they TALKED THE TALK,,,

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
AmericanHistoryX

Re: they TALKED THE TALK,,,

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:20 pm

ED, after all these years I think its the latter - therin lies your cancer. Sheens has to call bellamy and bennett this week on the phone. Sometimes i think Sheens lives in the clouds. But if anyone can do it it is Sheens - he has been to the top before.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:21 pm

Our forwards were awesome today except for not running options when we were deep on the attack. Which is beginning to really annoy me.

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:34 pm

It's not all lost. Only round 15 and campbelltown will be packed Friday. Time to tough it out and grind it out against the dogs.

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:16 pm

Seems most think our forwards were OK....

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:Seems most think our forwards were OK....
Agreed, Sauce ran some strong hitups particularly in the first half, Gibbs was very strong defensively, he and Blair shared comments a number of times, they gave it to woolnough, Heighno didn't take a backward step, Ellis was great, these forwards come to mind and I didn't think Farah had a bad game either despite comments to the contrary in other threads. As has been mentioned by others, the storm are good a spoiler tactics and will continue mto do so while ever they are allowed to by the refs and then by their opponents.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:34 pm

i think you're okay.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 7:21 am

yeah your probably right ,i was letting the emotion take over.. have watched the replay and our backs were woeful.....but i still want to see our pack totaly dominate another teams pack...norrie,woolnough.lowrie to name 3 are not what youd call top line first graders...bellamy is a top coach when he can throw a bunch of just first graders in with a few champions and have the side leading the comp.....

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 8:37 am

IMO only Ellis and Galloway consistently play well.

Gibbs hit hard in defense today because he had a point to prove but was limited in attack. Heighington as always tried hard but his work is all about quantity, not quality.

I can't wait for Blair. He will be another Ellis.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:06 am

Forwards were very good yesterday . Backs looked like they had no time when they got the ball . Made no sense really with the go forward we were getting . Why I just don't understand why Lui did not start . With that sort of go forward I reckon Lui would of had a field day . Very confused at our selections at the moment ....

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:11 am

Storm outside backs had line speed all game. We had guys walking up off the defensive line after 25 (barring Simona who I liked today)

Our forwards got alot of the work done but our backline lost any momentum gained

EggButterRoll99

Post by EggButterRoll99 » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:16 am

Worst performance I have ever seen from the tigers since the 50-10 thrashing by the Rabbitohs last year at the SCG. On top of that Benji getting injured and i just heard that he is out for the Bulldogs game at campbeltown on friday night, we do not stand a chance against the Bulldogs with Barba, Pritchard, Morris, Idris and Goodwin.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 10:43 am

Ed Reschs wrote:It's not all lost. Only round 15 and campbelltown will be packed Friday. Time to tough it out and grind it out against the dogs.

Posted using RoarFEED

Would it be politically correct to raise the issue of the motorway, well in advance?

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 11:14 am

innsaneink wrote:Our foarwards werent outplayed, they did there job....we had the majority of field position
The good ball carries from our forwards are sporadic, not one after the other to get a roll on and create space for the outside men like they should be doing. That aside the outside backs just want to stand flat and are slow and boring anyhow.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 11:35 am

EggButterRoll99 wrote:Worst performance I have ever seen from the tigers since the 50-10 thrashing by the Rabbitohs last year at the SCG.
Really?

The effort was there which is in stark contrast to,

#the manly game last year where the boys couldnt be bothered defending their line @ Gosford

#our very lucky victory against a pathetic sharks outfit on a sat night last year @ Leichhardt

#our performance against the bunnies in the second game last year where they were descimated by injury and came back to score an unlikely victory.

#our poor losses to Brisbane and Gold coast this year

#our poor wins against Penrith and Newcastle this year.

These were all worse games by the team than yesterday since that black day against souths last year.

We had a real go yesterday, just werent good enough.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 11:38 am

yeah well put stryker....that penrith win was one of the worst games of rugby league i think ive seen ....but we are really struggling to beat the teams above us on the table ... thats gotta be a worry imo ....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:56 pm

Vicious wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Our foarwards werent outplayed, they did there job....we had the majority of field position
The good ball carries from our forwards are sporadic, not one after the other to get a roll on and create space for the outside men like they should be doing. That aside the outside backs just want to stand flat and are slow and boring anyhow.
We rarely play that way, therell be one forawrd hit up then spread it wideish. Another forward angling back infield, then wide back the other way, kick on the fifth. Never bang bang bang wide kick

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:53 pm

I thought the forwards did quite well and the NRL Stats show they did better than the Storm forwards.

Gibbs was only on for 40 minutes, yet he had 9 carries for 68 metres and made 21 tackles.
Galloway was on for 47 minutes and made 33 tackles and had 11 runs for 102 metres.
Dwyer was on for 73 minutes and made 30 tackles and had 11 runs for 72 metres.
Ellis played for 80 minutes, made 35 tackles and had 15 very strong runs for 126 metres.
Heighington played for 70 minutes and made 127 metres from 16 runs and completed 29 tackles.
Woods did the best of the bench with 12 runs for 97 metres and making 13 tackles in the 31 minutes he was on.

The Storm forwards figures were not as good as these.

While our defence was fairly good, our attack was quite poor. After the forwards got us good field position, the backs wasted most opportunities with lots of cross-field running. Ayshford was the only back straightening the attack, so he made 132 metres from 15 runs, which was the team’s best.

Our kicking game was about Under 15 competition standard. Even though we (stupidly) kicked early in the tackle counts, the Storm kick-returns failed to allow us to apply pressure. The Club needs a kicking coach to improve this skill and then we need improvement IN THE KICK CHASE FROM THE WHOLE TEAM!