Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Chris

Let the bagging begin!!!

Post by Chris » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 4:57 pm

We lost, fire away boys!

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 4:58 pm

We lost because of the referees and the boring dirty Storm tactics oh and Benji went off then we had nothing.

so not going to bag our team on this one

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 4:59 pm

We lost 12-4 to Melbourne, not cronulla

I'm not angry, disappointed but not angry

Posted using RoarFEED
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 4:59 pm

What dirty tactics??? Didn't the better team win?

Posted using RoarFEED

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:02 pm

They are the most dirtiest team I have ever seen their tactics of wresting in the tackles and all that rubbish is really screwing the game up

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:03 pm

They dominate the ruck so well when the refs let them lay all over the ball carrier as they did today. Farah said on ABC grandstand he couldn't buy a penalty whenever he thought he had caught their markers offside.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:05 pm

Golden wrote:They are the most dirtiest team I have ever seen their tactics of wresting in the tackles and all that rubbish is really screwing the game up
Coaching within the rules. Give the Storm credit - thay had a shocker last year - plent of players leaving - and where are they this year - leading the comp.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:07 pm

Golden wrote:They are the most dirtiest team I have ever seen their tactics of wresting in the tackles and all that rubbish is really screwing the game up
Whilst ever its legal I have no problem with it.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:08 pm

Muffstar wrote:
Coaching within the rules. Give the Storm credit - thay had a shocker last year - plent of players leaving - and where are they this year - leading the comp.
It does not matter with Personal with the storm, they use the same tactics year after year and it is at its most worst right now

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:12 pm

Golden wrote:
Muffstar wrote:
It does not matter with Personal with the storm, they use the same tactics year after year and it is at its most worst right now
sour grapes

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:12 pm

We got beat today but our effort was 100%. I won't be bagging my side because we got done trying.

What I do find interesting is the amount of storm players, third man in who aren't even attempting a tackle. There were a couple of hits low as the third man in that were clearly shoulders only, no arms. This is akin to playing at the legs f a kicker and it is filth in my book.

Sure, it may be legal but I would hate to see anyone get hurt. I would certainly be pissed if the Tigers did it to Billy Slater or Cameron Smith and they got injured.

Why is it, that a team such as Melbourne who could be world beaters, are always the first to go over the line in terms of sportsmanship and fair play.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:18 pm

Melbourne are scum. Simple as that.

We tried today but our attack is a complete shambles, we have nothing.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:19 pm

Kul wrote:We lost 12-4 to Melbourne, not cronulla

Posted using RoarFEED
Same here
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:20 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Kul wrote:We lost 12-4 to Melbourne, not cronulla

Posted using RoarFEED
Same here
x3...we just werent good enough but the effort was there.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:21 pm

Well, what can you say?

Melbourne were as defensively sound as I have ever seen them play. We were defensively sound as i'd ever seen us play - To some degree I agree with Golden - it at times was a boring game.

Melbourne have always been grubby and gotten away with it. We know it. The Tigers know it. Thats a part of life.

To see our boys go 100% was fantastic. To see them lose was disappointing.

The final 10 minutes without Marshall was.... interesting..... at best, and will require the most attention by Sheens during the week. Its probably something we should get used to, as it will probably be Lui and Moltzen in the halves next week against the Doggies. Moltzens bomb was an absolute screamer, however some of his other decisions were questionable at best - Rolling the ball into touch at the end was one which stood out as bizarre.

Overall the boys looked better than they did against the warriors last week, but came up against much much better drilled opposition. The tigers from years gone by would have fallen away and lost that game 28-4.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:22 pm

were never really going to challenge them

Tigerpride

Post by Tigerpride » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:29 pm

How the hell are we to play attacking football with the way THEY hold the play the ball down?

Posted using RoarFEED

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 5:32 pm

The Tigers forwards played well, they went forward, defended strongly for the most part but the Tigers backline again failed to fire. Have to give credit to the Storm's defence. There were several times where the Tigers had them stretched but slow passes or misdirected passes allowed the Storm to scramble, and they scrambled very well today. I don't think any team would have beat them today based on what I've seen this weekend.