STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Goose

Re: STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

Post by Goose » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:51 pm

when you have 20k people at the ground you cant have half of them sit, i go to 30 footy games a year (of all codes and grounds) and leichhardt is the only ground where i get told to sit down on the hill. I had no urge to sit on the muddy ground either, I dont pack a blankett.
I got to the game at 12.45, very early, and ended up having to kneel on cement due to this absurd crowd behaviour, and being moved on, cause people who came after me sat behind me and told me to sit down. they have to either sell less tickets or make people stand (like most hills).
the ground announcer even told people to stand.
It actually ruined my experience at the ground. I think nostalgia keeps me coming back to leichhardt.

I was going to gripe about it but changed my mind, but since someone else started the thread

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 2:03 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Anyone with a Banner needs to move to the Back.

Done - Sorted.
This. The Red V Army are pratts but they show this level of decorum.

Pity we have alot of people who think they are entitled to do whatever they want because they are apparantly real supporters and the rest are blow ins.

Separating into an alcohol and no alcohol section of the hill would also go a long way to solving this issue. It works at Campbelltown as there is usually a good amount of space for the non drinkers to sit, stretch out etc

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 2:19 pm

I think the stupid thing on the Hill is they dont have 'Keg Girls' coming around and selling Beer... How much more would the Beer Sales be if the Cheergirls were selling them in the crowd???

If this doesnt change, Humphreys needs to go!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 2:26 pm

Goose wrote:when you have 20k people at the ground you cant have half of them sit, i go to 30 footy games a year (of all codes and grounds) and leichhardt is the only ground where i get told to sit down on the hill. I had no urge to sit on the muddy ground either, I dont pack a blankett.
I got to the game at 12.45, very early, and ended up having to kneel on cement due to this absurd crowd behaviour, and being moved on, cause people who came after me sat behind me and told me to sit down. they have to either sell less tickets or make people stand (like most hills).
It actually ruined my experience at the ground. I think nostalgia keeps me coming back to leichhardt.

I was going to gripe about it but changed my mind, but since someone else started the thread
If you can, best attend evening matches when the crowds are generally a little lower. I gave up attending afternoon games after watching Wests getting pumped in 2005 and seeing half the hill sitting there completely unfazed. I find the evening matches at Leichhardt more enjoyable.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 2:48 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Goose wrote:when you have 20k people at the ground you cant have half of them sit, i go to 30 footy games a year (of all codes and grounds) and leichhardt is the only ground where i get told to sit down on the hill. I had no urge to sit on the muddy ground either, I dont pack a blankett.

If you can, best attend evening matches when the crowds are generally a little lower. I gave up attending afternoon games after watching Wests getting pumped in 2005 and seeing half the hill sitting there completely unfazed. I find the evening matches at Leichhardt more enjoyable.
I hear you.... I love the surburban grounds in general, and leichhardt, but as I have said, my last few games there have left me disapointed, i guess night games are the key.
I know it will never happen, but I reckon concord oval would be a reasonable ground to watch footy up close....

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 2:58 pm

Goose wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

I hear you.... I love the surburban grounds in general, and leichhardt, but as I have said, my last few games there have left me disapointed, i guess night games are the key.
I know it will never happen, but I reckon concord oval would be a reasonable ground to watch footy up close....
It's a shame they only have parking for 8 cars...

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 4:00 pm

smeghead wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Anyone with a Banner needs to move to the Back.

Done - Sorted.
Pity we have alot of people who think they are entitled to do whatever they want because they are apparantly real supporters and the rest are blow ins.
We also have alot of people who think they are 'real' supporters that think they know more than the 'blow ins'.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 4:04 pm

:righton: What about the 1,000 people that can't see when Alien and his mate put up his banner ?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 4:06 pm

Snake wrote::righton: What about the 1,000 people that can't see when Alien and his mate put up his banner ?
That must be one big banner! :shock:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 4:15 pm

Kul wrote:nothing says they have to sit Ink
then again, nothing says they have to stand either...

people should know that the further up the back you sit, the more chance there is that you will have to stand
that's the way it has been done for years and years and years
like you said, not rocket science
Never said you ''have'' to sit, but Id say most like to park their arse if theyre somewhere for 2 hours or more.
I know I do.
Im assuming he was talking about down the front.
Of course the size of the crowd determines what happens on the hill.
Usually the front sit and more up the back stand....but I can imagine anyone behind alien having an obstructed view, standing sitting or planking even

tigerstu

Post by tigerstu » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 4:41 pm

Surely at a game like on Sunday when everybody new that the crowd was going to be big, everyone also knows the hill might be standing only. I've no problems with people sitting if the crowd is smaller, but expect to stand if you are on the hill and it is busy.

My real issue I mentioned in another post, but this thread is more appropriate:

...as a long time supporter who went through seasons and seasons of agony and misery (12 years of no finals footy to start with)... I stuck by the team then and I will always stick by my team. Supporters/fans should SUPPORT their team... unlike the totally idiot (the words I want to write I probably shouldn't write here) who was sitting behind us today who bagged and slagged the whole team off the whole match (I hope you are on WTF and reading this). I love people being vocal and yelling throughout the match... but with almost every LOUD comment said being a derogatory one against WT's players, with lots of swearing and obviously homophobic undertones (you know it is a bundle of sticks right???) I thought this guy should have either put on a storm jersey or gone home and watched it on TV where he can swear and crap on his team in private. I didn't want to hear it, my friends didn't want to hear it, the people around us and their kids didn't want to hear it. You may be passionate mate... but you are a selfish dope and not the kind of supporter I want associated with this great club.

End rant!

Bring on Friday night!

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 4:44 pm

Its common courtesy really if you want to stand you go to the back.I would not stand up so people behind me cant see.But there are circumstances where everyone should probably stand up

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 8:13 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Its common courtesy really if you want to stand you go to the back.I would not stand up so people behind me cant see.But there are circumstances where everyone should probably stand up
Here here well said champion!! :D

lathami

Post by lathami » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 8:49 pm

Man r u kidding me guys!!!!!
I got to the game at 12.30 early and was standing with friend from this time then at 2.30 a group of so called wests tigers fans sat behind me, they were fine there reading their new book and the sunday papers. Then bit by bit they moved their blanket closer and closer until i had almost no room left. I could live with that, you know that crap happens on the hill.
But then as the main game came on they all started yelling at me to sit down, one in particular a ginger night mare thinking she had th right to tell me how it is. I told her to shove it!! and if they were interested in sitting then they should have arrived earlier and sat near the front!!!!
I mean really WTF!!!!!! What is happening to this crowd it is getting lamer and lamer, this is not the first time, last time people were fitting over it.

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 9:07 pm

lathami wrote:Man r u kidding me guys!!!!!
I got to the game at 12.30 early and was standing with friend from this time then at 2.30 a group of so called wests tigers fans sat behind me, they were fine there reading their new book and the sunday papers. Then bit by bit they moved their blanket closer and closer until i had almost no room left. I could live with that, you know that crap happens on the hill.
But then as the main game came on they all started yelling at me to sit down, one in particular a ginger night mare thinking she had th right to tell me how it is. I told her to shove it!! and if they were interested in sitting then they should have arrived earlier and sat near the front!!!!
I mean really WTF!!!!!! What is happening to this crowd it is getting lamer and lamer, this is not the first time, last time people were fitting over it.
I've had similar experiences...the hill crowd at leichhardt is getting more and more poncey as the years roll by.

angeman

Post by angeman » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 9:19 pm

was at the kogarah game a few weeks back and was interested to hear the announcer plus on the scoreboard say that the people on the hill will have to stand. seemed ok...

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:04 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Classic discussion. Confirms all of my observations of the hill at Leichhardt. You stand and scream polite advice at players and people look at you like you have two heads.

It is a lovely ground and I enjoy watching games from the hill, but it is a picnic atmosphere.

Anyone see Brookvale last night on Fox? The entire hill was standing.....
EXACTLY! I laugh when someone says the atmosphere at leichhardt is intimidating. I think people get brainwashed by the media a bit too much. :lol:

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 12:08 am

mtd wrote:
innsaneink wrote:If everyone sits down, everyone can see.
Not rocket science
But nooooooo....alsways some clown who thinks he's special has to stand, then the guy behind him must stand, and on and on it goes
not quite...
if i sit down and there is a family sitting in picnic chairs infront of me, i can't see. so i have to stand up.
if people are walking through the hill all the time, i have to stand up because i cant see.

as far as im concerned if your not there early enough to get your 'sitting' spot, tough luck!
exactly. i could see better standing up than sitting down. they should just build a grandstand on the hill side anyway. its the 21st century. time to upgrade the leichhardt dump!