STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Cultured Bogan

Re: STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 9:24 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:That is right, but I would argue that with both Campbelltown and Leichhardt with 30,000 capacity, we could initially play 5 at each with 2 at the SFS/ANZ. "Poor" games can be taken to the SFS/ANZ where the revenue stream is underwritten.

Eventually play 6 at each and have 25,000 at each game minimum......that is the dream.......
Not a bad idea at all Gary.

I fear that the Leichhardt council will knock back any further redevelopment of the Rectangle though and it will go the way of Belmore Sports Ground.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

barra

Post by barra » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:38 am

To get back on topic, I can sympathise with Alien. With a sellout likely against the Storm I actually expect places like the hill to be standing room only! It is ludicrous for anyone to expect to picnic on the hill during the main game with such a crowd!

I purposefully got to the ground with family early to make sure we got a seat and could be comfortable although I prefer to be higher so I can get a better feel for the game.

Another stand would alleviate some of these issues but I don't see anything wrong with requested the hill to be a standing zone on such occasions.

alien

Post by alien » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 4:51 pm

you know campbelltown stadium probably would get a good upgrade that increases capacity if wests tigers guaranteed that they would play more games there. its a bit hard to ask the government for lots of funding when there are only 4 NRL games there per year. we could make the upper level of the western stand go from dead ball line to dead ball line and also stands on both ends where the hills are (but i dont think there would be enough room to make those stands too big). anyway thats for another topic

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 5:05 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:That is right, but I would argue that with both Campbelltown and Leichhardt with 30,000 capacity, we could initially play 5 at each with 2 at the SFS/ANZ. "Poor" games can be taken to the SFS/ANZ where the revenue stream is underwritten.

Eventually play 6 at each and have 25,000 at each game minimum......that is the dream.......

I fear that the Leichhardt council will knock back any further redevelopment of the Rectangle though and it will go the way of Belmore Sports Ground.
They dont take ''poor games''....they cherry pick the best.
They hold the cards and make the decisions.
If youre talkin one or two games I'd say only ANZ would be inetrested

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 5:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

They dont take ''poor games''....they cherry pick the best.
They hold the cards and make the decisions.
If youre talkin one or two games I'd say only ANZ would be inetrested
You could feasibly use those two games at ANZ to offer cheap seating... say $10-$15 for an adult, and you'd sell quite a lot more seats. Get more people to the game.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

alien

Post by alien » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:12 pm

u think my rants r bad, what about darryl brohmans' rants, lol

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:52 pm

cant play more games at either leichhardt or campbelltown the corporate facilities are limited and thats where the real money is