Ayshford WOW

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
biggest tigers fan

Re: Ayshford WOW

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:46 pm

Moh wrote:What Ayshford is doing now is why I was shocked to read peoples opinions of him on here.

The kid has looked like a champion since he debuted and just continues to improve.
X2 in my top 5 tigers players and plays tough
Number 1 souffs hater

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:49 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:
hadds75 wrote:Geez I think origin player is stretching it. For two reasons

1) Honestly there are better centres. Lets see him produce form like this for longer than a few games. He really hasnt offered anything in attack as a centre up until the last few weeks. Always been solid, and a good defender though.

2) Ayshford can not play centre. Looked horrible vs brisbane.
Rubbish,hes in our top 5 players most weeks and im a fan of him and his runs. :mrgreen:
thats my bad i meant LEFT centre

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:51 pm

hadds75 wrote:

1) Honestly there are better centres. Lets see him produce form like this for longer than a few games. He really hasnt offered anything in attack as a centre up until the last few weeks. Always been solid, and a good defender though.

Rubbish,hes in our top 5 players most weeks and im a fan of him and his runs. :mrgreen:
yes hope youre watching ayshford today :lol:
Number 1 souffs hater

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:56 pm

hadds75 wrote:

Yes watching him run down the RIGHT hand side of the field with the BALL in his RIGHT hand, using his LEFT hand to palm, really prooves im wrong?

He looked lost vs Brisbane on the wrong side. You clearly dont understand the game.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:01 pm

yes you are wrong and yes i understand the game.It was you who said ayshford couldnt play centre :crazy
Number 1 souffs hater

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:02 pm

and i told you i meant LEFT centre and you told me to watch todays game where Ayshford played right centre.

Hopoate is left centre in origin for those thinking blake should be there. Same reason they wont pick Idris.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:05 pm

:roll
hadds75 wrote:

x2 - thats up there with "Moltzen is our best fullback"
hadds75 wrote:

es watching him run down the RIGHT hand side of the field with the BALL in his RIGHT hand, using his LEFT hand to palm, really prooves im wrong?

He looked lost vs Brisbane on the wrong side. You clearly dont understand the game.
yeah, watching him run down the RIGHT side with the ball in his RIGHT hand, using his LEFT hand to palm, skipping out of tackle after tackle, stepping defenders, and calmly offloading a brilliant ball to marshall for the match tying try proves that you are clearly correct about him being a horrible centre as well.

The guy constantly draws two and three defenders, give him a clear offload, and BAM the winger is away. He tackles like a brick wall, CONSISTENTLY brings down larger back-rowers ONE ON ONE, e.g today he cut down meteo today FROM BEHIND about five metres out from the line. If those examples above aren't the moniker of a great young centre, then please explain to me o wealth of rugby league knowledge what is? :mrgreen:

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:06 pm

SMOKED it in the second half.

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:07 pm

I love how this argument all came about from a simple typo.

In other words, there is no argument.

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:09 pm

those 2 strong runs he made which led to tries got us back in the match

awesome performance

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:10 pm

[quote="underdog"

[/quote]

yeah, watching him run down the RIGHT side with the ball in his RIGHT hand, using his LEFT hand to palm, skipping out of tackle after tackle, stepping defenders, and calmly offloading a brilliant ball to marshall for the match tying try proves that you are clearly correct about him being a horrible centre as well.

The guy constantly draws two and three defenders, give him a clear offload, and BAM the winger is away. He tackles like a brick wall, CONSISTENTLY brings down larger back-rowers ONE ON ONE, e.g today he cut down meteo today FROM BEHIND about five metres out from the line. If those examples above aren't the moniker of a great young centre, then please explain to me o wealth of rugby league knowledge what is? :mrgreen:[/quote]

Read the thread. People said Ayshford should be in origin instead of Hopoate. I said Ayshford can not play left centre.

Switching sides like he did vs the Broncos, eliminates his fend, his pass, offload etc and makes it easier for defender to wrap the ball up as he holds it on the right hand side while moving to the left.
Last edited by hadds75 on Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:10 pm

There is NO WAY that Blake would look out of place playing for the Blues on Wednesday given the injuries. I rarely come on here and wax lyrical about our players but this guy has been sensational for the past year or so.

And another thing; apparently re-signed long term without testing his value - give me 17 of them.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:16 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:There is NO WAY that Blake would look out of place playing for the Blues on Wednesday given the injuries. I rarely come on here and wax lyrical about our players but this guy has been sensational for the past year or so.

And another thing; apparently re-signed long term without testing his value - give me 17 of them.
well said pete
Number 1 souffs hater

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:17 pm

For a player that doesn't seem that interested in being out there he's let his ability do the talking, Gus & co. were raving about Inu and without knowing the result in the dying stages of the game I knew we had it won when they announced the MOTM so close to 6.00pm, I Knew then that it wasn't a Golden Point game

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:17 pm

Good player but not SOO standard yet, today was up against a second rower. Lets reserve or judgment till after a couple hard games but I do concede he is in good form

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:25 pm

Lol. Hadds u wont make another typo will u? How many times did u have to explain u meant "left" centre? hahaha. And u have a valid point.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:29 pm

He has one skill and it's a beautiful skill. He can't be tackled.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:30 pm

hadds75 wrote:I have NEVER rated Blake Ayshford. I thought he was alright, "solid" without being spectacular but that was close to the best game ive seen from a Tigers centre since McGuinness vs Dragons (Rd 2, 2001).

His really coming on, that fend is very good.

Can't believe you've never rated him. I remember when he made his debut back in '09 against the Broncos and he scored a try on debut. He, for mine looked potent in the backline almost immediately and played a key role in our success towards the back end of '09. Had to be our rookie of the year that year.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE