STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
alien

STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

Post by alien » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 8:37 pm

To those people who were whinging about or to people standing up on the hill during 1st grade when the hill was packed and telling people to sit down: YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS!!!
Last edited by alien on Mon 20 Jun, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 8:38 pm

its not a bloody picnic! its football!

Ian AKA Tiger Ted
Location: Warrimoo west of Sydney East of Perth North of Hobart & South of Cape York .

Post by Ian AKA Tiger Ted » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 8:51 pm

Sorry Alien, but I was trying to sleep :bawling
' DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE '

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:31 pm

If everyone sits down, everyone can see.
Not rocket science
But nooooooo....alsways some clown who thinks he's special has to stand, then the guy behind him must stand, and on and on it goes

Kul

Post by Kul » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:44 pm

nothing says they have to sit Ink
then again, nothing says they have to stand either...

people should know that the further up the back you sit, the more chance there is that you will have to stand
that's the way it has been done for years and years and years
like you said, not rocket science
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Craegus

Post by Craegus » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:55 pm

If you want to sit then get to the ground early and get a seat, or buy a membership and guarantee yourself a seat.

The hill is for standing, that is the way it is done at every ground that has a hill, and as Kul put it

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 20 Jun, 2011 9:59 pm

I was sitting in a stand and was annoyed about kinds talking silly. It comes down to the team losing. If they win who cares who stands up, sits down, passes wind, throws beer cans etc.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 8:47 am

Craegus wrote:If you want to sit then get to the ground early and get a seat, or buy a membership and guarantee yourself a seat.

The hill is for standing, that is the way it is done at every ground that has a hill, and as Kul put it
Classic discussion. Confirms all of my observations of the hill at Leichhardt. You stand and scream polite advice at players and people look at you like you have two heads.

It is a lovely ground and I enjoy watching games from the hill, but it is a picnic atmosphere.

Anyone see Brookvale last night on Fox? The entire hill was standing.....

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 8:50 am

If people stand you would get more in and then the kiddies wouldn't have to be locked out of the game. Think of the kiddies as they are the future

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 8:55 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Craegus wrote:If you want to sit then get to the ground early and get a seat, or buy a membership and guarantee yourself a seat.

Classic discussion. Confirms all of my observations of the hill at Leichhardt. You stand and scream polite advice at players and people look at you like you have two heads.

It is a lovely ground and I enjoy watching games from the hill, but it is a picnic atmosphere.

Anyone see Brookvale last night on Fox? The entire hill was standing.....
Gary correct me if im wrong but you do have two heads.
The Leichhardt hill is one of the softest in the league. It's one of those hills where people clap and say "bravo old boy". It has a tendency to be slippery when wet too or maybe when dry after a dozen or so.
Still i agree standing room only once the main game starts.

Post by 2041 » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 10:27 am

If you want to sit you obviously only go when the weather's nice. Therefore you're not a real fan and your opinion is less important. I'm sort of joking here, but maybe just a little bit not.

Kul

Post by Kul » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 10:30 am

actually now that I think of it, I'd prefer to get a crowd of 13,000 like Brookvale where they all stand instead of 20,000+ at Leichhardt

people are more likely to sit during afternoon games because of the sun
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:50 am

I will tell you where people shouldn't be standing - on the pathway between the seat and the grass on the hill. People arrive at gates open to sit in a good spot right at the front of the grass - stragglers arrive just before kick off have no right to storm in and block the early birds view.

IMO.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:52 am

innsaneink wrote:If everyone sits down, everyone can see.
Not rocket science
But nooooooo....alsways some clown who thinks he's special has to stand, then the guy behind him must stand, and on and on it goes
not quite...
if i sit down and there is a family sitting in picnic chairs infront of me, i can't see. so i have to stand up.
if people are walking through the hill all the time, i have to stand up because i cant see.

as far as im concerned if your not there early enough to get your 'sitting' spot, tough luck!

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:54 am

People have been standing on the hill ever since I was a kid and I'm confident that they were standing on the hill way back when they first started at Leichhardt. Why should they start sitting down in 2011?

Adman

Post by Adman » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm sorry, but there is an unwritten rule at the den on the hill, when the action starts or it's try time, you may get up and cheer, if nothing is happening you sit down. 5 thousand people are able to follow this rule, why can't 8 other heroes. If you want to stand, stand up the back. How hard is it?

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 12:51 pm

Anyone with a Banner needs to move to the Back.

Done - Sorted.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:06 pm

Adman wrote:I'm sorry, but there is an unwritten rule at the den on the hill, when the action starts or it's try time, you may get up and cheer, if nothing is happening you sit down. 5 thousand people are able to follow this rule, why can't 8 other heroes. If you want to stand, stand up the back. How hard is it?
if people like I want to stand, we will stand... if you want to sit, get there earlier so your closer to the front and have no need to stand.

8 can thousand people manage to get it right, how hard is it?