Here is the problem with the NRL and the tigers in 2011

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Golden

Here is the problem with the NRL and the tigers in 2011

Post by Golden » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:05 pm

Well the NRL and ref's boss Bill Harrogant should be happy as the new NRL style of play where you slow down the play the ball as much as you can ensures exciting attacking teams like the roosters, tigers and raiders are forced to crab across field and can't score points as they get strangled in defence!!. So we're stuck with St Bore, Melbooring and Brisbanal

Lets face it, its the way the game is run now we had the style back in 05 its now dead until something else new comes up

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:11 pm

problem? we are only a win away from happiness. have faith. but sorry i cant confirm where the word faith comes from because in the God thread no one can explain it yet.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:12 pm

You're right Golden. I don't understand why the referees are ruling the game this way. It's unimpressive football.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:15 pm

guys, let the coaches challenge the referee.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:40 pm

do we seem to wrestle less than melbourne? i think so and it is hurting us. that being said, i hate the working the tackled play on the ground. get on with the game!

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:49 pm

the referees and the nrl control every game and this is the big reason why i havent seen a live game for the past two seasons , and why i will not become a member.....i get the more enjoyment out of rugby league when my cash is on a side .... my greatest love is now for junior football, where i get the most enjoyment.....
watching ans guiding young kids along the way ...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:51 pm

but you still have to pay taxes and come across a rbt. there is no escaping. accept your team for what they are.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:03 pm

Golden wrote:Well the NRL and ref's boss Bill Harrogant should be happy as the new NRL style of play where you slow down the play the ball as much as you can ensures exciting attacking teams like the roosters, tigers and raiders are forced to crab across field and can't score points as they get strangled in defence!!. So we're stuck with St Bore, Melbooring and Brisbanal

Lets face it, its the way the game is run now we had the style back in 05 its now dead until something else new comes up
Bwahahaha LOL very good golden....I needed a laff! :lol:

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:06 pm

Golden wrote:Well the NRL and ref's boss Bill Harrogant should be happy as the new NRL style of play where you slow down the play the ball as much as you can ensures exciting attacking teams like the roosters, tigers and raiders are forced to crab across field and can't score points as they get strangled in defence!!. So we're stuck with St Bore, Melbooring and Brisbanal

Agree, the influence of referee styles on the effectiveness of teams and therefore results is a worry and an issue the NRL should look seriously at. By the same token, the WTs will have to adapt and have a backup plan for when their attacking style is frustrated by refereeing which allows slow rucks, markers not standing correctly and less than 10m defensive lines.