Defensive Luiability

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
Post Reply
User avatar
tigergirlz
Member
Member
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:09 pm

Defensive Luiability

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 8:48 pm

Sorry, couldn't help the thread title. Warriors running at Lui tomorrow and he won't even be a speed hump. Dreaming of big warriors running through the centres (if the forwards manage to hold them up around the ruck) :bawling


bigdamo
Member
Member
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu 25 Mar, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by bigdamo » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 11:04 pm

no it will be alright just like a checkout line at woolies going through the turnstiles

User avatar
Mattie13
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Mattie13 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:21 pm

Nostrodamus thread. Do you want to post the powerball numbers for this week. Actually just PM them to me. We will go halves. Well done!

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9800
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:24 pm

bigdamo wrote:no it will be alright just like a checkout line at woolies going through the turnstiles
Your Woolies has turnstiles?

Spackler

Post by Spackler » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:33 pm

Hopefully when he came off later in the game he was hooked and not just injured.

Does anyone know how young Miller has been travelling?


wests4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:04 am

Post by wests4ever » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:36 pm

I hope Lui is injured & is out this week as I have zero confidence that Shiner will drop him to reserve grade.
He is now too big a defensive liability to be in this team for the crucial run to the semi's.
Anyone with half a football brain now knows that all the opposition teams have to do is run at Bobbin Rob 7 it's try time.
Results are all that count 7 after what happened in the Warriors match today when "turnstile Lui" went off it is there for "blind Ferddy" too see!! :roll :crazy :roll: :?: :idea: :o :shock: :!: :arrow: :sign:

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8380
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:37 pm

Luiability, lol...
I get it.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:38 pm

once again his defense was hopeless. its not like he is small for a halfback either.

User avatar
Swordy
Member
Member
Posts: 1962
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:39 pm

I dont like to sink the boot in while a player is injured, but I cant help noticing that the Tigers came from 18 behind to win.......when Lui was off the field. His form of late is atrocious and I have to say, all he does is get in the bloody way lately.

When he is hot, he is good. Maybe a stint away for a while might be nice. I don't want him to miss games through injury either, but a few weeks rest might be what we need to get cracking.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

User avatar
cnx_tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:50 pm

alien wrote:once again his defense was hopeless. its not like he is small for a halfback either.
That's the thing, guys like Soward and Prince struggle as they are small.

But Lui has the upper body of a lock forward.

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:52 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
alien wrote:once again his defense was hopeless. its not like he is small for a halfback either.
That's the thing, guys like Soward and Prince struggle as they are small.

But Lui has the upper body of a lock forward.
...and some people want lui to play lock. ridiculous

tigers1111

Post by tigers1111 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:53 pm

Swordy wrote:I dont like to sink the boot in while a player is injured, but I cant help noticing that the Tigers came from 18 behind to win.......when Lui was off the field. His form of late is atrocious and I have to say, all he does is get in the bloody way lately.

When he is hot, he is good. Maybe a stint away for a while might be nice. I don't want him to miss games through injury either, but a few weeks rest might be what we need to get cracking.
if u gonna bag someone atleast get your facts right it was 12 4 when he went off

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3587
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:54 pm

I have been a big Lui fan however I think the last month has been the worst spell of form in his short career to date. I would persist for another 2 weeks before the bye, however if he keeps dropping off tackles at an alarming rate might be time to consider a switch.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29694
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:59 pm

alien wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:
alien wrote:once again his defense was hopeless. its not like he is small for a halfback either.
That's the thing, guys like Soward and Prince struggle as they are small.

But Lui has the upper body of a lock forward.
...and some people want lui to play lock. ridiculous
In attack he'd be better there or 5/8 than half.

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:05 pm

innsaneink wrote:
alien wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:
alien wrote:once again his defense was hopeless. its not like he is small for a halfback either.
That's the thing, guys like Soward and Prince struggle as they are small.

But Lui has the upper body of a lock forward.
...and some people want lui to play lock. ridiculous
In attack he'd be better there or 5/8 than half.
but in defense he wouldnt be. and we use the number 13 like a 3rd prop these days instead of a 2nd five eighth

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29694
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:07 pm

Yeah I know thats why I dont have a problem with Moltzen having a crack in the 7

Post Reply