Todays game

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
bp tiger

Todays game

Post by bp tiger » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:51 pm

i think today proved moltzen is not a starting player he done nothing.i believe all the talk of players leaving has derailed our season. the defence was good but they looked like strangers in attack, we never looked like scoring points and why do we kick on the 3 or 4 tackle

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:07 pm

Moltzen out
Lui out
Sironen in
Miller in

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:56 pm

Who ever it is I hope they have a strong kicking game. We are terrible. Our short game is too long and our long game is too short. That little fancy grubber we try to do should be banned.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:25 pm

Moltzen's first bomb was a pearler. Gave our attackers every opportunity to get there. His kick for touch was disappointing and out of frustration.
Moltz has been scared out of taking ownership in this squad with the identity crisis Sheens has inflicted upon him. Needs to really make his presence felt onfield and take charge when opportunities arise.
When Marshall came off, that was Moltzen's time to step up. He tried his best at least.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:50 pm

moltzens overated tackle shy handbags at ten paces

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:53 pm

Moltz has been scared out of taking ownership in this squad with the identity crisis Sheens has inflicted upon him.
Surely Moltzen has to take some responsibility, it seems everyone wants to make excuses for him but at the end of the day his performances in 2011 have been mostly poor.

I saw enough in Sundays game to know that he is not an NRL quality halfback.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:56 pm

As I posted elsewhere:-

I thought the forwards did quite well and the NRL Stats show they did better than the Storm forwards.

Gibbs was only on for 40 minutes, yet he had 9 carries for 68 metres and made 21 tackles.
Galloway was on for 47 minutes and made 33 tackles and had 11 runs for 102 metres.
Dwyer was on for 73 minutes and made 30 tackles and had 11 runs for 72 metres.
Ellis played for 80 minutes, made 35 tackles and had 15 very strong runs for 126 metres.
Heighington played for 70 minutes and made 127 metres from 16 runs and completed 29 tackles.
Woods did the best of the bench with 12 runs for 97 metres and making 13 tackles in the 31 minutes he was on.

The Storm forwards figures were not as good as these.

While our defence was fairly good, our attack was quite poor. After the forwards got us good field position, the backs wasted most opportunities with lots of cross-field running. Ayshford was the only back straightening the attack, so he made 132 metres from 15 runs, which was the team’s best.

Our kicking game was about Under 15 competition standard. Even though we (stupidly) kicked early in the tackle counts, the Storm kick-returns failed to allow us to apply pressure. The Club needs a kicking coach to improve this skill and then we need improvement IN THE KICK CHASE!