That was the best we've played since the Canberra game

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
MacDougall

That was the best we've played since the Canberra game

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:11 pm

Just thought I'd put a little positivity out there. It really was a good performance by the Tigers. We were disciplined in possession (for the most part) and our defense was very good. The two tries they scored were just plain good attacking plays. We dominated a lot of that match. To be within 8 at half-time I actually thought we'd easily account for them but losing Marshall with 20 to go can't have helped. We are a final 20 side because of him.

Anyway, there are lots of negative posts (lots from me too) but I really am proud of the performance they put in. Melbourne are now ladder leaders after all, no easybeats. Just a few too many penalties coming out of their end and a couple of wayward passes and the game is different.

Oh and we pretty much played for 80 minutes today too. Haven't done that this year.
Last edited by MacDougall on Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:13 pm

maybe not the best but i hear you brother. i know what you mean.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigerdan

Post by tigerdan » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:15 pm

Agreed, they were much better than in recent weeks, especially ball control. Attack was just off tonight, wayward passes from marshall really lost our momentum at times, but we still had chances, just couldnt get over the line.

I think we are a better team this sunday than i did last sunday.
I don't support rugby league, i support the Tigers.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:16 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:maybe not the best but i hear you brother. i know what you mean.
Well the best full game at least. Obviously the last 20 against the Warriors was ridic.
Last edited by MacDougall on Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:16 pm

ummm yeah okay great :deadhorse:

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:18 pm

bigdamo wrote:ummm yeah okay great :deadhorse:
Hey, Melbourne are top of the table and we were their equals even without Lawrence, Tuqiri and Marshall for the last period (our strongest period). I understand that losing pretty is useless but I saw signs of great improvement in areas that have been our major concerns.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:18 pm

MacDougall wrote:Just thought I'd put a little positivity out there. It really was a good performance by the Tigers. We were disciplined in position (for the most part) and our defense was very good. The two tries they scored were just plain good attacking plays. We dominated a lot of that match. To be within 8 at half-time I actually thought we'd easily account for them but losing Marshall with 20 to go can't have helped. We are a final 20 side because of him.

Anyway, there are lots of negative posts (lots from me too) but I really am proud of the performance they put in. Melbourne are now ladder leaders after all, no easybeats. Just a few too many penalties coming out of their end and a couple of wayward passes and the game is different.

Oh and we pretty much played for 80 minutes today too. Haven't done that this year.

You must of been watching a different game to me?
Because from where I sat, 20,000 fans turned up to see them on a perfect Sunday afternoon with the perfect opportunity to play some good attacking football and they lacked enthusiasm, lacked aggression and lacked the class to even look like troubling the Storm defence.
I understand that the Storm are a very good defensive unit, but half our side once again showed they don`t have the ability to trouble any decent side in the NRL, this has been sugar coated for the past few seasons by the brilliance of Benji Marshall.
Every good bit of attacking football is triggered by Benji Marshall and we will not beat any side in the NRL without him.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:20 pm

Well I strongly disagree. I think Marshall suffocates Lui and Moltzen entirely when they partner him. When they're given the playbook they'll thrive. Hopefully this weekend you get to see that. You'll see a far better kicking game at the very least.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:21 pm

bigdamo wrote:ummm yeah okay great :deadhorse:
Sarcasm is a little stale, just like your brain it seems

Great to see the Tigers put in 100%
This game might even be better than the Raiders game IMO.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:21 pm

MacDougall wrote:Well I strongly disagree. I think Marshall suffocates Lui and Moltzen entirely when they partner him. When they're given the playbook they'll thrive. Hopefully this weekend you get to see that. You'll see a far better kicking game at the very least.
We will not get within 10 point of the Bulldogs without Benji, wait and see.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:24 pm

Vicious wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Well I strongly disagree. I think Marshall suffocates Lui and Moltzen entirely when they partner him. When they're given the playbook they'll thrive. Hopefully this weekend you get to see that. You'll see a far better kicking game at the very least.
We will not get within 10 point of the Bulldogs without Benji, wait and see.
Yeah I'm intrigued. I genuinely think we're going to thrash them. The Bulldogs are no Melbourne Storm. They got flogged by Cronulla.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:40 pm

Interesting comment, MacDougall. I was thinking much the same as I watched the last 20 minutes of the game today. I thought there was signs of a possible good combo there, and certainly an improved kicking game. As much as Benji is our xfactor and match winner, we might just find that consistency we've been lacking if Lui and Moltzen get some decent game time together in the halves. I guess we'll find out next week eh?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:32 pm

if we cant win without benji then simply we dont deserve to win. why cant sheens fix this problem. his only excuse is he is tweaking the side, but how long does that take.

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:41 pm

I reckon we looked better then the past couple of weeks ,but we have one of the worst kicking games in the comp ,and Yes Benji can be so good at times but gee he can be really terrible also he needs to run more with the ball ,but really the teams above us a class above us really

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:05 pm

what games do some of you watch we were bad again. :roll

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:10 pm

bigdamo - you are funny. I like you - but sometimes you are on a different planet. Did you wear your balmain jersey today. did you have high hopes for our team?

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:04 pm

bigdamo wrote:what games do some of you watch we were bad again. :roll
I'm with ya damo these other clowns are kidding if they think that was good. One try on a packed sunday arvo at home and even that pass from Benji was a hail mary, it could of gone anywhere. Dumb football team i think is the best way to describe us.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 11:10 pm

no see my post to you on another thread i like the old maggies alot too my mates dad use to be on the old maggies board so know read the other thread you loveable maggie