What a win !

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
Properossi

Re: What a win !

Post by Properossi » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:59 pm

shane2801 wrote:I thought we defended well on our line for most of the game. We looked a little better in attack also. I am a massive critic of Marshall but he did play well today. We need to play for the full 80 if we are to win this comp. The only downer of today was the way Marshall ran the clock down. Dog act! In my opinion he deserved to be pushed into the fence. I know there was only seconds left but still it spoilt a great game.
Dog Act? What are you on?

What's the difference between what he did and either kicking or running the ball out over the sideline with afew seconds on the clock? I think it's time you had a good hard look at yourself! It's the game!

What is a dog act is giving him a shove after he is over the line!
Last edited by Properossi on Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:05 pm

TBH though, Benji did rev them up a little.

He was pretty much toying with them, all he had to do was ground it or chuck it over the dead ball line. I really couldn't care less, but it was a bit of a show-pony thing to do; which we've come to expect from Benji.

Also, I love Benji, but he needs to stop acting like a princess; one day someone is going to connect with a good punch on him. He gets upset at the smallest things (eg Degois last week, Mateo this week).

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:08 pm

jais tigez wrote:Come on big damo where are you? Always quick to bag the s*** out of the boys. Got anything to say after today champ?

Posted using RoarFEED
:lol: spent the entire game writing garbage and labeling the side 'spineless' and now he's showing how spineless he is by not being man enough to show himself

willow

Post by willow » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:23 pm

shane2801 wrote:I thought we defended well on our line for most of the game. We looked a little better in attack also. I am a massive critic of Marshall but he did play well today. We need to play for the full 80 if we are to win this comp. The only downer of today was the way Marshall ran the clock down. Dog act! In my opinion he deserved to be pushed into the fence. I know there was only seconds left but still it spoilt a great game.
You made ridiculous comments about Marshall last week and after reading this it's clear you have a vendetta against him. The only dog act is this comment you made suggesting he should be pushed into the fence where serious injury could potentially occur to the Tigers star playmaker. Grow up or don't post here if this is the sort of tripe you're going to come up with.

jas83

Post by jas83 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:41 pm

Benji did the right thing by running it to the safest place. A kick over sideline has potential to go wrong. He would of probably be smashed running to sideline. Warriors were just sore losers.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:27 pm

Yea sorry. I wish no ill on any player getting hurt. Apologies. I still think he didn't do himself any favors by doing what he did though.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:42 pm

Benji ran down the clock to ensure the win. You don`t play rugby league to please the other side, you do whatever it takes to get your side to win.
The sooner a few of Benji`s team mates get this same attitide, the better we`ll go as a team!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:48 pm

I am thrilled with the play. It was by far the best option. Leave the Warriors fans to sook about it and enjoy our win.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:46 pm

Totally disagree. You don't run backwards. It's unsportsmanlike. Run up and take the tackle. I understand football has changed over the years but you don't do what he did. Soccer players take dives to enhance their chances for penalties, from your comment "Vicious" regarding doing whatever is necessary to win, maybe we should take dives as well?
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:49 pm

Mate, they can one on one rake it, or just hit him with a bellringer, or a multitude of things. Benji runs backwards half the time anyway during the game so what difference does it make?

We do take dives, the penalty that led to the first try was a clear dive. Brown put his hand on his shoulder like almost every marker does ever and Moltzen fell over like he got smacked in the head.