Assorted thoughts on today

Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval

Re: Assorted thoughts on today

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:14 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Is there any way to see footage of the under 20's game from yesterday?
That's the trouble with Channel 9 choosing us for FTA, at least on Foxsports for the Saturday and Sunday games they show the NYC youngsters, it's a double edged sword, when we are going well we are on FTA but when we are on FTA we have a shocker.

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 10:05 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Our game plan wasn't right. We tried to take the storm on out wide, but there cover defence just swarms. We would look for a play on the blindside off a scrum in our own quater of the field. Wouldn't we be better served running the plays up the middle and then offloading and attacking the fringes?

Fifita made a couple of poor reads in his first stint and I think that is why he was pulled after 10 off minutes in the first half. These defensive errors were costly.

We looked more potent in attack when Lui came on. I know to a degree he deserves the bad press he gets on here but it was blantantly obvious today that we look slicker with him there. If Benji is injured, how is his combination with Miller?

Lastly I think we played as well as they let us play. We won the penalty's, we had more posession, but they made us play wide and easily gobbled us up.

Sheens, we have maybe two weeks to get things right. We have the squad now to win without Benji, but it needs to come together now!

Best game I have seen Dwyer play this year.
I think this is a good summary of the game! We tried hard but our kicking and attack were of a very poor standard. The only time we were in the game was when the forwards had the ball.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 10:27 pm

I think the over-use of short kicks on early tackles was a response to the fact that the Storm were never back the ten metres.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Old Bluebag

Post by Old Bluebag » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:55 pm

Has there been any discussion about the disallowed Gibbs' try? It came at a crucial part of the game and I would have thought that it would have been a talking point. Did he drop it? Was it stripped? Do we still have 'Benefit of the doubt'? Whatever.
If there has been discussion and I missed it I'm sorry.