Do you rate our attack?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: Do you rate our attack?

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:04 pm

Often go wide too early.
Our attack is inconsistent, theres no way we can keep it at its peak thoughout an entire game, too up and down


Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:05 pm

Take Benji out of the side and our attack is far and away the worst in the competition. If he misses a few games we`ll find this out the hard way.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 8024
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:Often go wide too early.
...and too often.

Save it for when winger has dropped back or defence is up on your face.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:14 pm

Vicious wrote:Take Benji out of the side and our attack is far and away the worst in the competition. If he misses a few games we`ll find this out the hard way.
You'd be surprised how effective Lui and Moltzen can be as a combo. Just because we use Marshall so much doesn't mean he's our only trick. If you have the best player in the world in your team you're gonna want to give the ball to him a lot. I personally hope Lui and Moltzen are given a go against the Dogs. I think it'd be a great chance for Moltzen and Lui to put a lot of hate to rest.

User avatar
TIGERDAVIS
Member
Member
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:40 pm
Location: Leichhardt Oval :)

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:16 pm

how many times did we kick on the third tackle today?!
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 8024
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:18 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Vicious wrote:Take Benji out of the side and our attack is far and away the worst in the competition. If he misses a few games we`ll find this out the hard way.
You'd be surprised how effective Lui and Moltzen can be as a combo. Just because we use Marshall so much doesn't mean he's our only trick. If you have the best player in the world in your team you're gonna want to give the ball to him a lot. I personally hope Lui and Moltzen are given a go against the Dogs. I think it'd be a great chance for Moltzen and Lui to put a lot of hate to rest.
I agree.

I think it would be good if they both played together once.
It will scare the team, by knowing we have other attacking options as well.

ATM, teams focus too much on Benji,
but once Lui or Moltzen show their attacking skills,
the attention may shift a little, and later Benji can shine.

Am I just trolling?
I'm really excited for this game !!!
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3499
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:22 pm

What attack? all our attack is is Benji drifting sideways dummying to inside runners then either playing to a short flat runner or playing long and most of the time when he hits the flat runner it should of went deep second man. When defence holds and slides and just watches it unfold our attack doesn't exist.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:26 pm

Lui and Moltzen have skills that the Tigers don't use. Without Marshall we'll see more of those immense bombs from Moltzen. Lui will have more reign over the short kicks. Lui will take our long kicks and will win us much better field position. Moltzen has a very decent option passing game too and Lui is deadly close to the line. These two boys are no pushovers. They're just extras in the Benji Marshall show. When they play the lead we'll see some magic I feel.

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:27 pm

TIGER wrote:What attack? all our attack is is Benji drifting sideways dummying to inside runners then either playing to a short flat runner or playing long and most of the time when he hits the flat runner it should of went deep second man. When defence holds and slides and just watches it unfold our attack doesn't exist.
He runs sideways waiting for someone to run onto the football. We have less willing ball runners than any other side in the NRL and if we had a 5/8 who played direct such as Kieran Foran he`d get smashed all day as unlike other clubs we have very few players who are willing to stand a little deep and run onto the football at speed.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:31 pm

Vicious wrote:
TIGER wrote:What attack? all our attack is is Benji drifting sideways dummying to inside runners then either playing to a short flat runner or playing long and most of the time when he hits the flat runner it should of went deep second man. When defence holds and slides and just watches it unfold our attack doesn't exist.
He runs sideways waiting for someone to run onto the football. We have less willing ball runners than any other side in the NRL and if we had a 5/8 who played direct such as Kieran Foran he`d get smashed all day as unlike other clubs we have very few players who are willing to stand a little deep and run onto the football at speed.
I totally agree and it boggles my mind. We have the best player in the game at opening gaps (and Farah would probably be in the top 5 at the same skill) and Dwyer seems to be about the only player that hits them at speed. Lawrence does it too and we obviously miss him. The other players like Fulton, Fifita and Ellis only do it when we're 10 out and a try looks on. Other than that Benji finds himself dancing across field with five gaps appearing but no runners and in the end either turns around and tries to do the same in the other direction or hits Ayshford/Ryan and play ends.

Vicious
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vicious » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:39 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Vicious wrote:
TIGER wrote:What attack? all our attack is is Benji drifting sideways dummying to inside runners then either playing to a short flat runner or playing long and most of the time when he hits the flat runner it should of went deep second man. When defence holds and slides and just watches it unfold our attack doesn't exist.
He runs sideways waiting for someone to run onto the football. We have less willing ball runners than any other side in the NRL and if we had a 5/8 who played direct such as Kieran Foran he`d get smashed all day as unlike other clubs we have very few players who are willing to stand a little deep and run onto the football at speed.
I totally agree and it boggles my mind. We have the best player in the game at opening gaps (and Farah would probably be in the top 5 at the same skill) and Dwyer seems to be about the only player that hits them at speed. Lawrence does it too and we obviously miss him. The other players like Fulton, Fifita and Ellis only do it when we're 10 out and a try looks on. Other than that Benji finds himself dancing across field with five gaps appearing but no runners and in the end either turns around and tries to do the same in the other direction or hits Ayshford/Ryan and play ends.
That`s it in a nutshell. That`s my point, how would we beat any other NRL side without Benji?

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:41 pm

Lui and Moltzen's attacking game doesn't revolve around requiring option runners. It'll be a different type of attack. I saw footage of them in a trial together and they were far more direct and it was dynamic.

User avatar
cunno
Member
Member
Posts: 4389
Joined: Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:51 pm

Our attack was flat to watch but Melbourne were good at slowing down the ruck, Cronk was offside most of the game and the 10m was very skinny on many occasions all of which didn't help our attack in fact it stifled it. This can't be used as an excuse though because while ever referees allow these things to happen, our attack will be affected accordingly. Sheens and the team need to have other options for when such circumstances arise otherwise teams will easily shut us down every time.

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:06 pm

well, who will shut melbourne down? that was vintage premiership material football today. we were outclassed. but it aint over till the fat lady sings. blood in blood out. live the dream. life is too short. even if we lose we will always be winners. its the brotherhood that counts, not how many scalps we have taken. in other words, people get your act together and be bigger than the illawarra steelers dragons. we need much more banners in the crowd. where all the artists that supposedly live in Leichhardt? At least we know where tommy raudonikis is every state of origin. cmon like tiger05 says - man up.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 2022
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:12 pm

we look best when we throw it around.

we dont throw it around enough.

fifita, ellis, gibbs, fulton, galloway, heighington... all forwards that can offload well, but we rarely see any 2nd phase play.

on a side note- i thought melbourne were holding players down way too long and they controlled the game. they wrestled alot.

bigdamo
Member
Member
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu 25 Mar, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by bigdamo » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:15 pm

farrah is overated big time iwould have many hookers in front of this guy too soft in bad form to top it offf

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:19 pm

big damo are you in a hurry again - whatevr happened to your puctuation?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 10:40 am

with lui at half,lawrence and lote back on the left side,yeah,i think we can finish off more attacking raids and attack from deeper out.

as it stands right now,no

Post Reply