ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
GNR4LIFE

Re: Blair switch project provokes the ire of Tigers discards

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 1:41 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
We just want to finish off the year strong for the Tigers.''
If Gibbs and Fifita keep taking pot shots at the club through social networking and the media they'll be lucky to finish the year in the side.

I don't care what happened and how it was handled by the club, they're paid professionals, and should behave accordingly.
agreed.Pretty embarrassing broadcasting your emotions all over FB and Twitter like an attention seeking teenage girl

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 2:00 pm

Wow, after reading that I would not be surprised if we never see Fifita in Tigers colours again.

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 3:00 pm

its a shame that he's not that smart, but probably shows why the club is letting him go.

Blair got in his head, and at Andrews admission, got him to change the way he plays.

Blair just did what he always does - draws players then looks to offload.

This kind of mentality is why Blair is a better buy - we are paying for a bit of brains.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 3:19 pm

underdog wrote:its a shame that he's not that smart, but probably shows why the club is letting him go.

Blair got in his head, and at Andrews admission, got him to change the way he plays.

Blair just did what he always does - draws players then looks to offload.

This kind of mentality is why Blair is a better buy - we are paying for a bit of brains.
Ed Zachary!
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 3:27 pm

tiger tigers wrote:gee i cant wait for blair to sign... its clear who showed the class yesterday .....our clubs the people gibbs and fifita should be dirty on ,they have played it so unprofessionally all the way. its little wonder the team lacks harmony....

show some respect tiger tigers.Gibbs has been a very loyal clubman for many years and in return he got a very "unprofessional" see you later because humphreys stuffed the cap up.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 3:35 pm

I respect and appreciate Gibbs' loyalty but IMO it was the right call to move him on. We have talent waiting in the wings (Groat, BMM, Begovich) - from what I saw yesterday and have seen in the past these three are all going to be quality players who will hold us in good stead for the future.

that_guy

Post by that_guy » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 3:45 pm

magpie mania wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:gee i cant wait for blair to sign... its clear who showed the class yesterday .....our clubs the people gibbs and fifita should be dirty on ,they have played it so unprofessionally all the way. its little wonder the team lacks harmony....

show some respect tiger tigers.Gibbs has been a very loyal clubman for many years and in return he got a very "unprofessional" see you later because humphreys stuffed the cap up.
How can everybody be so sure that Humphreys stuffed the cap? Nobody has said this (except for maybe some daily telegraph journalists), and I also can make up crap. For example...."the neptunian king of the underworld released a barrage of thousands of flying eels all holding 1 zippo lighter each, and as they soared across the sky, they spelt out the words......Humphreys stuffed the cap".

Gibbs is a solid defender and he was loyal but being loyal doesn't hold you a spot in the team forever. Why would we persist with Gibbs when we have the talent of Woods, Groat, Begovich and BMM coming through. Gibbs gives away too many penalties and loves twitter too much.

Danos

Post by Danos » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 3:54 pm

Gibbs had a good crack at Blair in the 4th minute.. smashed Blair with a big swinging arm, what was essentially a overhand left lol, it was blatant and obvious, Referees must've been looking the other way.. Blair got to his feet, threw his head back and howled with laughter when he saw it was Bryce.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 4:02 pm

To be really fair, we are lumping Gibbs in with Fifita & laying the 'unprofessional' tag on both.

Yes, Gibbs uses FB & Twitter, but from what I've read/heard/seen- he has essentially show regret about leaving the Tigers in the PUBLIC forum. I posted some snippets from a conversation I had with him in which he bagged the club & said Humprey's 'stuffed up the cap', but as far as I know this was neither a public announcement on his FB page or twitter page at any point. I could be wrong- i don't use Twitter. I think Farah was the one that bagged the club on Twitter wasn't it?

Fifita is the one going to the press & carrying on- that is unprofessional. Gibbs hasn't said boo as far as I can see to the press or in the public forums.

Let's be fair when we dish out the 'unprofessional' line.

Gibbs wears his heart on his sleeve, yes, and he can be emotional, certainly. But given the circumstances, I think labelling Gibbs as unprofessional is unfair.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 4:17 pm

magpie mania wrote:

give it a rest maggie,,,,where in this post am i not respecting gibbsy,, if you bothered to read what i wrote you would have seen i was blaming management for causing all the dramas...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 4:19 pm

Chadman's Ghost wrote:To be really fair, we are lumping Gibbs in with Fifita & laying the 'unprofessional' tag on both.

Yes, Gibbs uses FB & Twitter, but from what I've read/heard/seen- he has essentially show regret about leaving the Tigers in the PUBLIC forum. I posted some snippets from a conversation I had with him in which he bagged the club & said Humprey's 'stuffed up the cap', but as far as I know this was neither a public announcement on his FB page or twitter page at any point. I could be wrong- i don't use Twitter. I think Farah was the one that bagged the club on Twitter wasn't it?

Fifita is the one going to the press & carrying on- that is unprofessional. Gibbs hasn't said boo as far as I can see to the press or in the public forums.

Let's be fair when we dish out the 'unprofessional' line.

Gibbs wears his heart on his sleeve, yes, and he can be emotional, certainly. But given the circumstances, I think labelling Gibbs as unprofessional is unfair.
It doesn't take a lot of common sense to not go onto a social networking site (or the papers for that matter,) and air your dirty laundry with your employer. Whether he was emotional or not is irrelevant. Rugby League is supposed to be a professional sport and these guys are paid a large sum of money to be professional on and off the field. The game is never going to be taken seriously when these guys can't exhibit a bit of maturity when they get the rough end of the stick.

Yes I agree the situation was handled terribly by the club, but at the end of the day a better man will hold his head up and move on and not take pot shots at the entity that currently pays his salary. If I have an issue with my boss, I go into his office, close the door and discuss the issue(s), and not vent it to all and sundry.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Gothetigers

Post by Gothetigers » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 4:28 pm

They are both being paid by the club. My suggestion is to shut up and do your 'talking' on the field.

That is the only way to show the club they should not have let them go.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:51 pm

Doesnt take long for the ''fans'' to turn, does it?
Good on him for telling it as it is.
And while he's still here he should be supported.
Place is chock full of fairweather fans

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 6:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:Doesnt take long for the ''fans'' to turn, does it?
Good on him for telling it as it is.
And while he's still here he should be supported.
Place is chock full of fairweather fans
No player is bigger than the club. They got dealt a crappy hand, it happens to us all at some point or another in our lives, some more so than others as well. If going to another club and maximising their earning potential is the worst thing to happen to them in their lives I truly envy them... :roll:

Fuerza en la adversidad.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 7:04 pm

Wth Ink. The dude is putting the boot into our club and would be very clearly screwing up team morale. How could you say any of us are fairweather fans. What fairweather fans would bother posting on a friggin' forum.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 7:21 pm

Danos wrote:Gibbs had a good crack at Blair in the 4th minute.. smashed Blair with a big swinging arm, what was essentially a overhand left lol, it was blatant and obvious, Referees must've been looking the other way.. Blair got to his feet, threw his head back and howled with laughter when he saw it was Bryce.
I saw this !
Entertainment.
I'm stoked on having Adam Blair a part of the team.
Hope we sign a couple more top guns.
Doubt Adam uses twitter as much as pillow hands Gibbs.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 7:57 pm

Fair game. If Humphreys publicly declares that Fifita was leaving for more money, Fifita's entitled to say, "s***, I was pushed."

Whether or not Humphreys "stuffed the cap up", the technique of signing players for long-term contracts, then changing your mind and giving them a gentle nudge out the door when you sign someone better, has killed player morale this year, and no amount of blaming Gibbs of Fifita will change the situation.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

TuiTui

Post by TuiTui » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 10:04 pm

My question is...if Blair plays in the second row, what happens to the potential of Dwyer and BMM?
Quit work, be a Robot.