ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
MacDougall

Re: Lui goes off at 22-4.

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:31 pm

tigers1111 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'm not blaming him for our first 60. But his terrible defense not being there in the last 20 allowed us to keep them out as much as it allowed us to put on 22 unanswered.

they scored 3 tries after he went off

benji got us home along with ashford and ellis stepping up
It was 12-4 when he went off.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:32 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
tiger05 wrote:If Lui was on I reckon we lose.
100% right.
Totally agree.
.....and Simona was solid.
I'd rather have another 3/4 on the field than Lui in the halves (especially with Moltz chiming in). Lui has had one good game this year, but that's it.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Cats Fan

Post by Cats Fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:48 pm

supercoach wrote:Benji seemed to take over the seven role and Fulton was playing a 6 role in some of the sets, mainly defensive sets. Lui's lack of defense has become a real issue. For all the good work he does with the ball goes out the window when we a defending, even channel nine picked up on his recent form
Spot on, Luis' commitment to test himself in the contest of a tackle (lack of shoulder) is embarrassing :oops: . He did a fine kick in the first half, was the first down there and just threw is arm out. That simple miss lead to warriors try.

Defence is all about attitude and confidence. Unfortunately, Lui seems to be lacky both at the minute.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:00 pm

Cats Fan wrote:
supercoach wrote:Benji seemed to take over the seven role and Fulton was playing a 6 role in some of the sets, mainly defensive sets. Lui's lack of defense has become a real issue. For all the good work he does with the ball goes out the window when we a defending, even channel nine picked up on his recent form
Spot on, Luis' commitment to test himself in the contest of a tackle (lack of shoulder) is embarrassing :oops: . He did a fine kick in the first half, was the first down there and just threw is arm out. That simple miss lead to warriors try.

Defence is all about attitude and confidence. Unfortunately, Lui seems to be lacky both at the minute.
Both these comments are spot on... I enjoyed watching Lui at 1st reciever more today. It was the first time in a few weeks we seemed to have a structured go forward. Unfortunately, we were terrible with the our ball handling in the first 50 minutes.

I'm also wondering if Mr Sheen is sitting back in the corner of the change rooms tonight just smiling... His project of Marshall at 7/1st reciever might have come to fruition in the final 20 today...

Any word on Lui's injury?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:15 pm

Haven't read the other posts, so sorry if it's been answered, but was he hooked or injured?

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:17 pm

Lui reminds me of my speed hump in my street all it does is slow me down,time to say goodbye to 1st grade

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:46 pm

As someone above said, defence is all about confidence.
Unfortunately his confidence is so completely shot that opposing teams are like sharks on blood when they see him in the line and that's a vicious circle.
He's got to get that confidence back somehow and first grade may not be the way in the short term.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:56 pm

Luck going off halfway through certainly didnt hinder our cause.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:59 pm

Started well in attack today but well short in def.

However the turnaround reflected a change in attiutude rather than personnel. The Warriors shoddy D in the last 20 didnt hurt either.

Posted using RoarFEED

crystalpink74

Post by crystalpink74 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:02 pm

Knew someone would start this thread, a thread that they also got wrong but continued with it anyway. Yep let's all have a go at the 21yr old who just played his 29th NRL game,(29 games, not even in a row, due to injury). WHAT A JOKE. So our players are suppose to be perfect straight up, no time or patience for a player to learn his position just has to be perfect. I'm guessing you guys are the same 'FANS' who bagged Benji etc. to start with. One player goes off injured & some reckon that's why the TIGERS picked up & WON???!!! What an insult to the Team.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Bloody hell surely they wont displace Magic at BRET for LUI ??? Surely not ???
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:11 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:Moltz played 7.

I like Lui, but he seems to play at a VERY slow speed and it affects the whole team...and his defense was woeful today.

I've always prefered him to Moltzen at 7, but it's hard to argue with what we just saw. The team came alive as soonas Lui went off. Albeit with a lot of lucky breaks.
Sorry but Moltzen did not play 7 and was barely sighted in the second half.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:13 pm

MacDougall wrote:I'm not blaming him for our first 60. But his terrible defense not being there in the last 20 allowed us to keep them out as much as it allowed us to put on 22 unanswered.
Lui missed 2 tackles, both in the first half. Point the finger at Dwyer, he missed 7 tackles.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:16 pm

willow wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:Moltz played 7.

I like Lui, but he seems to play at a VERY slow speed and it affects the whole team...and his defense was woeful today.

I've always prefered him to Moltzen at 7, but it's hard to argue with what we just saw. The team came alive as soonas Lui went off. Albeit with a lot of lucky breaks.
Sorry but Moltzen did not play 7 and was barely sighted in the second half.

X2 moltzen was not one of our better players but apart from one moment of stupidity was ok

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:25 pm

Im not a Robert Lui basher, but I cant believe anyone finding much positive from his form in the last 6 weeks or so.

As for the pass for the tigers first try against the warriors - the ball was going to Ayshford whether he was running at a gap or not. If you watch Lui, he seems to make up his mind the play before as to who he will pass to. It doesn't matter whether or not the player is running a good line. Sometimes he gets lucky and they score, sometimes they get smashed.

Good play makers seem to have that extra millisecond to decide which one of three options they can take because they can read the play. Either Lui doesn't have hat skill yet, or he doesn't have it at all. Personally, I don't think he has it at all but I have been wrong before. I'm no expert but that is what I see.

I remain a fan of Moltzen at 7. It's that simple. I think if he was at 7 and had as much of an opportunity as Lui has had in the last 18 months or so, then he would be a far better prospect.

Farah in the middle, Benji and Moltzen on each side of the ruck sounds formidable to me.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:26 pm

i think lui going off forced benji to do more. i think it is a better match for the team with Moltzen over lui, but i think it is unfair lui is getting crucified. He has been out of form, i also think he got too many wraps earlier in the game

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:28 pm

In my opinion, the difference was gibbs. His defence around the ruck was awesome.

Lui had a quiet game and missed some tackles. He will be there next week if fit.

Moltzen was not playing half in the final 25 after lui went off.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:32 pm

willow wrote:
Lui missed 2 tackles, both in the first half. Point the finger at Dwyer, he missed 7 tackles.
x2 - but we need both of them :bawling
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"