ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
Glennb

Re: Lui goes off at 22-4.

Post by Glennb » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:38 pm

willow wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'm not blaming him for our first 60. But his terrible defense not being there in the last 20 allowed us to keep them out as much as it allowed us to put on 22 unanswered.
Lui missed 2 tackles, both in the first half. Point the finger at Dwyer, he missed 7 tackles.
NRL Stats has them both at 5 missed, 4 inneffectual..both the Tigers worst both on paper and with the naked eye

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:50 pm

To say him going off was the reason we won is just pathetic.

I'm a Lui fan and I'll admit his last four games have been very poor. But he went off when it was 12-4, and he set up our first try.

BTW Moltzen hardly touched the ball when Lui went off so if anyone suggests we need to move him to 7 they need their eyes checked.

Post by 851 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:55 pm

Lui is poo,go to the Bronco's,let Miller step up,Manly have done it 2 years in a row,and they are flying.
Go hard or go home

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:51 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:To say him going off was the reason we won is just pathetic.

I'm a Lui fan and I'll admit his last four games have been very poor. But he went off when it was 12-4, and he set up our first try.

BTW Moltzen hardly touched the ball when Lui went off so if anyone suggests we need to move him to 7 they need their eyes checked.
I know for a fact that Lui has been terrible this season. I like him as a player and as I have said before the best option for the tigers is Lui to 7 and Moltzen to 1. At this point however Lui is simply a major concern.

He wasn't the reason we were down and his game today was an improvement but the truth is we are better if he is off the field at this point.

aajlewis

Post by aajlewis » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 3:27 am

Moltzen instead of Lui, his defense is costing us almost every game, I understand having faith in a player but he Lui is too much of a liability.
Forever tigers !
Stop letting go of players, cohesion in a team
Is excellent, stay faithful to our juniors, getting rid of people is causing too much disruption among our ranks

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 7:36 am

We obviously have defensive problems on that side of the field. Whether it's Lui or Dwyer or both, Coach Sheens needs to make one or two changes as every coach worth his clipboard saw that today.

I do feel Lui needs to be confident with his defence. We have all seen him make some very good hits on big players.

If, however,the problem is he is the mystery player going to the Broncos he should have the nuts to say so and then concentrate on playing for the team that is paying his salary for this year.

Before injury, I really liked Moltzen at 1/2 but since his return he has shown nothing to deserve it. I think Miller or another needs a shot if neither will stand up to be counted.

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 7:43 am

I made the same observation ! Molten only had a few touches at half but he was effective . The warriors were shocked to see hime there .

I think Moltzen to half is an absolute must ! Lui is a good player , but this year not good enough .

Posted using RoarFEED
Wests for life !

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 8:03 am

Fafita
Molten

... what teams do some of you even go for?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:24 am

Lui's a human turnstile - can't afford to have him in the team. Maybe a couple of games in the Reggies will help him regain the same form he showed late last season.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:27 am

mikey wrote:We obviously have defensive problems on that side of the field. Whether it's Lui or Dwyer or both, Coach Sheens needs to make one or two changes as every coach worth his clipboard saw that today.

I do feel Lui needs to be confident with his defence. We have all seen him make some very good hits on big players.

If, however,the problem is he is the mystery player going to the Broncos he should have the nuts to say so and then concentrate on playing for the team that is paying his salary for this year.

Before injury, I really liked Moltzen at 1/2 but since his return he has shown nothing to deserve it. I think Miller or another needs a shot if neither will stand up to be counted.
For me the problem down that side of the field have a lot to do with Dwyer. For a big back rower who can pull off some great hits he misses far too many tackles. It is in my opinion poor defensive reads and positioning by Dwyer that causes a lot of missed tackles.

For mine I would start Fulton instead of Dwyer and put Fulton or Ellis next to Lui in defence.

Still think Lui is the best current half in the club with Miller the best long term half.

For mine Moltzen still cant do enough with the ball at halfback compared to the other two. I don't think Moltzen is good in defence either. Miller for mine will have the best defence but it will take some time at NRL level to get right, not something we have to do this year unless we can't make the 8.

mc1991

Post by mc1991 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:31 am

Moltz was definitely playing in the halves when Lui went off..I reckon leave moltz in the 7 I've always preferred him over Lui..before his injury last season he looked like heading for the top then obviously the knee recon..

Lui isn't doing it for me at all this season..just playing too slow too predictable..

And I've had enough of the whole team starting off well..then they stop playing footy for how long, concede points and then have to catch up..I want them to be leading from the first minute to the 80th minute!! A bit of consistency isn't asking a lot as difficult as it may be

Posted using RoarFEED

mc1991

Post by mc1991 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:34 am

I should add I think moltz is also starting to find some confidence on the field which is good..he's taking little steps but he'll get there

Posted using RoarFEED

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:35 am

I don't hate Lui, I defend him in front of everyone, but seriously, he needs to go to State Cup. His defense is pathetic and his offensive game is off now. Put Moltzen at 7, where he has proved he can perform.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:13 am

I don't mind him missing the odd tackle but his lack of commitment in using his shoulder and more importantly body is mystifying. He is the classic human turnstyle.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:16 am

Honestly I must have been watching a different game - Moltzen hardly touched the ball when Lui went off.

Marshall was basically playing halfback.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:23 am

Correct Hybrid... The dominance Benji displayed when he moved to 7 was magnificant... Sheens would be smiling at the knockers now!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:27 am

I am starting to think that even though Lui is the more talented player , Moltzen may be the better choice as he complements Benji and Robbie better . But I won't write Lui off yet . Need to get either Fulton or Ellis defending with Lui inside . Will give him some confidence . Dwyer defence at times is as bad as Lui .

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:29 am

Agreed happy, Dwyer won't come to anything intil he tackles with his shoulder