ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
shane2801

Re: Let the bagging begin!!!

Post by shane2801 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:
shane2801 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Melbourne are scum. Simple as that.

We tried today but our attack is a complete shambles, we have nothing.

Mature statement?
Apt statement.
They are scum
Sika Manu on Mckinnon?
So one brain explosion by one player entirely puts their whole side in the same context? Smart.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:30 pm

king sirro wrote:We should have got at least 4 penalties in the first half with them holding down and Cronk being blatently off side when we were attacking their line. And when we did get any penalties, they were on the first tackle, we never got one on the 3rd or 4th tackle when they can really help us.

I didnt notice it as much in the 2nd half, but in the first the refs were a joke.

And how does the worlds best 5/8 throw so many passes to the ground?

Thats the million dollar question....lol.

Its not unusual unfortunantly.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:31 pm

The storm may have been the better side today but what gets me no Bengi no attack our backs were all at sea so what do we do next week without Bengi dont tell me our present halves are the answer Moltzens bomb was a beauty but setting up plays i am not so sure he is not a playmaker any thoughts on next weeks halves

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:32 pm

Its simple....this club is run by Muppets....the NRL is run by Muppets.....probably why I watch more AFL and my beloved Geelong Cats more these days :deadhorse:

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:32 pm

shane2801 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
shane2801 wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Melbourne are scum. Simple as that.

We tried today but our attack is a complete shambles, we have nothing.

Mature statement?
Apt statement.
They are scum
Sika Manu on Mckinnon?
So one brain explosion by one player entirely puts their whole side in the same context? Smart.
What planet you been on?
Its been going on with their club for years....11 years.
Find yourself an NRL history teacher

seadoggy

Post by seadoggy » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:47 pm

the team plays to the best of their ability every week ....... sadly that ability is not on par with the top teams, but I am happy with their effort in a difficult game, the storm are unquestionably the most frustrating team to play, the ruck is a shambles with their tactics. As for us, our attack lacks complete confidence, farah is so far out of form it's a worry, benji just does not look like he is enjoying his footy anymore, lui and moltzen are not the best half backs in the club, moltzen is not a centre either, and that is not to say they are not putting in the effort, the team as a whole works their butt off each week, we just do not have the class and professionalism of the top teams at the moment, we sorely miss tuquiri, lawrence and payten, coupled with the loss of utai, that's a lot of strikepower out of the game for us. Robbie farah's future now depends on whether he can vary his game and change it for the better, opposition teams have him worked out this year, just watch him drift across field and pick off his runners, he doesn't have the pace at the moment to threaten the line, and no matter how many times he runs into a marker, the refs are not going to give him a penalty, so time to give that up. we are just not sharp enough in attack at the moment, but one positive is our defence over 80 minutes has improved dramatically, if we can pick a backline with players in positions they are suited for we can look to some improvement towards the end of the season. As for the semis ..... don't think we are going to be there, probably just outside them.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:53 pm

We were never going beat the storm in a arm wrestle, they are the masters at that but that is what we tried to do.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:56 pm

Ink, thats garbage. We are all dissapointed after today. I suppose Slater is overrated as well? Probably the worst thread started today.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Post by 851 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:59 pm

spaceman wrote:Its simple....this club is run by Muppets....the NRL is run by Muppets.....probably why I watch more AFL and my beloved Geelong Cats more these days :deadhorse:
Hope that is the last we hear and see from you,don't let the door hit you on the way out,go the cats :lol: ,Magpies will beat them at the end any way.
Go hard or go home

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:12 pm

alexaki wrote:What dirty tactics??? Didn't the better team win?

Posted using RoarFEED
You didn't hear that Tim sheens said that the Storm had reverted back to their old ways. Kneeing Gareth in a muscle was one mentioned among others.

clontarfkid
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:26 pm

seadoggy wrote:the team plays to the best of their ability every week ....... sadly that ability is not on par with the top teams, but I am happy with their effort in a difficult game, the storm are unquestionably the most frustrating team to play, the ruck is a shambles with their tactics. As for us, our attack lacks complete confidence, farah is so far out of form it's a worry, benji just does not look like he is enjoying his footy anymore, lui and moltzen are not the best half backs in the club, moltzen is not a centre either, and that is not to say they are not putting in the effort, the team as a whole works their butt off each week, we just do not have the class and professionalism of the top teams at the moment, we sorely miss tuquiri, lawrence and payten, coupled with the loss of utai, that's a lot of strikepower out of the game for us. Robbie farah's future now depends on whether he can vary his game and change it for the better, opposition teams have him worked out this year, just watch him drift across field and pick off his runners, he doesn't have the pace at the moment to threaten the line, and no matter how many times he runs into a marker, the refs are not going to give him a penalty, so time to give that up. we are just not sharp enough in attack at the moment, but one positive is our defence over 80 minutes has improved dramatically, if we can pick a backline with players in positions they are suited for we can look to some improvement towards the end of the season. As for the semis ..... don't think we are going to be there, probably just outside them.
Actually the individuals in our team DO have the ability ,but they arent motivated to play to their respective potential week in week out,AND they play with weak strategies to exploit respective oppostion,AND their individaul skills on simple things like passing the ball to a support player,not running into touchline,not kicking an an early tackle count ,& overall kicking game are under-optimised.
Its spellt COACH,& enjoy as we have him for another 3.5 years :brick:

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:37 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:Melbourne are by far the dirtiest team in the comp.The guys on the radio said manu should of been sent of for the crusher(didnt see it so no comment)And they are the refs pets when it comes to the ruck
Wasn't a crusher, watch it again. Unnecessary and overly aggressive yes, but not a crusher.
The problem with the Tigers is we want every team to play they way it suits us and we can't get down and dirty to match sides when they play that way. Our forwards don't want a bar of it so we go sideways and put ourselves under pressure as i said a few weeks ago our pack are pussies and they showed it once again today and Fafita is number one cheif head honcho Pusssiee, too much stand and fend not enough bump and grind.
He'll amount to nothing you heard it here first mark my words.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:06 pm

Except for kicking game, a couple of tactics and the disability of backs to finish off set moves, the game was good.

However, the most important thing of all:

EVERY FRIGGIN PERSON GAVE 100%.
Everyone was trying hard and you could see right from the start, they were there to win.
Congrats Tim Sheens.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:26 pm

don't you love the comments that sour grapes conjure.'they're scum','they're cheats' :blah :blah :blah truth is they deserve credit for the way they've come back this yr.How many clubs could come back from what they have had to come back from,and end up on top of the ladder the very next yr.By all rights that club should have folded.Shows how much character the place has.They did their time,move on

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:40 pm

Our completion rate was near 80% , that is higher then it was in any of our last 3 wins. We controlled the ball well , and defended well . Our attack wasn't good enough to beat Melbourne defense. we only conceded 12 points , if we do that every game we will most games .

Posted using RoarFEED
Wests for life !

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:51 pm

Geeze, in front of a huge home crowd our boys didn't lift.
So who's to blame, you would have expected us to rise to the occaision for a number of reasons, we had no origin players so here was our chance to shove it up to the selectors, Failed!.
The Storm had players missing after Origin so We were on paper the superior team, Failed!.
The forum supporters finally got their way with Moltzen at 1/2 back, Failed!.
A ground record crowd that should have bought the home side home in the 2nd half, Failed!.
Am I suicidal over the result, no.
While I thought we were the superior side on paper we were beaten.
However one aspect of the Storms defence perturbs me, while our defensive players are content to wrap up the ball I noticed that the Melbourne defenders are going back to all the grubby things that made us hate them Alongside of them being the All Star salary cap cheats.
Sika Manu's sickening crusher tackle aside around half of the tackles by the Storm saw the 3rd or 4th defender deliberatly attack the legs of an attacking player already held in the torso region.
A new/recent tactic that should be stamped out ASAP!.

glebe_tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:59 pm

melbourne are the kings of the wrestle and controlling the ruck, even after the rule changes they still master this aspect. our ruck play is junk, we dont hold the opposing teams down long enough and get crucified by the opposition when we're attacking. people here say its been going on for years well we cant expect teams to play a quick game like us and expect the favours in return, until we win the battle of the ruck and go forward we can sign whoever and we will still not beat teams like the storm when it counts. and farah better forget about trying to catch markers offside and milking penalties, it aint happening this year and the refs are doing him no favours there.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:07 pm

Rambo2714 wrote:Our completion rate was near 80% , that is higher then it was in any of our last 3 wins. We controlled the ball well , and defended well . Our attack wasn't good enough to beat Melbourne defense. we only conceded 12 points , if we do that every game we will most games .

Posted using RoarFEED
The Tigers completed 81% of their sets against the Warriors, they were at 75% today.