STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
alien

Re: STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:13 am

Alf Duguid wrote:If people stand you would get more in and then the kiddies wouldn't have to be locked out of the game. Think of the kiddies as they are the future
thats a good point. i remember we had around 22,500 at the leichhardt dump one year which was "sold out". now there can only be a crowd of 20,500 when it is "sold out"

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:15 am

Centaur wrote:I will tell you where people shouldn't be standing - on the pathway between the seat and the grass on the hill. People arrive at gates open to sit in a good spot right at the front of the grass - stragglers arrive just before kick off have no right to storm in and block the early birds view.

IMO.
tough. thats why they shouldnt be sitting down on the hill. even if people didnt stand there on the path, people are always walking past so people would get in the way anyway. people were walking through that pathway during most of the last 10 mins.
Last edited by alien on Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:23 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I think the stupid thing on the Hill is they dont have 'Keg Girls' coming around and selling Beer... How much more would the Beer Sales be if the Cheergirls were selling them in the crowd???

If this doesnt change, Humphreys needs to go!!!
I LOVE that idea alot! but they would have to sell my bourbon too! 8-)

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:28 am

Yossarian wrote:
Goose wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Goose wrote:when you have 20k people at the ground you cant have half of them sit, i go to 30 footy games a year (of all codes and grounds) and leichhardt is the only ground where i get told to sit down on the hill. I had no urge to sit on the muddy ground either, I dont pack a blankett.
I got to the game at 12.45, very early, and ended up having to kneel on cement due to this absurd crowd behaviour, and being moved on, cause people who came after me sat behind me and told me to sit down. they have to either sell less tickets or make people stand (like most hills).
the ground announcer even told people to stand.
It actually ruined my experience at the ground. I think nostalgia keeps me coming back to leichhardt.

I was going to gripe about it but changed my mind, but since someone else started the thread
If you can, best attend evening matches when the crowds are generally a little lower. I gave up attending afternoon games after watching Wests getting pumped in 2005 and seeing half the hill sitting there completely unfazed. I find the evening matches at Leichhardt more enjoyable.
I hear you.... I love the surburban grounds in general, and leichhardt, but as I have said, my last few games there have left me disapointed, i guess night games are the key.
I know it will never happen, but I reckon concord oval would be a reasonable ground to watch footy up close....
It's a shame they only have parking for 8 cars...
it doesnt take long walking to concord oval from burwood railway station though. thats what i normally do if i go to camp concord

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:31 am

Yossarian wrote:
Snake wrote::righton: What about the 1,000 people that can't see when Alien and his mate put up his banner ?
That must be one big banner! :shock:
haha i hold it up myself. its not that big but it stands out. you havent seen the C'MON WESTS banner??? i mostly only hold it up when we score or when they run out anyway

unless you are talking about my other banner, which i agree is big. its orange with black writing. the one that says:

WESTS TIGERS
SHINING BRIGHT
FEEL THE POWER
FEEL THE MIGHT

but i havent taken that one to the footy for ages!
Last edited by alien on Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:11 pm

alien wrote:
Centaur wrote:I will tell you where people shouldn't be standing - on the pathway between the seat and the grass on the hill. People arrive at gates open to sit in a good spot right at the front of the grass - stragglers arrive just before kick off have no right to storm in and block the early birds view.

IMO.
tough. thats why they shouldnt be sitting down on the hill. even if people didnt stand there on the path, people are always walking past so people would get in the way anyway. people were walking through that pathway during most of the last 10 mins.
Tough? You are kidding yourself.

Let me tell you something - there was NOBODY standing in front of me.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 7:43 pm

Centaur wrote:
alien wrote:

IMO.

the whole path had people standing and that is because there were 20,500 people at the ground! for around the last 10 mins of the game people were walking along that path. the people on the hill would have seen over them if they were standing. There was no more room on the hill for those people on the concrete path because people were sitting on the hill which takes more room than people standing.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 7:44 pm

alien wrote:
Alf Duguid wrote:If people stand you would get more in and then the kiddies wouldn't have to be locked out of the game. Think of the kiddies as they are the future
thats a good point. i remember we had around 22,500 at the leichhardt dump one year which was "sold out". now there can only be a crowd of 20,500 when it is "sold out"
Your kidding how is the ground a dump.It gets great crowds and we win more games then we lose what more could you want and more importantly the players prefer to play there....they say it all the time....

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 7:48 pm

Centaur wrote:
alien wrote:

IMO.

Its just rude to stand up in front of people its simple.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 7:50 pm

tiger4ever wrote:
no its rude when you are already standing and have been at the ground for over an hour and then some latte sipping loser sits down behind you and then yells like a nut case at you and others to sit down

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:05 pm

alien wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:
no its rude when you are already standing and have been at the ground for over an hour and then some latte sipping loser sits down behind you and then yells like a nut case at you and others to sit down
Your got no idea why do you refer to balmain supporters as latte sippers its rediculous it just doesnt happen.

Most balmain supporters dont even live in the area.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:08 pm

tiger4ever wrote:
Your got no idea why do you refer to balmain supporters as latte sippers its rediculous it just doesnt happen.

Most balmain supporters dont even live in the area.
what he was drinking looked like a latte

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:13 pm

another thing. whats with those stupid metal wires just above the fence. it is annoying for the people near the fence

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:25 pm

Was there anything at Leichhardt that didn't annoy you, Alien??

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:26 pm

I suppose the wire is their to stop the 'pitch' invaders, running onto a sacred field is something that has been taken away from our current 'Tweens', a practise that many a current parent of our Tweens was able to do in the 70's & 80's.
Unfortunately duty of care and the protection of the players meant that the old days of running on to steal the corner post are now long gone, their is a downside however from the 'straining wire', look back at the soccer tragedies in the 80's where too many fans were forced into too little room.
Commonsense however prevails at Leichhardt as a result and the house full sign was posted very early according to the #9 broadcast, were many fans left outside of the ground or was it all for the camera's?.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:29 pm

Mrs T wrote:Was there anything at Leichhardt that didn't annoy you, Alien??
there was only 1 thing that annoyed me

the wires didnt annoy me because i wasnt sitting there but i have before so i know what its like, and i have heard heaps of other people say that they dont like them above the fence

willow

Post by willow » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:31 pm

alien wrote:another thing. whats with those stupid metal wires just above the fence. it is annoying for the people near the fence
Sounds like you're whinging just for the sake of it alien. You've been going to games at leichhardt for years. Why is this dribble such an issue now?

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:35 pm

The wires are there for obvious reasons and its at goldxr50 said.

Its a worry if you need to why they do it.

Willow what doesnt he complain about when it involves wests tigers or anything to do with balmain.