ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
tiger05

What a win !

Post by tiger05 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:19 pm

Seriously how good was it.

How good is Benji despite his stupid kick. I can't remember a tigers player being as good as him ever. I'm close to 40 and I have been supporting them for since I can remember and I don't think there has ever been a player as good as him.
How good was Ayshford ? He isn't the best centre in the game. He is probably not an origin player but geez he was good.
Ellis is like Sirro or maybe better.
Beau Ryan just tries his guts out. Not a gun but I love his effort.

jas83

Post by jas83 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:23 pm

Bring on Storm. I think this will give us the confidence to have a good performance at Leichhardt Oval and get a win against a packed crowd. Wish I could be there. But have to work

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:25 pm

I lost my throat. What a comeback. Doesn't excuse the first 60 minutes, but damn it's good to get a win like that.

POST EDITED BY ADMIN

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:28 pm

tiger05 wrote:Seriously how good was it.

How good is Benji despite his stupid kick. I can't remember a tigers player being as good as him ever. I'm close to 40 and I have been supporting them for since I can remember and I don't think there has ever been a player as good as him.
How good was Ayshford ? He isn't the best centre in the game. He is probably not an origin player but geez he was good.
For a few years there, maybe roughly 2006-2009 I thought while Benji was good he got a lot of unneccessary compliments. But his last year and a half he has been brilliant.

I think its important to remember, he doesnt have the most potent outside backs running off him and he doesnt get the advantage of running behind a huge metre making forward pack and is still dangerous.

His defence has improved out of sight and also i think his work rate. this year hes done a lot of tidy up work people dont notice.

Even today (and numerous times this year , I.E the morris try vs st george) he has chased down someone to keep them scoring closer to the posts and its been very crucial. he did it two times today, like the Johnson try.

The only thing he needs to work on is his short kicking game, way too inconsistant...Farah too.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:30 pm

i'm calling for everyone who was mouthing off on the live game thread (myself included with 1 comment out of frustration) to be man enough to come to this thread and admit they went off early.I can think of 2 ppl off the top of my head,lets see if they show themselves

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:32 pm

Benji is unbelievable. His defence was poor at one stage. Now he is solid. As you state he also puts in the extra effort so often it isn't funny. I doubt too many punters see this but it shows how much winning and being the best he can be means to him.

I personally liked last week when he was angry because of the way we were playing. He did it again today. We needed a big effort and he gave it.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:33 pm

I will admit, for a fraction of time I was slightly POST EDITED BY ADMIN 4 Beau Ryan after that late try! :D what a win!!!

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:37 pm

tiger05 wrote:Seriously how good was it.

wtf i guess u werent a balmain fan cause i can think of 5-6 payers that are better than benji
Ellis is not even close to siro
im happy we won but we were good for about 30 out of 80 mins and thats has me worried
Last edited by X-Pac on Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:i'm calling for everyone who was mouthing off on the live game thread (myself included with 1 comment out of frustration) to be man enough to come to this thread and admit they went off early.I can think of 2 ppl off the top of my head,lets see if they show themselves
Ill admit loudly that at 22-4 I said "Its not over" and was almost laughed out of the thread.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:41 pm

xpac the fact we were only good for 20 minutes and we still won against a good side has me excited like big kev

Underdog you were the only one mate the rest did there normal....goldens one of the best at it.

I also try and remain positive but i did have a sense of doom

gnr4life i now like you a little. ;)

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:45 pm

tiger4ever wrote:xpac the fact we were only good for 20 minutes and we still won against a good side has me excited like big kev

Underdog you were the only one mate the rest did there normal....goldens one of the best at it.

yes but theres still a lot of work to do,this side has to play a lot better than it has against the top 5
if the players went in happy with how they play against nz against thestorm they will get smashed

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:47 pm

What about the flick pass from Ellis? Deadset. Where on earth did that come from. Legend.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:48 pm

want some great reading?

http://forum.nzwarriorsonline.com/showt ... hp?t=18500

especially pages 6 onwards, where our boys started to comeback.

pure gold.
Last edited by underdog on Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:49 pm

underdog wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:i'm calling for everyone who was mouthing off on the live game thread (myself included with 1 comment out of frustration) to be man enough to come to this thread and admit they went off early.I can think of 2 ppl off the top of my head,lets see if they show themselves
Ill admit loudly that at 22-4 I said "Its not over" and was almost laughed out of the thread.
i did see that comment at about 22-10.You sir deserve credit for hanging in there

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:51 pm

tiger4ever wrote:xpac the fact we were only good for 20 minutes and we still won against a good side has me excited like big kev

gnr4life i now like you a little. ;)
well thats a start :lol: ...lets just take small steps

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:55 pm

yeah I did think we were out of it when it hit 22-4, great win, wish the Tigers would play for 80 minutes though

Did anyone tip againts us this weekend? I'm 4 from 4 :)

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:58 pm

tiger05 wrote:Benji is unbelievable. His defence was poor at one stage. Now he is solid. As you state he also puts in the extra effort so often it isn't funny. I doubt too many punters see this but it shows how much winning and being the best he can be means to him.

I personally liked last week when he was angry because of the way we were playing. He did it again today. We needed a big effort and he gave it.
spot tiger05 ... would not swap benji for any other player in the game. at some stage all those doubters and knockers ( who know absolutely jack about footy ) of benji will realise just how lucky we are to have him in the tigers line-up.

benji = legend !!
I dislike sowfs immensely

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:43 pm

Why is everyone saying we were bad for 60 minutes and only good for 20? I think a lot of you are being a bit too critical of our overall performance. I thought we played quite well in the first half. We were certainly on a par with the Warriors for the first 40 - it was a real arm wrestle. The second half was split 50-50 - their great first 20 and our slightly greater second 20 to get the win :D That's how I saw it anyway.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen