Ayshford WOW

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
boonboon

Re: Ayshford WOW

Post by boonboon » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 8:17 am

I think Blake has had a really good season perhals a slow period when he had a bad ankle and was swapped to the left but those would slow anyone down. His main weakness remains though his inability to pass to his winger, i think a lot of it stems from holding the ball in his right hand which works great for him to bust through and also in getting the gall away on the inside but it removes his outside ball option

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 8:22 am

Blake is only a handful of players in the team that penetrate the line, the kid has ability and gives it his all week in week out. I love watching Blake play and he is a gentlemen, humble and a good bloke.

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 8:50 am

Blake has been brilliant lately. If he keeps this up he will soon become THE gun centre in NSW. Then all he has to do is sign with the Dragons, Rorters, Canberra, Sharks or Manly to get a run for the Blues.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:43 am

Ayshford is deceptively big, he's tall as we all know, around 6"3 but he's now tipping the scales at 100kg, and has a little more growing to do yet. Sheens said he may end up in the backrow in the future, but he'll stay at centre for now.

He's certainly hit a purple patch of form and is really causing some damage on the edges, with that long stride and good strength he's taking a lot of players by surprise when they try and tackle him.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 9:52 am

No doubt he's in a puple patch, but I'd love to see him put away his winger more often. That inside pass to set up the Benji try was better than anything Bryan got all day.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 10:41 am

Hopefully if we see Lawrence back before the end of the season we will see more of Ayshford improving . they help create space for each other . Starting the get a good feeling again about this year if Rowdy can make it back on field

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:36 pm

Lyon? As in Jamie Lyon?? Not 1/2 the player Ayshford is at the moment. Ideis can't tackle and Gasnier is still to prove he still has it. Right now Ayshford is the best right centre in the game. Now if Lawrence can get back we'll have the best of both centres.