thrown a neat dummy, straightened his line and gone through to possibly score.
This annoyed me too. He isn't playing with that speed that he used to have. On top of that he is making dumb plays. Benji might pass it to the ground 10 times today but he also sets up tries and breaks as easy as anything. Moltzen had a good chance and didn't take it.
willow wrote:Lui looks to have more options with the ball in hand, but his defence was again poor today, despite being relegated to the bench because his defence is so weak at the moment.
I'm doubting Lui more and more as well.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:51 pm

hey what about the greatest fotballer in the world... shouldnt he take the line on and have a run occasionly...

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:22 pm

I got to be honest I don't think think i have disliked a player as much since Daniel Fitzhenry. Might be a bad way of putting things. However I just hate the petulance and lack of 1% er's in his game. Last week a petulent push against the Warriors costs us. THis week a ball goes behind him and hits the deck and he stands there and slumps his shoulders. Sum of his efforts at saving tries, just pushing players, not putting the shoulder in.

Honestly these sorts of things are part and parcel of being a professional footballer. He just doesn't do it well enough. I really get annoyed with it, because you don't mind if a player goes poorly if he is constantly ripping in and being professional. Moltzen has petulance in his game for mine and puts his body on the line most the time.

Cats Fan

Post by Cats Fan » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:31 pm

I will keep it simple, Moltzen is currently not up to first grade standard!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:43 pm

Kul wrote:Everyone on the hill was loving him, especially that kick!

Posted using RoarFEED
Obviously doesn't take much to please the hill... J Mo at 7 looked like SOO material compared to Timmy Choo Shoes Moltzen today. I was happy to wait for him to find some confidence, but after today, I'm not sure he will ever get back... What as gone on with this kid?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:24 pm

I don't know what the thinking was with playing Moltzen at half back but was a failure in attack anyway . No confidence at all . What will happen next week with no Benji ??

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:26 pm

He was overhyped because we won a few games when he was wearing the #7 jersey after putting up with John Morris for three years. If people watched closely they would realize he has barely no attributes that a quality halfback should have. The only thing he has is speed. No organisional skills, no kicking game.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:41 pm

As much as I love the kid, It's getting Harder and harder to like what he does on the field.

Moltzen 2009 is miles better than Moltzen 2011 - He looks like a shadow of his former self, and like people are saying, he is actually BUTCHERING tries, not creating them.

Moltzen 2009 used to smile, and rev himself up.

Moltzen 2011 is always pouting when the camera is on him.

It's not looking good.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:44 pm

underdog wrote:As much as I love the kid, It's getting Harder and harder to like what he does on the field.

Moltzen 2009 is miles better than Moltzen 2011 - He looks like a shadow of his former self, and like people are saying, he is actually BUTCHERING tries, not creating them.

Moltzen 2009 used to smile, and rev himself up.

Moltzen 2011 is always pouting when the camera is on him.

It's not looking good.
Maybe its time to release him and start trying the new talent through My worry is when do we say enough is enough . We can't persist until the end of next season . If he is fulllback next season and plays like this this we will finish 12th or worse in my opinion Clubs will kill us bombs and pressure